• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams Suspended

Given what we know, was the PDGA suspension of Bradley Williams correct?

• Yes, and the amount of time was correct.

Votes: 122 51.5%
  • Yes, but the amount of time was not correct.

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • No, the process was flawed.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, Bradley Williams should not have been suspended at all.

Votes: 16 6.8%

• Total voters
What is funny is how daft you are. Don't make lame comparisons if you don't want them shot down. Since nobody sems to grasp wtf you were trying to get across with your initial comment, help us understand.

How about under the precedent set by ever single sports governing body. As stated above, find me even just one example of a suspension being levied, without the reason for the suspension being cited. So 10's of thousands of suspensions across every major sport, find me one.

...and thank you too.

I'm by no means a BW fan. I just think the prudent thing would be for the governing body that levied the discipline would explain what that discipline is for. As should ALL governing bodies. That's my opinion. Some may not like it, but it is still my opinion.

Maybe we are jumping the gun just a bit and the PDGA (who I actually do have a lot of respect for, seriously) will provide a statement. It would have been better if it was released as the same time as the updated discipline roster.

Bradley's got game he will be alright. His reputation proceeds him. I feel like way too harsh a punishment unless additional details come out.

Bradley's got game he will be alright. His reputation proceeds him. I feel like way too harsh a punishment unless additional details come out.

He's proven to be a full on tool. Not even Nikko has been suspended to put it in more perspective for you...

All I'm saying is if you have a bad rep some people will go out of they're way to get your goat. I'm not saying this is the case in this situation just speculating.

Paul Mcbeth took to Facebook to express his opinion on the situation...

"18 Months...... Please explain to me why?"

Not too happy apparently.

I know my 2 cents don't mean anything but 18 months seems very harsh. I have followed BW at the Hambrick a couple of rounds and he seems nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe he can appeal.

I know my 2 cents don't mean anything but 18 months seems very harsh. I have followed BW at the Hambrick a couple of rounds and he seems nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe he can appeal.

Yeah you and allot of people seem to have missed the fact he was suspended previously and on probation following said suspension. THEN he AGAIN for at least the third time pulled some more bull****... Good riddance...

You can say "that is none of your business" about every single thread in this forum, yet here you are, spending endless hours gossiping on a disc golf forum, peanut. Why are you in this thread if it is none of YOUR business? Provide me ONE example of an athlete being suspended, and the reason for their suspension not being cited. Go ahead, find me ONE.

Regardless of who's business is, it is required that the governing body explain what the suspension is for. Otherwise they can just play judge, jury, and executioner, suspending anyone for any reason. Which I am guessing is what happened here. They don't like Bradley, so they took this opportunity to let him have it.

Now, how about the length of the suspension?! 18 months? Has there ever been a longer suspension in any other sport? Of all the heinous things done that resulted in suspension, never have I heard of one this long. And for what? PDGA is such a joke.

Brutal. I love it.

You can say "that is none of your business" about every single thread in this forum, yet here you are, spending endless hours gossiping on a disc golf forum, peanut. Why are you in this thread if it is none of YOUR business? Provide me ONE example of an athlete being suspended, and the reason for their suspension not being cited. Go ahead, find me ONE.

Regardless of who's business is, it is required that the governing body explain what the suspension is for. Otherwise they can just play judge, jury, and executioner, suspending anyone for any reason. Which I am guessing is what happened here. They don't like Bradley, so they took this opportunity to let him have it.

Now, how about the length of the suspension?! 18 months? Has there ever been a longer suspension in any other sport? Of all the heinous things done that resulted in suspension, never have I heard of one this long. And for what? PDGA is such a joke.

TL;DR...

1aa0m7.jpg

It's kinda sorta like the guy who got 25-life for stealing a slice of pizza. Theft of a single slice didn't deserve that punishment, but with California's 3 strikes law, the judge had no choice.

No, that is not an apples to apples comparison. However, when you're on probation you have to be careful with your actions.

What is funny is how daft you are. Don't make lame comparisons if you don't want them shot down. Since nobody sems to grasp wtf you were trying to get across with your initial comment, help us understand.

How about under the precedent set by ever single sports governing body. As stated above, find me even just one example of a suspension being levied, without the reason for the suspension being cited. So 10's of thousands of suspensions across every major sport, find me one.

A couple of things:

- I didn't make a comparison. I asked a nonsensical rhetorical question ("should the PDGA membership decide his punishment?") and thought it was amusing that two people thought I was being serious. Lighten up, Francis.

- Just to provide a specific example, Florida St. QB Malik Henry was recently suspended indefinitely for "a violation of team rules". Technically, I guess they gave a reason, but it was no more specific then saying Bradley was suspended for "a violation of PDGA rules". Would that explanation satisfy you? Somehow I doubt it.
It's really not at all unusual for something as nebulous as "a violation of team rules" to be provided as the reason for suspensions across a number of sports. It's also not unusual for some version of "the real story" to leak out via any number of reliable and less than reliable sources, and I'm fairly certain the same thing will happen here. Then you will be free to rail endlessly about how unfair the PDGA is or whatever less than helpful commentary you choose.

Bottom line - you weren't there and you don't have any idea what circumstances were involved that led to the specific punishment. Neither do I, but at least I have enough sense to leave it to people who do...

Provide me ONE example of an athlete being suspended, and the reason for their suspension not being cited. Go ahead, find me ONE.

Has there ever been a longer suspension in any other sport? Of all the heinous things done that resulted in suspension, never have I heard of one this long. .

1. Colleges do it all the time. "Violation of team rules" is all we hear. Sometimes, not even that.

2. Pete Rose.

And you'll say, That's apples vs. oranges.

And of course it is---every other-sport comparison is imperfect.

A couple of things:

- I didn't make a comparison. I asked a nonsensical rhetorical question ("should the PDGA membership decide his punishment?") and thought it was amusing that two people thought I was being serious. Lighten up, Francis.

- Just to provide a specific example, Florida St. QB Malik Henry was recently suspended indefinitely for "a violation of team rules". Technically, I guess they gave a reason, but it was no more specific then saying Bradley was suspended for "a violation of PDGA rules". Would that explanation satisfy you? Somehow I doubt it.
It's really not at all unusual for something as nebulous as "a violation of team rules" to be provided as the reason for suspensions across a number of sports. It's also not unusual for some version of "the real story" to leak out via any number of reliable and less than reliable sources, and I'm fairly certain the same thing will happen here. Then you will be free to rail endlessly about how unfair the PDGA is or whatever less than helpful commentary you choose.

Bottom line - you weren't there and you don't have any idea what circumstances were involved that led to the specific punishment. Neither do I, but at least I have enough sense to leave it to people who do...

You jumped me on the violation of team rules. I gotta working on my typing speed.

As for the bolded part, I agree. It's not as if the PDGA has been on a disciplinary crusade, suspending pros left & right.

Will they tell us more? Who knows? It's still a fairly new story.