• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

I have a favor to ask. So my friends ran into an FPV Drone racer at a local DG course. He decided to film some of their throws and this is the result. I've been talking to him about filming hole preview shots for BSF at Milo McIver and he's down. His only ask is some subs for his Youtube channel. Do you think you guys could help me out? Imagine before each hole he'd fly from tee to basket? Too cool right? Dustin Keegan and Zoe AnDyke have graciously offered to help him film this! Zoe is gonna be the basket :)

Check out his work here. He can also fly much slower/smoother (check out his waterfall vid).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnTO7vXFHqo

Thanks!

Ian

And the collegiate league will have them in starting 2/11. I'm not sure how long they'll stay in for though. I think I heard they might keep them in until team golf, but I'm not very certain about that.

That is too cool! Done.

Thanks!

Oregon Team Disc Golf will have all 36 holes in for our finals 2/28 if you're in a hurry -- and Zoe doesn't want to dodge aproaches ;)

And the collegiate league will have them in starting 2/11. I'm not sure how long they'll stay in for though. I think I heard they might keep them in until team golf, but I'm not very certain about that.

Thanks guys! He said he could make it out there 2/25, but I don't have anyone to show him the holes. The other caveat is that he can't film if it's raining, which I can see being more than likely. Are you guys or someone else you know available the 25th if the weather cooperates?

I want to see the genius hole shot with this speeder drone. Or any of those top down shots. Or the whole 36 holes... :clap:

Thanks!

Thanks guys! He said he could make it out there 2/25, but I don't have anyone to show him the holes. The other caveat is that he can't film if it's raining, which I can see being more than likely. Are you guys or someone else you know available the 25th if the weather cooperates?

I probably could be. I only have night classes at the moment. I can't be certain about the baskets staying in though. Someone on the team mentioned it, but I haven't heard confirmation from a reputable source.

I probably could be. I only have night classes at the moment. I can't be certain about the baskets staying in though. Someone on the team mentioned it, but I haven't heard confirmation from a reputable source.

Great! Well let's keep an eye on the weather, and maybe we can make this happen! Thanks!

Worst case you can be the basket stand in, and be in all the CCDG vids :) :thmbup:

Sub'd! The FPV drone footage is slick! If it is used for following discs could it possibly stay in chase/follow mode (behind the disc the whole time)? The guy flying it has some serious skill to chase down and overtake the discs, but it was making my head spin haha.

Keep up the good work! CCDG is must watch TV!

Seeing myself in a CCDG video would be the giddyest moment of my life!

IKR!

See 2015 Worlds, round 5, part 2, for a Jimb and daughter sighting after Nikko drains a huge putt on #16 or 17. :thmbup::D:clap:

Oh, yeah... And that drone footage was cool. Having no experience with them, that sure does seem like an excellent pilot!

Last edited:
I have a favor to ask. So my friends ran into an FPV Drone racer at a local DG course. He decided to film some of their throws and this is the result. I've been talking to him about filming hole preview shots for BSF at Milo McIver and he's down. His only ask is some subs for his Youtube channel. Do you think you guys could help me out? Imagine before each hole he'd fly from tee to basket? Too cool right? Dustin Keegan and Zoe AnDyke have graciously offered to help him film this! Zoe is gonna be the basket :)

Check out his work here. He can also fly much slower/smoother (check out his waterfall vid).

Thanks!

Ian

Definitely a great idea! I would suggest offering advice on where to fly the drone. Preferably down the fairway where a disc would be expected to fly. If these guys don't play disc golf and all you tell them is you want a video to go from here to there they can just find their own route to the destination which isn't always where a disc is going to fly which can confuse the viewer.

Be more than glad to help CCDG.

The flyby should be exactly the same as in ball golf.
Start video from ground level, behind whatever tee the players will use, with the basket in the distance.
Fly the intended golf disc line and altitude.
Fly past the basket, then rotate the camera 180°, and descend back down to ground level, behind the basket, with the tee in the distance.

Ian, in terms of disc golf skill, how would you rate the Big Three (yourself, Derek and Alex, ye Chumps that lost to McBeth :p ) from best to worst in:

1) consistency

2) potential for a blazing hot round

haha I missed this one. I usually beat both of them, but I would say Derek can have some great rounds when his putting is on. Alex's silly putt is tough to make long ones with, but he never misses the come backer.

The flyby should be exactly the same as in ball golf.
Start video from ground level, behind whatever tee the players will use, with the basket in the distance.
Fly the intended golf disc line and altitude.
Fly past the basket, then rotate the camera 180°, and descend back down to ground level, behind the basket, with the tee in the distance.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. :thmbup:

The possibility of having drone cam hole previews combined with CCDG's commentary skills is more than enough to earn another subscriber. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

:thmbup:

Latest posts