• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Lid in heavy weights?

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I've been kicking around the idea of carrying a lid b/c A: They're fun as heck to throw and B: you can make really ballsy runs at the basket. But the problem is lids aren't that lid like and floaty after you start getting heavier than 150. I'd love a lid that flew and felt like a Superhero in the 170s.

Any ideas? :popcorn:

Sonic does the same thing. I don't consider the Condor a lid, but get one and you'll be happy. Trust me :thmbup:

I use to use a sonic a long time ago. It is kind of a bad lid. Ever since mark ellis gave me a rattler it hasn't left the bag and I really don't ever see it going anywhere. The rattler is really nice because it really is a lid through and through but it is certainly a golf disc as well. The a good golf disc a sonic does not make.

So Rattler and the anode... they're buddies now. And the Anode knocked the comet and roc out as well.

A sonic is a great golf disc. What were you trying to use it for? How heavy was it? They are really glidey but as long as you expect that you should have great results.

I like the condor but that's going the opposite way in weight from what you said. Mine is 195g but I use it for all kinds of approaches inside of 200 feet. Basically all of them unless it's a really low ceiling. It has a ton of glide, is really accurate, and lands softer than anything I've ever thrown including various lids. I love being able to "run" the basket on approach shots and not worrying if I'll get a bad roll.

My only complaint is finding a place in the bag for it. The diameter of it is a pain.

I'm not sure what you're after, BroD, but my favorite lid is the Innova Supernova. 180g of floaty neutralness. It's BIG, too.

i love my older birdie. its a lid and its slow just floats along and wont glide too far. you can even get them in champ on ms site.