• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Celebrity Disc Golf

Former WWE wrestler Charles Wright, aka the Godfather, among other characters he played, is a DGer. I read a "where are they now" article, and he mentioned that he took up DG living in Vegas. He casually mentioned how he throws 450. He'd make for an interesting playing partner.

M.B.D.

I think Dmitri Martin from comedy central plays. The show was on yesterday and they had a skit about dudes arguing with their girlfriends in beautiful places over the cell phone. One of shots showed a disc golf basket about 15 ft in the background. Completely unmistakable.

I hate when guys argue with their girlfriends over the cell phone at the course.

I played a round with former Surgeon General C. Everett Coop back in the day.

qqbbpy.jpg

i'm guessing jeff bridges played. we need someone to ask him while hes out promoting tron2...

Anybody know of any celebrities that actually disc golf? Not the Conan O'Brien clip from a few years back, I mean really play at least occasionally.

paul walker from fast n furious has played my local course a bunch of times. i also showed the a kid from glee around my home course he said he plays every chance he gets and he was pretty damn good too

Masters champion Bubba Watson is a PDGA member.

Matthew Perry has been known to show up at courses around L.A. and rub elbows with some of disc golf's elite:
t_04.jpg

I spotted Huey Lewis out at Blue Mountain back home in Missoula, MT a few years back (he lives close) but he was throwing around a big ol' Wham-O type Frisbee, so I can neither confirm nor deny he does it on the regular. He works a lot with the Special Olympics and I know a lot of the Special Olympians in my hometown play (and are really good, I might add) so maybe that had something to do with it, I dunno.

NFL QB David Garrard plays disc golf, so does NBA player Kyle Singler.

The most accomplished celebrity is clearly Ben Askren. Dude was an Olympian and was the Big 12 Athelte of the year (all sports) after winning back to back national championships.

http://www.discraft.com/team_askren.html

I wrote an article in Disc Golfer magazine last year about him. Really great guy.

Latest posts