• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Building the Wishlist

superberry

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I am a traveler. My work takes me to various cities around the US, and I like to take roadtrips as family vacations. I'm always looking for those extremely unique and excellent courses (using the Course Browser) off the beaten path near the cities I am visiting. Help me build my wishlist, let me know of these 4.5+ rated courses that aren't necessarily the most popular (i.e. they are a 4.5+ in your mind, but it's not refelcted on this site).

I'll help you build your wishlist. If you are in eastern Wisconsin, the drive to play Winter Park is definitely worth your while! Even at 2hrs from Milwaukee, but definitely better than anything 1hr from Green Bay/Appleton. Wishlist my course so I can continue to show the County the amount of interest and help drive the need for improvements and expansion!

Winter Park - Kewaunee WI

According to the greatly dissenting opinions, I may be going out on a limb here, but Leigh Farms in Durham NC is worth a trip if anywhere near Raleigh! It is entirely unique, challenging, and punishing. While you're at it, go play UNC Chapel Hill for a great bunch of variety and balance along with beauty of a former bolf course manicuring.

Camdens in Milan, IL.

(winter park isn't in my wishlist, it's in my favorites. :thmbup:)

I was gonna chime in and say Sugaree and the IDGC, but I see that you've already got those wishlisted. Both destinations are at least a little off the beaten track, and both are more than worthy of anyone's wishlist.

I need a trip to Sugaree, soon.

Hey man, I can't really help you with your wishlist as I've only played a few courses around southeastern wisconsin..my home course is tendick and I see you've already tossed it. I seen Winter Park in the list and I was intrigued..It's quite the hike from down here but I am going to play it eventually. I can imagine it being a pretty nice course up there, and especially a 27 holer..i'm down.

According to the greatly dissenting opinions, I may be going out on a limb here, but Leigh Farms in Durham NC is worth a trip if anywhere near Raleigh! It is entirely unique, challenging, and punishing. While you're at it, go play UNC Chapel Hill for a great bunch of variety and balance along with beauty of a former bolf course manicuring.

this is a differing opinion

you're already 2 miles or so from a great varied course in UNC, don't waste your time at leigh farm

there are so many courses around there that are less of a headache than leigh farm

Since you already have Zephyr Cove and Tahoe Vista on your list, you should go ahead and add the other Tahoe courses: Bijou, Turtle Rock, Kirkwood and Squaw Valley. I haven't played Sierra College yet, but that may go on there as well.

Blur ribbon is also a must I play it 20 times a year im only 45 min away. Not really off the beaten path but one of the best course's out there.

Saw that you played axel already What did you think?