• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BlueBerry Hill vrs Flip City

Toms just mad that everytime this happens he has to create more accounts and write more reviews Could not resist TJ. Tom u still have not told us about your HB trip.

I could never win with a review of Blueberry. So I don't. Obviously it's a 4.0 or higher. Hell, any moron looking at the others reviews would know that. That's why giving a course like Highberry, or Idlewild, or even Flip a 2.5 or a 3.0 makes THIS site look bad. Inconsistency and falseness. It's why Yelp is failing in their review criteria.

Soooo...that being said if I give it a 4.0, or a 4.5, I would just get slammed with "local bias" claims. If I gave it something higher, well, it still wouldn't be honest. So in the end...no review.

Its actually not that difficult to navigate this site, hmm under reviews theres a little graph icon i wonder what this does? Hmm i wonder what happens when i click on one of the reviewers names oh wow it shows there hometown! Whats really amazing to me is that you think 98% of people that play this game are looking for a extremely short course that isnt very wooded and has open holes that don't even offer distance to make up for being open. Now I've been playing this game for close to 20 years played all over the country. You have never been to HBH and you live in wisconsin and drove to Flip you fool. You have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to this topic you can only offer a biased opinion having only played flip. Can you at least admit that flip is really short? Invest the time and take the trip and you will change your mind.

...and in any of your drivel did you answer my questions about your fake review?

Red/White tees? Where were these?
What day of the week did you play? Exact date to be specific? It was a 12 hour trip, so SURELY you remember the date and time.

I await specifics.

I still wanna play and rate flip though I owe to the good people of cinncitucky. 2.5 seems a bit harsh Brett in your eyes is it really just avg. If u could add some more meat to your review it might help us get a grasp of why u rate flip like most of us rate the local avg muni course 2.5 is dead avg so in your mind there r 1850 of 3700 courses better than flip. Hmmmmmmm

How can you honestly call it the best with what 10 or 11 holes at 200 or below?
flip has 5 holes below 200' if you play pro tees. BBH could have up to 6 depending on pin placements. 5 of 24 or 6 of 18 hmmm...

I will be adding more info to both reviews when i have the time to sort through my photos.

just some advice: that is a good way to get a bunch of :thmbdown:

I reported this review to tim.
I've been following this review since early evening(8pm). He began by reviewing it at a 3 disc with very little information in the review. then after a little bit (10pm) he had dropped it to a 2.5 disc after some badgering in this forum. Then at about 2:30am, he dropped it to a 2 disc and added the fact that the people who play regularly play are wrong and he is the most awesome disc golfer ever.

Not only is this fishy that he has been adding information and steadily dropping the rating, but it also seems suspicious that a Lot of his info is misleading and incorrect.
I would highly suggest reporting this review, if you already haven't

Coincidentally, I have heard the same EXACT phrase about:

1. Highberry
2. Idlewild
3. etc etc etc...

and your point? Is there ANY course, ANY that fits everyone's needs? I'll wait for the answer.

Somewhere over the rainbow, Way up high
There's a course that I heard of, Once in a lullaby

Somewhere over the rainbow, Teepads are dry
and the discs that you throw just right, Fly straight and true

Some day I'll stand upon the tee and throw with the crowds far behind me
Where bogeys melt like lemon drops away among the treetops, that's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow, blue discs fly
Discs fly over the rainbow, why, then oh why can't I?
If shiny stable blue discs fly beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

from his latest review:

"-Having only 2 holes >400
-Most holes were between 200-300ft most being at the low end of that totem pole.
-11 of the holes were 200ft or below."

sounds like he played the am tees. no big deal.

"-Tee pads did not have a good enough brush they were rather slick when i played after some rain."

but the am tees don't have tee pads...?

"-Looks pretty in the fall.."

played once, on September 1st, 2010. not quite fall yet.

I could never win with a review of Blueberry. So I don't. Obviously it's a 4.0 or higher. Hell, any moron looking at the others reviews would know that. That's why giving a course like Highberry, or Idlewild, or even Flip a 2.5 or a 3.0 makes THIS site look bad. Inconsistency and falseness. It's why Yelp is failing in their review criteria.

Soooo...that being said if I give it a 4.0, or a 4.5, I would just get slammed with "local bias" claims. If I gave it something higher, well, it still wouldn't be honest. So in the end...no review.

Just play it and review it! It's thoughtful reviews and stated opinion and facts that make reviews meaningful, not the rating. You write good reviews, add to the mix. I myself prefer the thoughtful 4-disc reviews of Winter Park over the plain and generic 5-disc reviews! (Except Dave242's review, especially the title!)

Overnight the douchebag dropped Flip from a 3 to a 2. Once again his intended result of getting Highbridge to #1 didn't work.

EPIC FAIL...AGAIN!

PMed Timg. No reply yet. This is a no brainer deletion of a review, and in my opinion worthy of banning the IP/fake user for so deliberately trying to alter a fairly consistent reviewing system.

I would be this irate if the roles were reversed and applied to someone who gave Highbridge a 3 or a 2, then gave Flip a 5.

The low rating review of Sandy Point should be deleted!!!!

One problem I've had, and I bet others have too, is using the scroll wheel on the mouse. When you've made your choice for the course rating and have that field highlighted, if you try to scroll down the webpage window using the wheel, you'll just scroll through the ratings and wind up on a lower number. I think nohr who rated Sandy Point low may have had this problem and not realized it. Sandy Point is a 3.5 disc course MINIMUM, and ONLY to someone who HATES TREES AND NATURAL BEAUTY!

I looked at it and it doesn't seem fake to me... yet. Misguided? Yes. Completely wrong in the opinion of 99% of disc golfers? Yes. Fake? Not so sure. I'm not really in the business of censoring opinions that don't fall in line with the majority (see redneck machismo, another "great" reviewer). As much as I don't agree with this guy, he is entitled to his opinion.. however wrong it may be.

There are some flags so far that I'm paying attention to as this is either a duplicate account or it is two people living in the same house (brothers). Both accounts have mentioned thinking flip is over rated although only one has done so in a review. Both gave high bridge a glowing review. Neither has voted for the other as "helpful" as of around 6:45AM EST when I last checked.

Location wise, it is very probable that this person has played both courses.

Last edited:
Big Brother is watching.....I tend to think he is real as he answered the posts about himself much like PAfrolfer did earlier in the thread......Tough to stomach that there are over 2200 courses better than flip according to this guy but thats his opinion I suppose.

For a player with a decent amount of skill shooting well below negative at flip is pretty easy.

Then why didn't you post your scores at both these courses?

I looked at it and it doesn't seem fake to me... yet. Misguided? Yes. Completely wrong in the opinion of 99% of disc golfers? Yes. Fake? Not so sure. I'm not really in the business of censoring opinions that don't fall in line with the majority (see redneck machismo, another "great" reviewer). As much as I don't agree with this guy, he is entitled to his opinion.. however wrong it may be.

There are some flags so far that I'm paying attention to as this is either a duplicate account or it is two people living in the same house (brothers). Both accounts have mentioned thinking flip is over rated although only one has done so in a review. Both gave high bridge a glowing review. Neither has voted for the other as "helpful" as of around 6:45AM EST when I last checked.

Location wise, it is very probable that this person has played both courses.

So he has an eight year old son and lives with his brother?

He hasn't played Flip.

Whether it's fake or not, intentional misguided reviews make the reviewing system look bad. No matter the course.

Yelp had this issue during it's beginning and had to implement a filter system for this scenario. Accounts that showed up for only a day or two got filtered. Way out of whack rating got filtered. Mass bad reviews for competitors, then a good review for one got filtered. It's an automated algorithm that is "trying". Here it is such a small community that it now falls upon you to make a stance of credibility or not for a review.

Superberry makes a point about the Sandy Point one, but that one also doesn't have the obvious trademarks of this "misguided" review.

1. a completely out of whack rating based on over 100 previous reviews.
2. pitting it up against another top ten course by rating both extremely different.
3. having no logical knowledge of the course based off of WRONG information, and only information picked from previous reviews of the course.

Once again, this one is a no brainer for deletion, or better yet, confrontation. Hell, give the reviewer a chance to explain why there are two accounts from one IP address. Why the hatred towards one course and glowing praise from another.

This site is at critical point now of credibility over rubbish for the reviewing system.

and once again, just my semi-awake opinion. :)

Last edited:
Well if account #2 doesn't come back after posting his two poor reviews, I'll remove them both. The "other brother" left a decent review of high bridge unlike this guy. The writing style (lack of capitalization, punctuation, etc.) between the two is kind of similar so that is also kind of an alert.

Yelp is a lot bigger than, well.. me :) I don't have any fancy algorithms to move reviews around yet and the ones I'm planning wouldn't really address situations like this anyway.

Maybe this brett guy will come back, explain the 2 accounts from one IP, the disparity between the reviews, etc. At the very least, he can PM me with the info. If not, I'll just remove them both.

Latest posts