• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

bad round excuses thread

I missed the putt because all of the horrible miss use of the word *You're.

Top 4 in Charlotte Am worlds were lefty or sidearm dominate/proficient. And a few other lefties hung around the top card for the first 4-5 rounds.

Why ruin my fun? :p

Honestly outside of a few sections of CLT golf (most notably the OB on RL Smith 4, 7, 8, 16) there really isn't any inherent difference in rotation. Reedy and Winget favor lefties. The two courses that seem to give me the most trouble (where I play worse than people of similar skill levels) , you were involved in though. The straight throws with fade left holes at Nevin (1, 2, 3, 13, 15) and Bradford (5, 13) that only take 240-275' of power are where I lose strokes to my peers when they are getting easy birdies and I end up taking 3s. I've gotta figure out a forehand for those shots.

That "one" tree. It's always that "one" tree that messed him up. Not the 25 that surround it but that one... If only that one tree weren't there.............
Next session we are going to have to work on taking responsibility and turning the 'him' to an 'me'.:D
Come on fess up dude

That basket is higher/lower than it should be.

If I would have let go at the right moment, that would've hit chains!

IRON LEAF!!!

"Man, the footing for that shot was awful!"
"CRAMP!"
"Damn it, I messed up that first step and just kept going! Shoulda aborted that drive!"
"I KNEW I should have taken a leak BEFORE I shot"

The three that stick out to me are,

1 - I heard a guy talking after a round in one of the first sanctioned tournaments I played say, "I cannot believe they (TD and tournament staff) made me wear a shirt. I played terrible because I am not accustomed to playing in this heat with a shirt on." When I heard that, a Johnny Russell song I used to hear at fraternity parties in college came to mind and I turned around to see if David Allan Coe was playing in the tournament. When I turned around to look, I thought the guy was wearing a sweater but he actually had taken his shirt off. When seeing this, I think they should have made an exception for this player.

2 - A player at a sanctioned tournament said, "I would have shot 5 strokes better that round if the people in the group in front of us would have quit walking around when I was putting the entire round." In all actuality, it happened on one hole.

3 - The funniest was when I played with a guy that got upset at a another player for saying birdie instead of 2 at one of the first casual events I played years ago. The irritated player was keeping score and blamed his bad round on having to keep score as well as the other guy on the card refusing to say 2, 3, etc.

"I haven't played this bad in 3 years." As I'm mentally recalling my terrible round from last week.

if you are one of those whiners who constantly complains and makes excuses during a round, ultimately becoming a dark cloud to those around you, just know that people definitely talk about you behind your back

Next session we are going to have to work on taking responsibility and turning the 'him' to an 'me'.:D
Come on fess up dude

Nah Bro, I'm quick to admit, I suck at this or I'm off today or whatever. And I'll bust a tree up in a heartbeat driver/mid/putter, I've made wood chips with them all. Pretty sure my mini has pine tar on it.....:thmbup:

"The teepads are getting into my head"

I actually say and agree with this one, if the Teepads are slick / look slick i'm scared to put any power into a shot because i've fallen a few times during the pivot / follow through (Even on low power shots)

I actually treat this as a legitimate concern as well. If there is any chance of slipping, I am not going to be driving as well because I won't plant and I will start to throw with my arm. Bottom line. Even after a pad is shoveled, if it isn't bare concrete I don't feel comfortable.