• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BEST, I mean the VERY BEST course in Colorado???

NothinButChing

* Ace Member *
Planning last road trip of the season ... want to start in Utah n try to get to top rated course in Colorado. :thmbup:

I noticed that the reviews in Colorado are spot on as NO course has a 5.0 rating n every course seems to have plenty of reviews. :clap:

Please help tstack and I plan one hell of a trip!! :hfive:

we can go as far as Denver ... we're in Salt Lake City and plan on playing couple course on the way to Colorado and a couple fo courses on the way to the top rated and the same thing on the way home ..

Most likely be the same route we took to get to Denver, thru the mountains on I-70.

so far rough draft plan.. want it to be only 3 days, but 3 FULL days maybe even leaving night before to be at first destination in morning to disc at dawn ... may be stretching to a 4 day trip

SLC --> Torrey, UT
Torrey --> Moab
Moab --> Grand Junction
Grand Juntion --> Denver
Denver --> Boulder
Boulder --> SLC .. possible stops in Denver and Grand Junction on way home and Art Dye in Utah County

Last edited:
If you want the best - the is no argument: play Beaver Ranch and Phantom Falls outside of Denver in Conifer and Pine. Far and away the best pairing and courses in Colorado.

BEAVER RANCH...

1420807-quagmire.jpg

Obviously The Beave and The Phantom are the stops to make. In Glenwood Springs, on 25 east of GJ, You will want to play Colorado Mountain College there. That is a very quality course. There is some good stuff around GJ too, but I have not played any of them as of yet. In Denver, you will want to play Johnny Roberts for the history of Colorado DG and Bird's Nest, they are near eachother. As you go back to SLC I would reccomend going up through Ft. Collin and playing Edora and maybe doing a quick trip up to Red Feather Lakes and playing the two courses there at Sundance Trail and Beaver Meadows.

In a Van? is this Crash?

hahaha prob sometime in September if the stars align just right

I'm not sure what Crash is... and I suppose I'm not really in a van, as I'm driving my car at this time, but I will be swinging through your area in the next couple days, I'm planning on hitting a course or two in SLC Area.

I love Colorado Mountain College in Leadville Its not right off I-70, but not too far off 70. All the other ones people suggested are good. In Denver, I would pick Camenisch DGC (Badlands and Blair Witch courses)as the best course.

Creekside and University of Utah course in the City and Solitude or The Canyons if you'll be staying a day or so longer

damn might end up skipping Utah courses all together and just head East thru the mountains and hit up a number of Colorado courses as well as Laramie and Evanston on the way back to SLC

If you want the best - the is no argument: play Beaver Ranch and Phantom Falls outside of Denver in Conifer and Pine. Far and away the best pairing and courses in Colorado.

I have yet to play Phantom Falls, but agree with Beaver Ranch/Conifer all the way. Just bring your hiking boots with you and a camera.

I live in Greeley and play Edora in Fort Collins alot, IMO it's ok to skip it and just play Sundance, Edora is nice, but not amazing.

if it turns into 4 day trip we really might have to go north thru Boulder and Ft Collins after Beaver Ranch n Phantom Falls

If you do end up going north after you hit Beaver Ranch and Phantom, then go northwest of Fort Collins into the mountains and hit Beaver Meadows and Sundance Trail Ranch. I think Sundance is the better course, but Beaver Meadows is possibly the most grueling course I have ever played. Well, maybe between that and Phantom.

Sandance middle six is just cool in and around the rocks, and I love the amazing vistas that Beaver Meadows has. Hole #17 is cool shooting down the lift area.

Plus, just like the Beaver Ranch and Phantom - Sundance and Beaver Meadows are only about ten to fifteen minutes from each other, so it's another no brainer if you have time.

I have *cough* *cough* (shameless plug :D) thoroughly reviewed all four courses for your reading pleasure as well as pretty much every single course on the front range from Boulder and north, so enjoy!

Oh if you do hit the northern Colorado front range - best courses in this order: Edora Park(Fort Collins), Oxbow DGC(Windsor), Cache La Poudre Jr. High(La Porte), Loomiller Park(Longmont), and Clark Centennial Park(Longmont). Note on Cache La Poudre - I love short and quick technical wooded courses so I probably rank this one higher than most others would. Again, Enjoy!

Latest posts