• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion Mamba review

Today my Mamba went through the chains on a hole that I thought was pretty much un-aceable. I've not thrown another disc that likes to glide understable like the Mamba. When I first saw it's flight rating of -5 I wondered how that would really work...Now I know and pretty much agree with the rating. The Mamba just holds in the air on a turn and keeps going forward where most discs would be dropping/diving with their nose angle. It's place in my bag is becoming pretty solidified as it just seems to work every time I pull it out (which isn't all that often). The one thing that makes me nervous is that my Mamba seems a little more stable than most and I hope I can find a similar one at some point (domey orange max weight).

Have you tried a CFR metal flake mamba? I've thrown about 5 or 6 different mamba's and the metal flake (168) seemed more stable than all the others, which were all heavier. The metal flakes seem domier as well.

Have you tried a CFR metal flake mamba? I've thrown about 5 or 6 different mamba's and the metal flake (168) seemed more stable than all the others, which were all heavier. The metal flakes seem domier as well.

I'm TDing a tournament next month and you better believe I ordered a few of those...

Just picked one of these for a payout. Got the purple champ glitter. This is flippier than my beat to hell dx stingray. I threw it fh almost perpendicular to the ground... the sucker flipped all the way over and turned into a roller. Thrown bh, if thrown with a little bit of hyzer it will go dead straight for 150 feet and then flip and pan the rest of the way. I don't know how often I will use this disc, but it will definitely be used as utility.... and for just screwing around.

RHBH if you hyzer it a bit, it starts left and fights back to the right, then barely fades left. Glides forever. Added 30-40 feet easy to my drives and finished straight line tee to basket. Much easier to control than a Blizzard Katana. Mine is a 149g. Head into the strong wind it had some problems, but overall I love it.

I like understable discs that cater to rubber arms, especially with eccentric stats. Discs like this are great learning tools for noobs and fun to throw. I'm gonna put this on my wish list.

I got a 172 blue champ in trade...I wasn't expecting much but I love this disc. I throw 350 golf and 425 field. This is a great tailwind and or downhill disc. I hyzer flip it out to around 250 then it starts to pan right and finishes with a little forward fade. The glide on this disc reminds me of my favorite lat64 discs glide.This disc is just plain fun even if you aren't going to use it in a tournament it i highly recommend it

Recently I got a 175 red champion mamba from a payout and while it is flippy, it is not so bad that it is unusable. I found that it can hit huge turnover drives for long distance without fading back. I think it will be perfect for those long range dogleg right shots. Eventually when I get it beat in I think it could possibly be a good roller disc.

I haven't thrown one yet that doesn't turn and travel pretty far right, or turn and burn at least half the time. Even the 167 I have, which is the heaviest one I've found, is a flip monster. Yeah, I can get 300 out of it, but an r-pro boss yields even a little more distance with less odds of turn and burn.

Strange, I haven't seen any that light. Actually, the 3 I have are all 170+

:hfive:
Recently I got a 175 red champion mamba from a payout and while it is flippy, it is not so bad that it is unusable. I found that it can hit huge turnover drives for long distance without fading back. I think it will be perfect for those long range dogleg right shots. Eventually when I get it beat in I think it could possibly be a good roller disc.

I think I read somewhere that Climo liked this disc because of it's ability to fly on "old school lines". would the bigger arms that have thrown this agree to that statement? does it really fly like a lid but with the feel of say a Wraith?

I think I read somewhere that Climo liked this disc because of it's ability to fly on "old school lines". would the bigger arms that have thrown this agree to that statement? does it really fly like a lid but with the feel of say a Wraith?

No big arm by any means, but the Mamba does hold lines very well w/o alot (@75%) power.

The Mamba always flies like it's going downhill...It just seems so easy to get it on an apex and have it fall forward and to the right. I'll just look at a spot in the sky and think "that is where I want my Mamba to hit and start falling right" and it seems ridiculously intuitive. It can also be thrown low with a lot of hyzer and fly straight for most the flight and then take off to the right at the end. It definitely does understable and fast as predictably as anything.

I had a champ Mamba and lost it. I decided to try a TD2 Fever becouse of how close these feel to each other. Are they the same mold or has the Discmania disc been changed a little bit. For me the TD2 has been a tad more stable. Still easy to turnover but with a little hyzer it flips up to flat and then holds the line.

I had a 170+ champion mamba that I just gave to my buddy who lost his. He loves it, gets these nice long rights out of it. For me, it was just too flippy. I'd release it at 8 o'clock and it'd still flip too hard. Maybe just me. But my buddy swears by it, and gets really nice D with it, so take that for what it's worth

I think I read that the TD2 is their anhyzer top with a mamba bottom. Little slower rated, but still as understable.

I've been thinking about picking one up, since I've thrown neither one. The TD2 is only available in S-line, afaik, so maybe that's something you're looking for Jimbo, since S-line = Star.

the mamba is like a speed 11 x comet. smooth clean form is rewarded with amazing lines. you can throw it with hyzer and have it stand up and do the slow turn over it is great.