• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brainwave-Like Disc Dyeing

Hope these come out. Tried different rit to liquid and also tried that hair dye method lavon_andy was having success with. Just trying for one color until i can get it to show properly. Until then free laughs for everyone :)

Can't upload more than one pic at a time from my phone. When I get home ill upload from computer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
is that ESP or Z?

just let it sit for 2-3 days (the hardest part IMO) and it should set up nicely

it needs lots of time to sit though

is that ESP or Z?

just let it sit for 2-3 days (the hardest part IMO) and it should set up nicely

it needs lots of time to sit though

That's a star Vulcan , I've also got a champ stafford , pro beast , r pro rhyno, and gl flow sitting as well. I was impatient with the Vulcan and so ill need to start over lol.

Posted a pic of the flow. Will post the rest tomorrow lol.

God I hate waiting!!! Lol

Thanks for the tip kind sir

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 182
Anybody have any tips on how we can NOT get the "background haze" around the bwaves? You know, just the "veins" themselves?

I have no idea about that...

I do wonder what would happen if you combine the spin painting idea.... have the flat plate area on the fan with the dye.... then pull the brainwave disc out while the bottom plate was spinning on low. Just curious.

Last edited:
Spinning bwaves.. agghhh!!! My head hurts just thinking about them.....

Calling on Dan..... or any other spinners. Can somebody try this? Slightly spiraled bwaves would be my guess. Sorry... can't really get away with the spinning style in my apartment. Just yells for a no deposit return.

I put too much pressure on my uplift for any kind of spin to work for me.

As for getting rid of the haze... I guess you could hand wipe off parts, but other then that with the method I use I'm not sure there's a solution.

I thought about putting dye down, then tide, then using pressure to disperse the tide but it really wouldn't work that way since anything that moves the carrier would move the dye as well.

On that flow around the edge of the rim. I rolled it to get the waves on the edge of the disc. Perhaps if you rolled from outside and worked in? Ill try when I get home though I know I'm on the poop end of this particular type of dying. Well actually all types lol so my info may not be helpful at all lol

Well here's what I got, it's not to easy to rotate and I went outside to inside. Next batch ill try inside to outside. Got a decent rotation pattern out of everything even the rhyno. Hope they come out nice

ESP memorial nuke
Star yellow f2xout roadrunner
Star farting lemon katana
Star roadrunner
Star rhyno ( wanted to see if I could get any decent waives on the thumbtrac area)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 208
Whenever I get the right colors to come out, I am going to eventually try to do a jellyfish dye with the bright colors.... and then dark colored brainwave background.

jellyfish.gif

Latest posts