• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best disc youve ever lost...?

Tye Dye Elite X Xpress. It was a good driver and is nothing like its replacement. Oh well I kind of outgrew it anyway. I threw on Hole 4 in Brighton while playing doubles. We took my partner's shot for par and went on. Hole 6 I reach in my bag and its gone. I run up the hill to hole 4 where it should have been... GONE. No idea where it went. There was a family walking by the hole and all I can assume is that they picked it up.

Actually mine changed. My first ace disc which was a 175 Champ Viking and was my first ace disc. Worst part was that my friend lost it while we were throwing on a football field at night.

I had a Champ Valk with a custom dye on it. This disc was so nicely broken it, it flew perfect. I have no idea if I left it on the course or practice field, I just no one day I was looking for it, and it was gone. I still miss that disc

Star TeeBird with a custom dye on it. As I was on the teepad a guy in our group starts asking me about the dye, so I get all excited to talk about dyeing and huck this thing off the side of the fairway down a hill into some deep woods. At this point I'm not really paying attention and am blabbering on about dyeing. Then I realize where I threw it and start to worry. Sure enough, it was gone. To make matters worse, I later heard that someone found it and kept it instead of calling.

BTW, it's a huge pet peeve of mine to talk to me while I'm on the teepad. I'm too ADD for that kind of stuff. It will throw me off everytime.

Two for me, my first ace disc (171 Orange Star Teebird) lost the day after I made my first ace and my perfectly beat in Elite X Avenger. Oh and that CE Teebird L I lost at Wynwood didnt feel good either oh and my Ghost Stamp Elite Z Buzzz too. I think Im beginning to see a pattern here, if its a good disc Im bound to lose it. Back to DX Eagles and Birdies for me

CFR Destroyer with '08 cinco de flyo stamp. It was beat in and would fly straight and very, very, very, very, very, very, very far.

Red champ Teebird, lost on #4 at Mitch Park, Edmond Oklahoma. Looked for that pup for a good hour and a half, never found it. Hopefully somebody else did and it's flying free again - it was a found disc to begin with and I never inked it either.

My first 175 Star XCal. To be fair, it tried to warn me...or maybe it just wasn't meant to be. I spent over an hour looking for it on two holes the day before. I actually gave up on it on the second one. Driving to the store to get a new one I spotted it (the road I took went near the pin I lost it on...it was on the side of the road). The next day I played two rounds at another course. First round, clipped a low hanging tree branch on tee one and it went off to the right. Took 30 minutes to spot it in a tree. Second round, I clipped the same branch. It went deep in the woods, and I never saw it again.

Both of my starter packs I bought, one Innova, one Discraft...lost the driver from each... Innova was a Leopard and the Discraft was an XL.

Both lost on the same hole, on different days. The XL because I sucked then, the Leopard because it had a wonky flight pattern because I took a chunk out of it when it hit a patch of asphalt.

Sadness.

I also lost my first Viking...same course as those two discs, yet another trip. I do NOT throw dark blue plastic anymore. Don't. Throw. Dark. Blue. Discs.

\/\/

I lost a 163g tie-dyed Z XS that I bought used at a PIAS. Lost it at Mint Hill during the morning of the 2009 USDGC. It flew just at my max throw range. It would fly straight and not hyzer out. I could really fling it and it wouldn't turn over. I could throw it at 75% and it wouldn't hyzer out. Sweet disc.
I'm working on trying to replace it.

Well worn X buzz...the first disc that I ever felt like I had any connection to. It deserved better than the watery grave I sent it to.