• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Spike-Hyzer Disc?

What is the best spike-hyzer disc?

• Banshee

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Firebird

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Max

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Viper

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Whippet

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • X-Cal

• Flick

• Force

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Nuke OS

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Predator

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Xtreme

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Blitz

• Trident

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • XxX

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Blaze

• Demon

• Illusion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spirit

• Tsunami

• Other

• Total voters

JFink2011

Bogey Member
What is the best spike-hyzer disc on the market?
I saw a thread similar to this, but it only had Innova drivers listed. I wanted to give the others a chance.

I've been throwing the Flick for awhile now, but I'm interested to see what y'all think...

Last edited:
Voted Predator because that's what I have and use but if I had a Flick that would've been my vote.

i voted Tsunami, since it's the last disc i can even remember throwing a spike hyzer with. and it worked

I would vote for the original Pro line Monster, but since you can't find them. I am going with a fresh out of the box Crush. I keep a brand new one in the bag all the time just for this shot.

ZONE! but thats already been rehashed on this thread a few times. Went with fireckn.

Spike hyzers can be thrown with anything. You can spike an Aviar on a calm day. I'll vote for the Xtreme because it's gotten no love, and it's not really "on the market" anymore.

May as well change the title of this thread to "Best Thumber/Most Overstable Disc".

Whippet most of the time, X-cal when it needs to go a little bit further. I used to throw a Gator for controlled spikes, but the Whippet sort of took over all of those shots, so I don't anymore.

XXX for me personally. Really, any of these discs will work for a spike hyzer as it's a rather undiscerning shot when all's said and done.

i voted banshee because i ever so rarely throw spike hyzers, and i would rather put more user-hyzer on the disc than speed-hyzer (does that make sense?).

why does a tombstone matter. put zone in your poll. or this is a fail.

You throw Forehand, so why does it matter what you think about a spike hyser? Its not like you have any skill with the back hand or you wouldnt throw forehand.

I voted Viper(CE) only because it is one of the only discs that comes out of my hand and instantly goes left, so when i throw it up, it comes straight down.