• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best FREE scorecard app for iPhone??

That does sound cool. Does the app have any reviews? That generally tells the real story.

I'm using Discasaurus now, which works fine...

21 reviews all 5 stars except one person gave 4 stars. Everybody seems to have good things to say about this app. I'm thinking about trying it

I bought it.

I couldn't resist the temptation, and went to a local park about 2 blocks away to try out the distance thing. It seemed to work pretty well, as long as your gps is accurate, I guess.

Worst case, it's a $1.99 score keeper.

If they could link the course info to this site, it would be a huge bonus.

I bought it.

I couldn't resist the temptation, and went to a local park about 2 blocks away to try out the distance thing. It seemed to work pretty well, as long as your gps is accurate, I guess.

Worst case, it's a $1.99 score keeper.

If they could link the course info to this site, it would be a huge bonus.

Haha man that was fast. I purchased it also and will be trying it tomorrow..

Easy scorecard is the best. It has side games built in and will do a lot more then some of the others. I wish the guy would do it for the iphone

I just type easy scorecard into the app search and the first one that popped up was a disc golf app. Can you try this and let me know if its the same one.

do you have andriod phone or iphone and none of the ones on the iphone under easy scorecard are the same as thr andriod

I really like the feature on this UDisc app that uses the GPS to see how far your shot went. I haven't been out to play yet but I tested it out on the house lol. Walked 25 ft then used the tape measure and it was on the money. Should be fun when I go out later

I asked the guy on facebook if there was any chance of linking the course info to this site. Here's his reply....

UDisc: Hi Scott. I need to make an FAQ because this question comes up a lot . No, I'm not going to link to dgcoursereview. They charge money to use their data and there are restrictions around how you can use the data which would prohibit me from having the "find course" map feature, and I'm not willing to get rid of that feature to satisfy their terms of use. If I'm paying for data I should be able to use it how I please.

However, the pdga is working on a way for developers to link to their data and I expect their restrictions to be fewer than dgcr. Once the pdga makes their directory available, my plan is to migrate the app to use their data set. It's probably not going to be available until mid-end of 2013 (from what they tell me).

I think that guy is reading the terms of use incorrectly. Sounds like his main beef is that there is a fee to use the data.

That said, check http://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile

There's a mobile map, course search, etc. Always up to date with the main site.

Last edited:
If you can't fork over 1/4 the price of a disc for the PDGA App, which does a lot more than just keep score, then maybe you can't afford to play disc golf. My favorite feature of this app isn't the estimated round rating, it's the one touch map of courses near me and the the one touch turn by turn navigation feature that usually gets me right to the parking lot, or at least really close. It's definitely saved my bacon at out of town tournaments.

If you can't fork over 1/4 the price of a disc for the PDGA App, which does a lot more than just keep score, then maybe you can't afford to play disc golf. My favorite feature of this app isn't the estimated round rating, it's the one touch map of courses near me and the the one touch driving navigation feature that usually gets you right to the parking lot, or at least really close. It's really saved my butt at out of town tournaments.
Those features are free on the mobile site :)

If you can't find the disc golf course following a list of textual directions then maybe you shouldn't be driving to the disc golf course.

It uses google maps... if you're on an android device it'll just load up the maps app and you can look at the turn-by-turn list, use the google navigation, etc. If you're on another device it should load the google mobile page and give you a turn-by-turn list.

I think that guy is reading the terms of use incorrectly. Sounds like his main beef is that there is a fee to use the data.

That said, check http://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile

There's a mobile map, course search, etc. Always up to date with the main site.

Yeah, I have no idea what he's reading.

I already have the mobile site saved on my iPhone!

The uDisc app is cool...it would just be better if it incorporated the course info from this site!

:)

It uses google maps... if you're on an android device it'll just load up the maps app and you can look at the turn-by-turn list, use the google navigation, etc. If you're on another device it should load the google mobile page and give you a turn-by-turn list.

OK, I didn't have google maps for iphone. I had to download it.

Cool app!

OK, I didn't have google maps for iphone. I had to download it.

Cool app!

Yeah, Google Maps for iPhone is better than the stock Apple navigation app that comes with iOS 6. The one downside I've found with google maps is that it drains my iPhone's battery VERY fast.

To the original question, I use discasaurus on my iPhone. It's free, you can edit and update the course data yourself, and upload your scores to the discasaurus website for record keeping or sharing. It's also very easy to use, and won't become a distraction to keep up with between holes. It doesn't have all the features that some other apps do, but it's easily the best free scorecard for disc golf that I've found available for iOS, and you aren't going to find one that's easier to use. :thmbup:

In a nutshell: iPhone + FREE => discasaurus!