• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Best Control/Distance Hyzer-Flip Disc

jdw80550

* Ace Member *
So I'm looking for a nice speed 9-11ish hyzer-flippin' disc. I would like one that just flattens out on a clean hyzer release before it fades back. I don't really want it to drift to the right too much, but rather stands up and then fades forward.

Just FYI, I can push my Eagles out to about 400', but I can't get them to flip. Mainly on a big S. My 178g Comet will go about 325' before it gets squirrely.

I've been contempating a Tern, Sidewinder, or Crank. I've had success with the Escape and Saint, but would like something that would be a little farther with little better HSS. The Saint would get a little finicky.

Try a Prometheus... Seriously. I know you said speed 9-11. But if you can generate the spin, that is exactly what you are looking for

Go with a Innova Champion Tern if you want to try the higher speed.

I can get this thing to fly straight for a bit then slowly fade. I can push the Champion Tern to about 430ft.

The Innova Star Tern is a hyerflip machine for me though. I can push these out farther than my Champion. I can get my Star Tern out to 450ft on a good hyerflip.

Ran out of time to edit.

The Sidewinder is another good one. I just have a Star Sidewinder,but it has seen many many throws and this sucker still performs. It's real easy to control for those tight wooded shots. Hyzer-flip for days.

Star Orc will sit up and run straight with a decent fade.

I feel like I'm the only person that loves this disc....

400' with an eagle, dude, you throw far! ^ I think rivers are less than you're requested speed 9-11.

I like the Renegade's 2.1cm rim, speed 11 (same width as a wraith). Should be a hyzer flip to 450' with your power. Trespass has a similar width rim but is more stable and 10% longer than the renegade for me so I'm guess off the charts D for a 400' fairway driver thrower.

Hands down a star tern, With a hyzer release it will come out, flip flat, roll over maybe 3-4 feet then a smooth finish left

I've owned a Tern and bag a few Prodigy D# drivers, all have wider rims than the OP's speed 9-11 request.

Why not just suggest the Prometheus? I read its not overstable so a power thrower would probably need to hyzer flip it, except it has the widest possible PDGA approved rim width at 2.6cm so its prolly a midrange :rolleyes:

My suggestion is an Gold Line or Opto Fury.

Other acceptable suggestions are a star or champion sidewinder, or a roadrunner in whatever star or champion plastic Innova makes those in.

Star Orc will sit up and run straight with a decent fade.

I feel like I'm the only person that loves this disc....

I have stack of Orcs, but they are all just a little too stable. They don't flatten out the way I want. Beautiful pure hyzer disc though.

No pro wraith? Ok. Change my suggestion to a Gold Line River or Volt. Both take ink like a champ, too.

I have a Opto River that I like for this shot, but looking for something a tad longer. It has a great dye. 3 oldest disc I have.

400' with an eagle, dude, you throw far! ^ I think rivers are less than you're requested speed 9-11.

I like the Renegade's 2.1cm rim, speed 11 (same width as a wraith). Should be a hyzer flip to 450' with your power. Trespass has a similar width rim but is more stable and 10% longer than the renegade for me so I'm guess off the charts D for a 400' fairway driver thrower.

I bought into the disc down Kool-Aid and it paid off. It's fun to watch people throw a Nuke 350', and I can get there with a Wasp.;)

What is the Renegade similar too?

I tossed a Orc until I found the PD. To the OP, I'd say your best bet is to get a S PD & beat it in.

I've tried S-PD 3 different times, but they take so long to break in, that I just give up on them. Maybe I just need to be patient.

I've owned a Tern and bag a few Prodigy D# drivers, all have wider rims than the OP's speed 9-11 request.

Why not just suggest the Prometheus? I read its not overstable so a power thrower would probably need to hyzer flip it, except it has the widest possible PDGA approved rim width at 2.6cm so its prolly a midrange :rolleyes:

My biggest issue with faster than a speed 11, is my finger are just not as long. The rims always seem to sit funny in my hands. I threw a Nuke SS for the first time and could do $#!% with it because it was too hard to find a clean release because of the rim size.

Latest posts