• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brown Deer Park Closed - Milwaukee

Pulling the course also sends a message that theft of the equipment can't be tolerated. If you just replaced the basket no questions asked, what stops the next person from deciding that they would like one for their back yard as well? How many will you lose if there seems to be no consequence beyond personal benefit for the type of people whose conscious wouldn't bother them?

How often would the county or club be willing to replace stolen baskets before finally deciding it's no longer worth it and permanently pull the course? Unfortunately, we need to police our own so to speak, and pulling the course sends a message to all throwers that we need to care for and watch over the course. This includes trying to convince those doing damage to stop, and report those who we are not able to convince to the proper authorities.

1) it wasnt lucky the lastbasket was returned . . . it put pressure ont he people who stole it because now they didnt have anywhere to play. It also put pressure on the friends of the person who stole it because they didnt have anywhere to play. MY only concern is this is a different type of theft since generally speaking only avid disc golfers go to brown deer, the punks who stolle VV are just chuckers who thought they could gt away with it only to have a new basket put in place. That is why brown deer was pulled, hoping it will put pressure on the thiefs to return it so they can get the best milwaukee county course back!

yes it was lucky. not always will there be people who know who took it to put that pressure. if someone did it solo and said nothing theres no pressure to be had. i dont think pulling brown deer is gonna do jack squat, there are too many courses localized there for it to affect anyone drastically.
just raise the money to get a new basket for the park. theyll be pleased that the local DG community cares that much and will work with you even more than they do now. but it sounds like alot work for cheeseheads so im sure it wont even be attempted.
ive seen plenty of chuckers at brown deer. not all chuckers are unskilled. (remember chuckers doesnt stand for unskilled newb, replace the CH with a F and thats what it truly means)

2) <$500 deductible . . . I don't think so

Oh NO!!!!! another basket got stolen, now its over $500 :hfive: ;)

On making it to PTP
brown deer would be very easy to make a PTP. there are limited entrances to the park as a whole. put in a kiosk at the couple of entrances and charge everyone. very similar to the way Bryant Lake is in MN. im sure some drunk cheese fart could handle that.

and if they really wanted to send a message they shouldnt pull the course. just leave the basket gone. if the locals are going to ruin the course then they can play it the way they left it. my home course spent an entire year without the chain assembly on top cause someone stole it. we had to beg them to put a new one on.

Last edited:
On making it to PTP
brown deer would be very easy to make a PTP. there are limited entrances to the park as a whole. put in a kiosk at the couple of entrances and charge everyone. very similar to the way Bryant Lake is in MN. im sure some drunk cheese fart could handle that.

and if they really wanted to send a message they shouldnt pull the course. just leave the basket gone. if the locals are going to ruin the course then they can play it the way they left it. my home course spent an entire year without the chain assembly on top cause someone stole it. we had to beg them to put a new one on.

There are 4 entrances to the park that I know of, and disc golfers make up a small fraction of the traffic in this park during the summer. p2p is not the answer here, it is not practical, and we all know how well an honor system would work.

If you can beg to get a basket fixed, why don't you beg to have them put in some decent courses so you don't have to drive to Milwaukee to play disc golf with a condescending attitude towards the locals?

There are 4 entrances to the park that I know of, and disc golfers make up a small fraction of the traffic in this park during the summer. p2p is not the answer here, it is not practical, and we all know how well an honor system would work.

If you can beg to get a basket fixed, why don't you beg to have them put in some decent courses so you don't have to drive to Milwaukee to play disc golf with a condescending attitude towards the locals?

Where is the like button? . . . or as our Wisconsin Facebook page has the "Cheese" button.

yes it was lucky. not always will there be people who know who took it to put that pressure. if someone did it solo and said nothing theres no pressure to be had. i dont think pulling brown deer is gonna do jack squat, there are too many courses localized there for it to affect anyone drastically.
just raise the money to get a new basket for the park. theyll be pleased that the local DG community cares that much and will work with you even more than they do now. but it sounds like alot work for cheeseheads so im sure it wont even be attempted.
ive seen plenty of chuckers at brown deer. not all chuckers are unskilled. (remember chuckers doesnt stand for unskilled newb, replace the CH with a F and thats what it truly means)

Oh NO!!!!! another basket got stolen, now its over $500 :hfive: ;)

On making it to PTP

If you knew the crowd at VV you would understand it was most definitely due to us pulling the course . . .I stand by my statement "it was not lucky". However if you look closely I have said I doubt that pulling BD will do any good . . . why because it is a different crowd of people, the kind of people that play all over . . . not just one course after school, on the weekend so they can get high, during lunchtime instead of school, like happens at VV. I support their decision to pull the course unfortunately I dont think it will accomplish anything.

Or you can just keep making Wisconsin jokes and ripping on the decisions that us "Wisconsinites" have to make.

The only thing leaving a course missing 1 basket will do is say "we don't care that you took our basket, we are going to do nothing" meanwhile pulling the whole course says "we don't mind taking a few hours and sacrificing our best course near Milwaukee". Take it however you want, we don't care about your ignorant thoughts, they belong in IL!

Or you can just keep making Wisconsin jokes and ripping on the decisions that us "Wisconsinites" have to make.

Yeah, don't go too hard on the fibs, i mean i guess i can sympathize because the most important decision a disc golfer in the NW suburbs can wrestle with is whether to drive to Rockford to play a decent course, Joliet to play a decent course, or Wisconsin to play a decent course. Having a ton of people in the NW burb dg scene doesn't compensate for an embarassing lack of quality courses.

LMAO
you guys are funny, i always enjoy the F.I.B.-W.I.S.C.O. banter.

The only thing leaving a course missing 1 basket will do is say "we don't care that you took our basket, we are going to do nothing" meanwhile pulling the whole course says "we don't mind taking a few hours and sacrificing our best course near Milwaukee". Take it however you want, we don't care about your ignorant thoughts, they belong in IL!

Mike, you are not a deviant in any way. i wouldnt expect you to understand how those types think. you sir are the ignorant one on that. it would be more interpreted as a 'F U now the course is gonna suck.' more people will play it and realize that the basket is gone. so thats more awareness that it is gone and maybe someone would make a connection. pulling it wont create resentment since theres other courses. now if they pulled all the courses that would send a message. you guys obviously have a problem up there so it would be a good move on their part to pull all them. since none of you pay to use them (outside of taxes) they have no loyalty to the community. pull the courses and say that if the basket isnt returned or replaced by next spring the parks are all done for good.

every1 pays to enter based on the activity they will be playing. the whole park becomes p2p. another way to think about it is as a parking fee. strange that a course that good would have such minimal traffic. kinda says something about your avg discer up there. at least here in of the good courses close to us is packed. maybe you dont deserve to have BD....???

wow. youve played 7 courses in IL you really now what your talking about :rolleyes:. and ive played almost as many WI courses as you have. your opinion is worthless. and at one piont in time there was a higher concentration of good courses in the NE IL than SE WI. it wasnt until worlds that you guys really caught up. when i lived in milwaukee we had the choice of dretzka, VV, parkside (original), and tendick that were within a half hour drive.

The thing i find most interesting is that i actually purposed a good way for you guys to replace the basket and show the PD that you care. but instead you focus on a poke of a joke. why are all W.I.S.C.O.'s so instantly defensive? you guys are blinded by it. :wall:

anyway i hope BD goes back in. i have yet to beat that course.

"W.I.S.C.O."? That's a new one for me--what's that stand for? Nothing good I suppose, but hey, if Wis and Ill people can't stop hating on each other for no good reason, we may as well have a chuckle about it.

"W.I.S.C.O."? That's a new one for me--what's that stand for? Nothing good I suppose, but hey, if Wis and Ill people can't stop hating on each other for no good reason, we may as well have a chuckle about it.

im not hating just having fun. remember FIBs are dickheads ;). trust me i have nothing against any one in WI. you guys up there are some of the most fun people to play DG with out of anywhere ive been.

WISCO is only for FIBs to know. i had to figure out FIB (not that it was hard or inventive) so you guys can figure out WISCO :p

Just received word . . . the basket was just returned this evening . . . yeah you are probably right it was total luck AGAIN. Why would we ever try that again . . . oh yeah because it worked the last two times it was done.

Wow, can't believe that happened twice now. Great to hear, hopefully it's up soon so I can play Brown Deer!

Great that it worked again. I just hope that if someone doesn't like a course, they just don't steal a basket and laugh when the course (or courses) gets pulled. That is just my biggest fear; that some person can manipulate the disc golf community by one single action.

I just hope every time a basket gets stolen that it is stolen by someone who cares about disc golf to return it when the course gets pulled. I don't want baskets stolen, but if it were to happen again, I would wish this would be the case.

praise be to jah, but seriously this is awesome that the basket has been returned, has anyone heard if the course will be opened again ???

sorry about this whole mix up. I brought it back once I realized it wasn't a new design style removable vertical grilling device.

sorry about this whole mix up. I brought it back once I realized it wasn't a new design style removable vertical grilling device.

Tom those are available at Dineen!

course is open again - put it in personally with the course pro

Good to see, but I'm still pissed off. What's up with all the vandals in the area stealing baskets? Is it the same mob of blacks who raided the state fair, mayfair, and that gas station? Trying to destroy the one thing white people have left?

Lol, I'm just messin' around, but seriously, if I go to state fair I'll be strapped with a gat.