• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

=So, absent a statement one way or the other, the mere fact that they are feeling ill doesn't tell us much about their vaccination status.

good summation of what I was trying to get at. I would think that if he and his wife are vaccinated, he would simply respond "yes" to at least one of the people asking in the replies of that tweet. but that is just speculation

good summation of what I was trying to get at. I would think that if he and his wife are vaccinated, he would simply respond "yes" to at least one of the people asking in the replies of that tweet. but that is just speculation

Or at least have the courtesy to answer with a no, spinning his version of flat earth politics, supporting the decision to do so, as a touring professional athlete. I mean, if you are going to travel about the country, why waste the opportunity to spread COVID, to as many people as you can.

I think he owes his throngs of social media fans an answer either way.....it's what a good maven does.

Oops.....did I say that out loud? :eek:

Pretty funny how nobody wants to come in and drop Brodie's recent puke tweet but immediately wants to talk about his next feature card get. Brodie fans are insufferable, just like him.

Having just googled "Brodie Smith Twitter", it could be any of about a dozen recent tweets. Dude seems to get his rocks off by being antagonizing.

If he wanted to have actual conversations about the topics he is raising, he probably could, but that doesn't seem to be his goal. Seems to basically posts hot takes about specific discs being mentioned on coverage, or how bad live coverage commentary is, etc. Then he spends his time singling out and chirping at people who chirp at him.

The proverbial "dish it, can't take it" guy. Gets huffy when people post hot takes about his hot takes.

Pretty funny how nobody wants to come in and drop Brodie's recent puke tweet but immediately wants to talk about his next feature card get. Brodie fans are insufferable, just like him.
I just loaded his twitter. ... Which one? Lots of posts you could be referencing... the guy enjoys engaging the trolls/playing the troll a bit himself.

I just loaded his twitter. ... Which one? Lots of posts you could be referencing... the guy enjoys engaging the trolls/playing the troll a bit himself.

Yup. Brodie and Foundation has a decidedly crusty negative tone much of the time. Their podcast content is almost always about what's wrong with the world lately. Feel like they are about to sell me a 5 gallon bucket of dehydrated food for my bunker. Brodie fluctuates between troll and shill pretty good so I guess that demonstrates the depth he can bring them. Maybe he will get a $40 Brodie C-19 Buzz printed up and apparently people will just buy any standard issue disc with a different foil stamp for a premium so they'd likely sell out too. So say what I will, there's apparently a market for this type of stuff...

I was interested in seeing how Brodie would do jumping into touring golf, but now it's just bored and worn out. He's moved up 9 points this year, and while that's decent when you're 1000 rated, I don't think there's going to be any major jumps and he'll likely level out at 1015-1018 tops.

I was interested in seeing how Brodie would do jumping into touring golf, but now it's just bored and worn out. He's moved up 9 points this year, and while that's decent when you're 1000 rated, I don't think there's going to be any major jumps and he'll likely level out at 1015-1018 tops.

I'm actually more interested than before.

He has found a lot of distance this year and he's averaged (not weighted) 1018 this season and about 1022 over the last 3 months.

There was a point where I thought he would top out around 1018, but now I think he can be a 1030+ player.

...and I don't look at his social media or watch his vids or listen to his interviews, so he doesn't annoy me.:D

I'm continuing to use Patrick Brown as my baseline. Brown got to the 1020s despite starting as a disc golfer in his mid-30s and without Brodie's extensive ulti background. Given what he's done so far - I see no reason for Brodie to not achieve the 1030s at least, given he remains focused on the task.

That said, at the moment, he's at a place where I don't really care about much except for the commotion he brings which serves as a little side storyline to the parts of disc golf that I actually care about (disc golf itself). I think he will get to where I'll care again by virtue of being impossible to ignore by showing up on lead card coverage and competing if not for victories at the highest level - at least making it feel like he has a chance at some.

I'm continuing to use Patrick Brown as my baseline. Brown got to the 1020s despite starting as a disc golfer in his mid-30s and without Brodie's extensive ulti background. Given what he's done so far - I see no reason for Brodie to not achieve the 1030s at least, given he remains focused on the task.

Well it's not like Patrick Brown was some regular Joe off the couch who picked up disc golf as a hobby. He was a competitive (and IIRC near pro level?) skateboarder prior to disc golf and he's Brodie sized in terms of physicality, I'm guessing 6'4-ish, at least 200 and muscled up. He threw 500+ at age 50, he's no slouch.

Last edited:
Well it's not like Patrick Brown was some regular Joe off the couch who picked up disc golf as a hobby. He was a competitive (and IIRC near pro level?) skateboarder prior to disc golf and he's Brodie sized in terms of physicality, I'm guessing 6'4-ish, at least 200 and muscled up. He threw 500+ at age 50, he's no slouch.
Oh for sure, definitely a good/great athletic background! That kinda fits with what I mean as a baseline for a guy like Brodie. Pat Brown may have a great athletic background, but so does Brodie, and Brodie is one of the greatest ultimate players of his generation. I see no reason why Brodie can't exceed him considering that last piece.

Joe Schmoe off the couch isn't doing what Brown did coming to the sport in his mid-30s. Even with tons of work.

Oh for sure, definitely a good/great athletic background! That kinda fits with what I mean as a baseline for a guy like Brodie. Pat Brown may have a great athletic background, but so does Brodie, and Brodie is one of the greatest ultimate players of his generation. I see no reason why Brodie can't exceed him considering that last piece.

Joe Schmoe off the couch isn't doing what Brown did coming to the sport in his mid-30s. Even with tons of work.
Pat Brown is so smooth and rhythmic, Brodie is much stiffer and staccato.

But what did Brown look like in 2006-2007? Brown has been refining his game for over 15 years now.
IDK, 2011 is the oldest I can find and he smooth AF. I think he gets it naturally from his skating background. I can see Pat being a great dancer, but not Brodie.

Kind of hard to compare the two in their start in the sport, I doubt Pat had nearly as much experience throwing frisbees or a 5x World Champ tutoring him from the start and going into disc golf as full time job.

IDK, 2011 is the oldest I can find and he smooth AF. I think he gets it naturally from his skating background. I can see Pat being a great dancer, but not Brodie.

Kind of hard to compare the two in their start in the sport, I doubt Pat had nearly as much experience throwing frisbees or a 5x World Champ tutoring him from the start and going into disc golf as full time job.
Yeah, I can see that (the footwork thing) but 2011 is also about 7 years in for Pat.