• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bandemer Stolen Basket Update (and warning to all potential basket thieves)!

Innovadude

Birdie Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Thanks to some attentive and helpful local disc golfers, the stolen Practice Basket from Bandemer Park (Ann Arbor, MI) that I donated through the Throw Shop, has been found and returned by the police.
Now it's in their hands to hopefully bring the hammer down on the scum. I know they won't or can't do much, they probably hardly care. Yesterday I got word from the guy who spotted it, closed the shop and drove to Ann Arbor to check it out, it was immediately clear this was the stolen basket, so I called the police. The officer was able to return the basket to me at that time, and now they have to 'interview' the man who lives in that apartment (he wasn't home, and the basket was in his storage unit). Thanks for the help disc golf community! It probably never would have been found without the word being out.

Let this be a warning to all future basket thieves. Once we found out who this man was, it WILL be known he is a basket thief, and he will hopefully never be able to show his face anywhere near a disc golf course again. Yes, it is possible he's not even a disc golfer. I just don't know yet.

Finally, someone gets caught and a basket gets returned!

Really glad to hear it was recovered. :D
Also nice to see a happy ending to one of these stories for once. :thmbup:

Good work Ben, very happy to hear of its return. Was shocked a couple weeks ago when we played GLOW at Bandy and it was missing. Very happy to hear of its safe return and that the police have a solid lead on the suspect. CHA!!!

Feel free to publicly shame this lowlife by posting his name here.

I couldn't agree more! As a society we've gone from shaming criminals to allowing crime to provide " street cred". Calling this guy out in public ( maybe even with pictures?) would provide more deterrent than whatever puny little sentence he will receive from the justice system. On a lighter note, I'm glad to hear you were able to recover the basket. There's nothing more frustrating than doing something to improve your community, and watching some douche bag damage it.

I couldn't agree more! As a society we've gone from shaming criminals to allowing crime to provide " street cred". Calling this guy out in public ( maybe even with pictures?) would provide more deterrent than whatever puny little sentence he will receive from the justice system. On a lighter note, I'm glad to hear you were able to recover the basket. There's nothing more frustrating than doing something to improve your community, and watching some douche bag damage it.

Street cred=douche cred.

We need to start tar and feathering these db's.

We should be able to line up basket thieves and then a whole squad of people start unloading their bags at them. But they all have to be tomahawks and thumbers.

We should be able to line up basket thieves and then a whole squad of people start unloading their bags at them. But they all have to be tomahawks and thumbers.

if they steal baskets there is a good chance they will steal your discs. :popcorn:

Feel free to publicly shame this lowlife by posting his name here.

This definitely should be a sticky thread! Knowledge is power!

knowledge-is-power-41.jpg

Last edited:
Good to hear. Bandemer is one of the more well designed 9 hole courses I've played. 27 unique tees, lots of fun.

Killing two birds with one stone...
To curtail basket theives, we could catch some of those street-wandering pitbulls from Detroit and chain them up to the bottom of the basket poles. Make their chains 10M long and that would make putting from inside the circle interesting.

Yeah! That's the ticket...

Latest posts