• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Hmmm the thing I find with the light ones is they throw easy, resist turn decent and hook up like a mo-fo. I find a light one more likely to fade than a heavier one, but you have to get over the extra weight, obviously a 174 throws harder and drops faster but I will present that it flies straighter overall... on some crazy gram per degree of turn proportional scale.

The cool thing about neutron is it beats to be the most neutral. I am however very enthralled with a light freshie. Been awhile since I got a fresh sub 170 anyplastic envy

And for you people scheming to only carry one envy....
Throw away another putter to make space!!! If you lose "one" you have none envy and you is screwed

Last edited:
^ agree, that 163g lab2 neutron finished sorta like a teebird, but in the good way that gives you confidence in a HW with a lighter weight disc.

Yeah, I'm tryna think about all the times the Envy went haywire on me and it wasn't a bad angle or shank...and...well...never...

I've misjudged a ton, and missed easy shots a ton...but just going berserk like some discs do? Gettin real flippy and ruining a round? Dumping real hard when you accidentally put it on hyzer too much? The wind a bit weirder or stronger than you thought...

It puts the Federal Reserve to shame. For a 350' putter.

Today I had a thought:

Disc golf is ultimately a game of mistake minimization and nothing more.

I found an Electron Soft Envy in the trunk and paired it with an Electron Soft Proxy for putting. I like the Proxy for slow drifting hyzer flips, and the Envy for just flying straight with a baby fade.

But really they putt about the same, certainly less than my usual level of random variability. :p

Interested to see how they season on the course, and whether the Envy eventually graduates to putting putter. I definitely prefer the feel of Electron Soft for putters vs. medium or firm.

So after all this discussion, I now have two Envy's in the bag (S Neutron, F Electron) and decided to put the proxies back in for another run at putting. I have added a S Electron to my wish list for beating in to see what happens…

I like the two envy setup. One premium, one electron. My original electron soft is pretty close to proxy stability.

My original plasma yard envy are dangerously close to electron stability but any other premium I have will always fade. I love em for driving but they are too straight to hit my maximum putting percentage.

If I kick in a freshish premium and an electron I really don't need any other putter except something wicked understable... but that where the Uplink comes in

I have a ton of Envy's but after an inexplicable week or grip locking/pulling them I turfed them from the bag.

Perhaps I need to try them again, but I'm very happy with my Berg / A2 / M4 combo. I don't throw far enough to slide an Envy back in there.

Just chiming in on the recent lighter weight Lab 2 Envys. I received one (167 with a beautiful slightly sparkly blue core and red rim) in my prize pack for winning a Circuit Event and it immediately went in the bag. Definitely my longest Envy and sooo dependable! It feels very fast out of the hand, glidey but very high speed stable with a dependable forward penetrating fade. Basically a perfect fresh Envy. I had a heavy CN in the most stable slot and it got the boot for this beauty. If I need more dumpy fade and/or less glide I'm throwing an Entropy anyway.

The good Teebird comparison above is very acurate.

I bought a soft Envy the other day, even tho I have a stack. It flies beautifully. I think I have to put it back in the bag again. A very enjoyable mold. It's so easy and intuitive to throw. Love it!

Loved the envy since it's release. Lately I find myself reaching for the proxy more and more. Not sure what happened with me and the envy we used to click, for some reason my releases are just off. But the proxy is fine which is so strange. Plan to do an envy only round or two to get its mojo back. Time to dog out my trusty n envy it never disappoints.

I am on the hunt for a new driving putter since McPro Aviars are getting harder to find.

How much more overstable is the Soft Neutron than the Eclipse 2.0?

I've only thrown the Eclipse and Electron Firm. For the winter - I'm thinking of going with:

Eclipse - Moderate OS Slot
New Electron - Straight
Seasoned Electron - Moderate US

Sound about right? Electron soft seems like it'd be too floppy for me. Thoughts?

Thanks!

I have three soft neutrons. They are probably the most stable/overstable of all of my Envy's. They definitely are the closest to a 0/2 flight of all of mine.

As far as the soft electron being "floppy" it really isn't. The flight plate is a little soft and squishy but overall the disc itself is still fairly stiff. If I had to compare it to anything as far as firmness I would say it's fairly close to my BT medium Harps and probably a touch firmer than something like a classic blend Judge.

When I bag two Envy's it's usually an electron firm for neutral to understable stuff and a soft electron for a reliable finish.

Lately though I just bag an electron firm and just pair it with something like a Harp or Zone for something more stable.

Ah, interesting. I'll add a Soft Electron to the order. I like Classic Blend Judges so something similar or slightly stiffer might be perfect, especially for beating in quicker. Looks like I don't need a Soft Neutron, as the Eclipse is about as OS as I need before Zone territory.

I appreciate the response, thanks!

Last edited:
I have three soft neutrons. They are probably the most stable/overstable of all of my Envy's. They definitely are the closest to a 0/2 flight of all of mine.

As far as the soft electron being "floppy" it really isn't. The flight plate is a little soft and squishy but overall the disc itself is still fairly stiff. If I had to compare it to anything as far as firmness I would say it's fairly close to my BT medium Harps and probably a touch firmer than something like a classic blend Judge.

When I bag two Envy's it's usually an electron firm for neutral to understable stuff and a soft electron for a reliable finish.

Lately though I just bag an electron firm and just pair it with something like a Harp or Zone for something more stable.

That's interesting about the electron firm envy being straighter for you. I got the proto electron glow and I love it! I had misgivings about going firm but I guess I was missing out.
Ah, interesting. I'll add a Soft Electron to the order. I like Classic Blend Judges so something similar or slightly stiffer might be perfect, especially for beating in quicker. Looks like I don't need a Soft Neutron, as the Eclipse is about as OS as I need before Zone territory.

I appreciate the response, thanks!

I don't know if the soft neutron is more stable than an eclipse.. I'd say it's a less stable front end, so less HSS but way more likely to hook up at the last 5 - 10 percent of flight. It's just like, I'm done time to fade out, always. It always hooks up.

Soft neutron is a nice ride in the winter. Honestly though I haven't bought many new runs. Just old info haha. Most envy fly about the same, electron being special. If you want less HSS the soft envy is probably a good idea.

But I'm biased, buy more envy's :D

That's interesting about the electron firm envy being straighter for you. I got the proto electron glow and I love it! I had misgivings about going firm but I guess I was missing out.

I don't know if the soft neutron is more stable than an eclipse.. I'd say it's a less stable front end, so less HSS but way more likely to hook up at the last 5 - 10 percent of flight. It's just like, I'm done time to fade out, always. It always hooks up.

Soft neutron is a nice ride in the winter. Honestly though I haven't bought many new runs. Just old info haha. Most envy fly about the same, electron being special. If you want less HSS the soft envy is probably a good idea.

But I'm biased, buy more envy's :D

I have had Soft, Medium, and Firm Electron Envys. Neutron, Plasma, Eclipse, Proton, and Soft Neutron Envys...All of these being 172-174g.

The Plasma I had was stiff and was, without a doubt, the most overstable Envy I have thrown to this day. Based off my experience with the Eclipse Insanity (Thunderbird levels of stability) I assumed the Eclipse Envy would be the most overstable but it was actually more in line with a freshie Electron Envy.

I've not thrown a squishy plasma but this is my general experience with Envy's...

Plasma > Soft Neutron > Neutron/Proton > Eclipse > All Electrons

the difference between any of these plastics is not much. i.e. the difference between Plasma and Soft Neutron is not a whole lot but Plasma compared to Electron is a larger, more tangible, difference.

I could have gotten an odd Plasma. I could have also gotten an odd Eclipse too. Because I immediately returned my Eclipse Proxy because my Eclipse Envy (a little beat up now) flew almost identical.

Bottom line I guess is to try some out or just go with what you want to have. You can't go wrong with a premium/base combination. I personally like the feel/grip of Neutron and the 'give' of the Soft Neutron so I almost exclusively have those. I have a SN Envy, SN proxy, Firm Envy, and sometimes I throw my soft electron super beat super flippy Proxy in there.

Right now the SN proxy is a bit more stable than the Firm Envy which is pretty beat in...bt that Envy has literally no fade and also almost 0 turn. If I put anny on it, it holds and pans out with enough height, if I put hyzer it flips up to flat. It's a special disc but I do hope the SN Proxy will get to that point soon because the 'sweetspot window' for base plastics is inversely proportional to the amount of trees hit...and that Electron Envy is right on the hairs edge of exiting that sweet spot.

Most gyronauts seem to post six pages to express their undying gyro love these days. Kinda think some of y'all are retired.

I've got three beer and an hour before bed.. What else should I do?

Oh and that's because gyro discs need an instruction manual. For all them folks on the bandwagon or the die hard that appreciate every intimate turn and nuance of a plastic circle haha. We are just smarter, got more of them word thingys than the average chucker.

Kinda like armchair engineers.

....edit... two beer

Last edited:

Latest posts