• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can you spot whats wrong with this picture...

maybe he didn't throw it. was a good luck charm, or what he used as a marker.
No good.
802.01 Discs Used in Play: ... E. A player who carries an illegal disc during play shall receive two penalty throws, without a warning, if observed by two or more players of the group or an official....

802.02 Mini Marker Discs: ... Mini marker discs must have a diameter of between 7 and 15 centimeters and a height not exceeding 3 centimeters.

maybe discraft needs to have the ace race disc approved BEFORE sending it out...rather then having a rogue disc on the scene for 3 months that everyone is trying out...apart from the odd prototype or illegal disc, the only time this ever comes up is with ace race discs!

I don't know about that. Part of the fun of the Ace Race is that nobody really knows much about the disc. If they submitted it for pre-approval, people would get to know the details before the first Ace Race, wouldn't they?

That said, the disc golf world is so small that I can't imagine the PDGA and Discraft couldn't work together to announce the approval status of the disc the same day as the first Ace Race.

That said, the disc golf world is so small that I can't imagine the PDGA and Discraft couldn't work together to announce the approval status of the disc the same day as the first Ace Race.

The PDGA would prefer that. But Discraft prefers to do their "test marketing" of each potentially new disc by running Ace Races before deciding to submit it for PDGA Approval. So far, all Ace Race discs have eventually been submitted and been PDGA Approved after the Ace Race season was over.

Last edited:
He isn't bringing me a Bloom'n Onion?

I witnessed someone using one at the Coyote Classic. I didn't say anything because the player was on a different card. Are you allowed to call something like that if they are not on your card?

189744_10151139989592843_1772049654_n.jpg

318985_10151140013577843_2017855606_n.jpg

Do I pass the clothing test, lol, normally I jersey it, but had to represent my club (and I did design and order the shirts so I HAD to wear them!).

Nate your attire looks fine, but you're throwing with the wrong hand it would seem.

So when was the Ace Race disc approved & when was this tourney? Can you use Actual Ace Race discs after they have been approved or do you need to buy a stock run?

edit: shirt looks cool

Tourney was on the 2nd, disc got approved on the 14th.....
The actual disc can be used, AFTER it has been PDGA approved. I whipped mine out at a bag tag league toss I run, got casually called out before I threw it, and promptly returned it to my grip bag....

....I'm bringing it to leagues this morning, knowing its approved w/a ridiculous name.

Nate your attire looks fine, but you're throwing with the wrong hand it would seem.

Right and Left are on opposite sides in Australia, aren't they?

Nice to hear of DG growing down under. Just sent some DVDs off to Tazmania the other day.

yes, why would what card you are on matter at all?

Still learning tourney play. It was my second tournament, didn't want to overtstep my boundaries since I wasn't 100% sure on the ruling.

Call it intimidation but in my first tourney, an older player(A) laughed at a guy(B) from another card when said player(B) tried to call an infraction on the him(A). The scenario was actually quite amusing but it did make me think about this situation at the Coyote Classic.