• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Lid in heavy weights?

Others....

Whitler, max wt~167. Large diameter (Zeppelin diameter) and domey. Basically an ultrastar tryng to be a disc golf disc. Compared to an ultrstar, much less HSS, a tad bit more LSS. Actually has a decent shot at staying in, but good luck gettng this out past 200'....

Also check out a Te Moko superclass (pm me if interested). ~190-200, a super beefy Sonic, it has a ringed top and a thumbtrac. Compared to a Zephyr, more HSS and LSS. Compared to an ultrastar, about the same HSS, but more LSS.

sorry to threadjack for a second, but do most of you guys who throw lids toss them in the heavier weights?

i've been looking to pick up a zehyr or condor and didn't know how well they glide when you get into the 180-190 range.

condors are really stable and fly for days. It flies about the same distance as my roc and buzz, but handles like a putter. I throw it on an arrow about 250-260 max, but i have buddies that can heave it over 300 for sure.

sorry to threadjack for a second, but do most of you guys who throw lids toss them in the heavier weights?

i've been looking to pick up a zehyr or condor and didn't know how well they glide when you get into the 180-190 range.

When I still used a Sonic, I used Max weight only. The thing was flippy enough without being lightweight too. I wouldn't recommend the Sonic for anything outside the circle though. Not because of how it flies, but due to a tendency to crack along the thumbtrak if you hit anything too hard (lost 3 sonics that way, one on the first round I played with it:thmbdown:)

I don't notice a ton of difference between a 165 zephyr and a 195 zephyr, the heavy one still has a ton of glide.

Is that right, olemiss5931?

Well, you can GTFO. :|

*reports olemiss5931 to mods for criticism* :|

I have a Sonic and a Pro-D Zeppelin. I really dig the Zeppelins in Pro-D actually. It's got that lid flight with the golf disc feel in-hand. I use it for exactly what you're wanting to do, glidey approaches. I also like it for slow turnover putter drives when snapped on a hyzer.

I have a 165g whamo frisbee from 1980 that I love, however it doesnt fit in my golf bag!!

I love the polecat personally. I have only ever thrown a condor once or twice, but it was fun. That is the main reason I throw polecats though; they are fun and easy to use.

I play a lot of catch and like to get a super class round in now and again. If you're thinking pure lid, I'd consider an Ultra Star or a Pulsar. The Ultra Star and Pulsar are both Ultimate Discs. The Super Nova by Innova is a good, large catch disc that is easier for flicks than a Pulsar.

If you want light weight catch disc the 125g Catch Disc from Discraft works great.