• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bringing Discs on the plane?

My Innova Deluxe Bag with Phenix Quad shock straps was my carry on. I took 10 discs, a mini, towels, etc... all the way from Nashville TN to Queenstown NZ last year. You will still have plenty of room for toothbrushes, spare shirts, and all your carry on gadgets. I highly recommend taking a bag of jolly ranchers too. They are the most delicious way to make sure your ears properly adjust during flight.

I did get a few questions leaving the US, but no one anywhere else even asked me what it was I had on my back. I left plenty of room in my bag, and brought home several souvineer discs I bought for myself and close friends. Take your bag with you. You carry it all the time anyway, and you'll be glad you did. Who cares what some randoms in an airport think anyway? You'll probably never see those people again anyway.

I have had a regular carry-on suitcase and my fade tourney bag (before my grip) as my "personal item." No problems at all. I would leave the bag unzipped so they can see what is inside. Mine was closed and one TSA guy thought I had a bad of plates. Remember to clean out all the items that are not allowed on flights...i.e. leatherman tool, nail clippers, pocket knife, etc.

Just a little off subject. To help with your ears popping, there is some ear plugs you can get at the Pharmacy, called "Ear Planes". The regulate the air pressure in your ears, and keep your ears from painfully popping. They are great for your young children, and keeps the comfortable also. Cost about $6.

Spent a week in Vegas on a work trip. I packed up 4 discs and stuck em in the front of my checked bag. My advice is just buy some cheap plastic to stuff in the bag and leave your fave discs at home. I would have been fine losing the base plastic, and really didn't want to have to spend time worrying about what homeland security would think of my discs.

I don't bother with a bag when I travel - just chuck a few discs in your suitcase and you're good to go. If you're travaling on bizniss you may not have that much time to go discin anyway.

i have quads+karma that im thinking of using as my carry-on/suitcase. of course i wont carry my full arsenal, but if i keep the discs on one side on the divider and roll my clothes on the other i should have plenty of room. plus the organized side pockets are nice for my ipod, camera, toiletries, etc.

we'll see how it works when i go to florida next month.

Just throw the discs in your handbag. Worst comes to worst you could throw them in a plastic bag and just carry them on board. No one will say anything.

I just bought a small golf bag that folds flat. I pack about 8 discs and that bag in my luggage for my business trips. I check in 2 bags and carry on my laptop.

You should be able to carry your bag as your 'personal item' along with your suitcase.

Yes, this, unless it's say, a Simian or something equally huge.

I took a Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey as my "personal item" to California last near with no problems. The only incident came as I was ready to fly back home, and put the bag through the scanner. The guy grabbed it, opened it up and exclaimed surprisedly "Frisbees?!?! Oh..." :)

He actually sounded a bit disappointed. :\

Im heading to cali in june and plan on bringing my discs. Im allready bringing my carry on, which is my main suitcase since im only spending 4 days out there. MY bag will not fit in the small suitcase, and dont want to spend the extra money to bring a bigger suitcase. Has any one brought their bag including a carry-on onto the plane? Im flying virgin airlines.

i just got back from a trip, heres the deal. you can carry on one suitcase and also a backpack. Pack what you need in the DG bag and stow away the main bag.

Yes, this, unless it's say, a Simian or something equally huge.

I took a Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey as my "personal item" to California last near with no problems. The only incident came as I was ready to fly back home, and put the bag through the scanner. The guy grabbed it, opened it up and exclaimed surprisedly "Frisbees?!?! Oh..." :)

He actually sounded a bit disappointed. :\

every time i travel someone looks in my discs and goes oh. Like what did you think you were gonna find?

I have flown several times from LAX, Atlanta, and Charlotte with a Revolution dual pack stuffed with discs and have never been questioned about it. I got more hassle over my laptop... which I also carried on.

I have no desire to let my discs go under the plane. Always carry them on.
DSCJNKY

I used Innova's small starter bag, because it can be considered "personel items" (purse, camera bag etc..). That way I was able to have a carry on and bring my discs. Not all, but close enough.

Is this anything like the movie snakes on a plain?

Im heading to cali in june and plan on bringing my discs. Im allready bringing my carry on, which is my main suitcase since im only spending 4 days out there. MY bag will not fit in the small suitcase, and dont want to spend the extra money to bring a bigger suitcase. Has any one brought their bag including a carry-on onto the plane? Im flying virgin airlines.

I have flown before and was able to bring my bag on the plane with no problems. Just make sure you don't have any lighters or pocket knives in it.

You should be able to carry your bag as your 'personal item' along with your suitcase.

:thmbup: I would check with the airline first before you get to the airport.

My buddy used to live in Arizona and when he came back to visit he brought his bag and discs as his carry on. He said the TSA guy unzipped the ball and was like "the hell is this? Dinner plates?"

I went out to cali this spring break. Brought on my carry on bag and my disc golf bag was my personal bag. You should be fine