• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

I would like to see a quality filmed round on a decent course with the following players:

Ian Anderson
Paavo Stubstad
Terry Miller
Jamie Thomas

Need to fly JR over from Finland, if he is still playing.

Round 4 part 1 is rendering again. So what happened for anyone curious. We render a really crappy version to do commentary over. When I rendered the good version for you guys I forgot to jack the bit rate back up. Whoops. Next day vids. They're hard to get perfect. Anyway. I'll post the new version tomorrow.

I made good progress on round 6 part 1 tonight. Got all the main cam done. Just need to add 2nd cam, scores, and commentary.

Wcdgc round 3 should be this week too.

Do you still plan to cover local/Cali events? or are you now focusing on the big events (majors & NTs)

Do you still plan to cover local/Cali events? or are you now focusing on the big events (majors & NTs)

I'll still cover Cali events when I can. Thinking about going to the Coyote Classic and Sharktooth Open later this year. Majors and NT's will get editing priority though. My backlog is huge...

Alex is also filming ORDGC in a month or so.

Just a point of clarification that maybe I am confused on. I often here in your videos hyzer and hyzer flip for shots that I don't think that is the case. Maybe I have defined them wrong? Just because a shot finishes left doesn't mean they were throwing a hyzer (unless maybe I am just way off here) and just because the disc turns over doesn't mean it is a hyzer flip.

Anyone else notice this or want to correct my understanding?

Last - great videos...just my own nitpicky comment.

Just a point of clarification that maybe I am confused on. I often here in your videos hyzer and hyzer flip for shots that I don't think that is the case. Maybe I have defined them wrong? Just because a shot finishes left doesn't mean they were throwing a hyzer (unless maybe I am just way off here) and just because the disc turns over doesn't mean it is a hyzer flip.

Anyone else notice this or want to correct my understanding?

Last - great videos...just my own nitpicky comment.

I'm not perfect, and probably miscall shots from time to time. Sorry!

From my understanding though: Hyzer equals outside wing down on release. I'll sometime say it hyzers out, which is different. (I don't think I say that one much though)

Hyzer flip for me equals thrown on a hyzer, and flips up to some degree. Whether that be to a lesser hyzer angle, flat, or all the way over to an anhyzer angle.

Am I wrong?

>just because the disc turns over doesn't mean it is a hyzer flip.

Agreed, if it was thrown flat that's not a hyzer flip. I would call that a turnover. Right?

A couple of my favorite people (/s) on youtube have been busting my balls recently about saying anny flex, instead of just flex. I figured there was a hyzerflip to anny flex too, so just flex was lacking description, but was told I was unequivocally wrong. I thought I got some allowance for artistic license, but I guess not.

Is there some disc golf dictionary I don't know about?

Thanks for watching!

From my understanding though: Hyzer equals outside wing down on release. I'll sometime say it hyzers out, which is different. (I don't think I say that one much though)

Hyzer flip for me equals thrown on a hyzer, and flips up to some degree. Whether that be to a lesser hyzer angle, flat, or all the way over to an anhyzer angle.

Am I wrong?

Agreed, if it was thrown flat that's not a hyzer flip. I would call that a turnover. Right?

A couple of my favorite people (/s) on youtube have been busting my balls recently about saying anny flex, instead of just flex. I figured there was a hyzerflip to anny flex too, so just flex was lacking description, but was told I was unequivocally wrong. I thought I got some allowance for artistic license, but I guess not.

Thanks for watching!

You have everything right as far as I know. I've never noticed you calling shots something other then what I call them.

Thanks for the response and again...this is tiny, tiny nitpicking. Nothing major...you do a fantastic job.

I think if you want to get technical (again someone smarter than me correct me if I am wrong) the disc "fades" out, not hyzers out. Anny flex is the same thing as a flex shot but I don't see any issue with calling it an anny flex...that is exactly what it is.

Just my two cents for what it is worth. I don't mean to get you to have to watch every slight variation of disc release and affect your commentary. your commentary is engaging...don't mean to mess you up.

Am I wrong?

Thanks for watching!

You are always right in my book, because I learned much of the terminology from watching your show ;)

When you say "Anny Flex" I think you are saying that it is a stable/overstable disc, and the thrower is forcing it to come out with anny orientation (outside wing up on release) and letting the stability flip it to straight or back to hyzer so get some S curve on it. So the disc "flexes" from anny to hyzer orientation. You would use this when you have to follow a tunnel left to right, then have it fade back to the left.

Amirite?

I don't get what is wrong with that? Is anny redundant or something? How is it just wrong?

You have everything right as far as I know. I've never noticed you calling shots something other then what I call them.

:hfive:

Thanks for the response and again...this is tiny, tiny nitpicking. Nothing major...you do a fantastic job.

I think if you want to get technical (again someone smarter than me correct me if I am wrong) the disc "fades" out, not hyzers out. Anny flex is the same thing as a flex shot but I don't see any issue with calling it an anny flex...that is exactly what it is.

Just my two cents for what it is worth. I don't mean to get you to have to watch every slight variation of disc release and affect your commentary. your commentary is engaging...don't mean to mess you up.

I actually say fade out / fades 99% of the time. Pretty sure anyway. Can't remember the last time I said hyzer out, but yeah I agree it's more technically correct.

No worries man! As long as you're nice about it (which you very much are), I have no problem with feedback.

You are always right in my book, because I learned much of the terminology from watching your show ;)

When you say "Anny Flex" I think you are saying that it is a stable/overstable disc, and the thrower is forcing it to come out with anny orientation (outside wing up on release) and letting the stability flip it to straight or back to hyzer so get some S curve on it. So the disc "flexes" from anny to hyzer orientation. You would use this when you have to follow a tunnel left to right, then have it fade back to the left.

Amirite?

I don't get what is wrong with that? Is anny redundant or something? How is it just wrong?

That was my thinking too. I believe he (youtube comentor) said it was redundant, and made me look stupid when I said anny flex. I thought I was adding more description, but apparently I'm an idiot. :p

I guess I'll try to start saying just flex. FWIW I've heard pros call it anny flex, but maybe they just watch my videos and I'm in a feedback cycle.

Anyone notice I've been saying drop in, and not tap in? Trying to make it more disc, and less golf. Not every time, but I'm trying.

In non terminology news I filmed the Rocky Mountain Disc Golf Championships this weekend. I finally got to film Christian Dietrich. Wholly ****, that dude can play! If he toured I have no doubt he'd consistently finish top 5. He won BSF in 2010, and 5 years later can still bomb. McBethesque putting too.

Those 2 courses are absolutely amazing too. Think Milo with more elevation and tighter fairways. At elevation too. Word on the street is they're gonna add in two more courses on the property. It's out there but worth the trip. Great people too.

I'm working on a little highlight vid which should be up tomorrow. It should showcase both of the courses and a ton of new faces.

After that it's back to editing Worlds Round 6 part 2. Then I'm off to SF this weekend to film the Safari. Thinking we'll do another podcast next week.

Call it a helix flight and really f with the word dorks.

Its all fine. Anny flex witb os vs hyzer flip power beat stable disc which turns and fades back ala dx firebird etc.... Dont trip half these people i hear at a high level say really strange things like "flip up "shots.