• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BlueBerry Hill vrs Flip City

Deep Water is waaaaay overrated to me as well......I dont get the thrill of possibly losing plastic.

I'm not a fan of contrived OOB made by ropes, roads, or even the Flipper Rocks (though I've never seen them)

If your course needs contrived OOB to make it safe or interesting it loses some points in my book

also to anyone that has yet to play flip city and is wondering if its overated,the amenities and cleanliness and landscape makes this course a 4 without even bringing "design" into play.Everybody needs to grow up,this site isnt about "my fav course" vs "your fav course". its to give people a general idea of what to expect at a particular course. i ask why is it not that simple???????????????

I have a feeling Flip is at least a 4 based on maintenance, beauty, fun, ambience, fun etc. and will never be a 5 as its not champ caliber. I've never been there but it seems to be a 4.5 according to what Ive read....a 2.5 seems a bit harsh but everyones local courses get slammed from time to time......when a brat gets punished they tend to cry especially if it's undeserved. I have met a few people who have played Flip and said its not all its cracked up to be.....I'm withholding judgement til I get to play it.

Deep Water is waaaaay overrated to me as well......I dont get the thrill of possibly losing plastic.

I'm not a fan of contrived OOB made by ropes, roads, or even the Flipper Rocks (though I've never seen them)

If your course needs contrived OOB to make it safe or interesting it loses some points in my book

the rocks are more art then a made up o.b., u would def have to see to believe,there are rocks stacked on every tree stump out there,big and small,they look like big mushrooms on the ground,and when u go make sure if u see a rock ,u grab it and stack it on the nearest stump or bigger rock.plus,it makes these faiways immaculate

I have a feeling Flip is at least a 4 based on maintenance, beauty, fun, ambience, fun etc. and will never be a 5 as its not champ caliber. I've never been there but it seems to be a 4.5 according to what Ive read....a 2.5 seems a bit harsh but everyones local courses get slammed from time to time......when a brat gets punished they tend to cry especially if it's undeserved. I have met a few people who have played Flip and said its not all its cracked up to be.....I'm withholding judgement til I get to play it.

i think flip is a 5,that being said, i dont think it is a "end all ,be all" but for the beauty, design,cleanliness,amenities,artwork,landscape,etc.. it deserves it! i know there are courses out there just as good but for what flip has to work with i couldnt visualize a better setup. i hope i visit more courses that i can rate a 5,i will be one happy golfer

On a side note, why does everyone review Blueberry Hill at Highbridge and neglect to review the rest? Blueberry is a great course, but it's not a one ring circus up there.

also to anyone that has yet to play flip city and is wondering if its overated,the amenities and cleanliness and landscape makes this course a 4 without even bringing "design" into play.

WRONG!! I'm not going to say I disagree, I am going to say that you are wrong! Complete lack of good design will NOT yield a 4 disc course based on amenities, landscape definitely plays a very crucial role, but design is key! I know you're stretching it and understand your point about flip, but the statement is WRONG.

On a side note, why does everyone review Blueberry Hill at Highbridge and neglect to review the rest? Blueberry is a great course, but it's not a one ring circus up there.

I really wish more people would review the others. Not only do I want to see more opinions about the open but niche filling Granite Ridge, and the par 68 Gold, but I'm DYING to hear about the full 18 hole Bear and whatever there is of Whitetail! I might abandon my Flip-Leviathan-Mason-Whitehall trip and go play the Bear and Whitetail if they were both complete. I'd be sure to hit Sandy point on the way back. And of course I'd be comparing them all to the variety of Winter Park.

WRONG!! I'm not going to say I disagree, I am going to say that you are wrong! Complete lack of good design will NOT yield a 4 disc course based on amenities, landscape definitely plays a very crucial role, but design is key! I know you're stretching it and understand your point about flip, but the statement is WRONG.

Once u make it to flip u will see what i meen. But if u want a challenge, leviathan will give u plenty . Flip wasnt made to push u to the limit, flip wants u to be as happy a possible

Plus i never said design is an afterthought, i said without even bringing into play the design aspect, flip is a 4 but once u see the design it easily puts that 5 up, so to get such a low rating is factually wrong based on the review criteria

I have met a few people who have played Flip and said its not all its cracked up to be..

Coincidentally, I have heard the same EXACT phrase about:

1. Highberry
2. Idlewild
3. etc etc etc...

and your point? Is there ANY course, ANY that fits everyone's needs? I'll wait for the answer.

PS...the latest review of Flip at a 2.5, BEYOND fake. I would wager the rest of my lifes earning that the douchebag has never stepped foot within 30 miles of Flip. Sad sad sad. Oh, and he reviewed Highberry at 5. Strange.

This should be an automatic delete.

the irony, Flip is STILL #1 with over 92 5 rated reviews.

EPIC FAIL

PS...the latest review of Flip at a 2.5, BEYOND fake. I would wager the rest of my lifes earning that the douchebag has never stepped foot within 30 miles of Flip. Sad sad sad. Oh, and he reviewed Highberry at 5. Strange.

EPIC FAIL

Not only are they the only courses that he has reviewed but he listed more "Pros" for Flip and gave it half the score, interesting...

Sorry tom its not fake. I've been there done that and probably wont be going back it wouldn't warrant more than an hour drive in my book. For a player with a decent amount of skill shooting well below negative at flip is pretty easy. Get out play some courses in different parts of the country experience different terrain and you will realize that flip is NOT all that. So be it if my review is deleted its my opinion. How can you honestly call it the best with what 10 or 11 holes at 200 or below? Putting Flip in the same ballpark as BBH is out right crazy. Im sure the 110 reviews besides my own are from 90% MI residents who have either never left MI or never left the midwest. Blueberry has less than 30 reviews lol.

As far as "oh he's only reviewed 2 courses." stuff. I just joined this site and the top 10 are on the home page having played multiple courses in the top 10 including both number 2 and number 1 i was inclined to review them both. I will be adding more info to both reviews when i have the time to sort through my photos.

EPIC FAIL

Im sure the lack of review for BB have nothing to do with these obviously stacked results. 90% of those 5 star rating for flip come from people from michigan. People travel from all over the world to play the courses at Highbridge Hills because.. they are the best in the world. HBH has kept me coming back for more since it has been opened this year marked my first rounds at Flip and i won't be coming back for a long time. But i will be making the trek back to HBH for the 3rd time this year a 12 hour drive for me, and it will be worth every second of driving once i pull up and see that gynormous basket accompanied by the basket mowed into the grass. Once i see these things i will know i have arrived.

Sorry tom its not fake. I've been there done that and probably wont be going back it wouldn't warrant more than an hour drive in my book. For a player with a decent amount of skill shooting well below negative at flip is pretty easy. Get out play some courses in different parts of the country experience different terrain and you will realize that flip is NOT all that. So be it if my review is deleted its my opinion. How can you honestly call it the best with what 10 or 11 holes at 200 or below? Putting Flip in the same ballpark as BBH is out right crazy. Im sure the 110 reviews besides my own are from 90% MI residents who have either never left MI or never left the midwest. Blueberry has less than 30 reviews lol.

As far as "oh he's only reviewed 2 courses." stuff. I just joined this site and the top 10 are on the home page having played multiple courses in the top 10 including both number 2 and number 1 i was inclined to review them both. I will be adding more info to both reviews when i have the time to sort through my photos.

Either:
1.Fake
2. or an incredibly overzealous Highberry fan with no comprehension of what 98% of disc golfers are looking for.

I go with the first.

Shot "reds" then "whites"? There isn't such a thing.

-7? for 24. Now I know I don't believe you. Unfriendly people? Definitely not Flip. It's a private course where the only time you may run into more than four or five people on the course is during leagues or a tourney. Which day did you play? Exact day and time? Hmmm?

All in all, your EPIC FAIL is lame. Completely.

PS ...for "just joining" the site, you sure seem to know a lot about the back history of fake reviews/local reviews/statitics/etc around here.

I smell another rat.

Toms just mad that everytime this happens he has to create more accounts and write more reviews Could not resist TJ. Tom u still have not told us about your HB trip.

Its actually not that difficult to navigate this site, hmm under reviews theres a little graph icon i wonder what this does? Hmm i wonder what happens when i click on one of the reviewers names oh wow it shows there hometown! Whats really amazing to me is that you think 98% of people that play this game are looking for a extremely short course that isnt very wooded and has open holes that don't even offer distance to make up for being open. Now I've been playing this game for close to 20 years played all over the country. You have never been to HBH and you live in wisconsin and drove to Flip you fool. You have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to this topic you can only offer a biased opinion having only played flip. Can you at least admit that flip is really short? Invest the time and take the trip and you will change your mind.

Latest posts