• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion TL+??

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread for me to post.......

I just got a Champion TL+, and was trying to add it to my disc organizer... There isn't any "Plus Mold" under the Plastic drop-down menu....

My question is: is the + mold plastic still considered Champion, and not a separate, distinct type of plastic on its own?

Based on what you guys have been talking about so far, it seems like it's simply a case of same Champion plastic with "easy release" rim?

it has nothing to do with the plastic, just the rim. plus molds are slanted out. as far as the disc organizer goes PM Timg and see if he can add plus molds to the list. for now you can just make a note of it in the note section.

who has thrown these? how do they compare to regular cfr champ tl's?

Got some throws in with my 175 champ + today. Mine flew stable/overstable almost teebirdesque. I took the one I was testing out of my bag since I already have teebirds and they feel better in the hand imo

Got some throws in with my 175 champ + today. Mine flew stable/overstable almost teebirdesque. I took the one I was testing out of my bag since I already have teebirds and they feel better in the hand imo

strange. the one's i've thrown were all neutral to understable and they all had very little fade. it was as if you had a disc and you beat the LSS out of it. i threw two different champion discs and they were pretty much the same disc. it was a very straight flyer out of the box.

strange. the one's i've thrown were all neutral to understable and they all had very little fade. it was as if you had a disc and you beat the LSS out of it. i threw two different champion discs and they were pretty much the same disc. it was a very straight flyer out of the box.

I was having an "off" day and nothing seemed to be going right. But these were still stable flew like a champ teebird. Maybe its because im not used to throwing max weight and the lighters act differently but that was my experience with them today

My old 175 Star TL was too straight, and was extremely sensitive. When I first got it from my friend, it was pretty new, and it had a fair bit more LSS than when I got rid of it. It basically became a fairway driver Comet, almost no fade at all.

It would make sense to me that a new max weight Champion TL would be similar to a Champion T-bird, but it also could have just been your day. I do believe there is a pretty big difference in the flight of the two discs. The TL is much straighter, HSS is almost definitely 0.

CFR Champ TLs fly closer to Tbirds brand new than Star TLs.. I would expect about the same thing for these new + rims.

Not when they change a disc but don't label it as a + rim. When you order a disc online it is now a crap shoot if you will get that disc or whatever disc Innova felt like making for that run.

Innova in notorious for this:
Pro Firebird=FL with no designation
Pro Starfire=SL with no designation

I would have thought most people would assume this... Champion plastic discs are usually always more overstable than their other plastic counterparts, until they get worn in a little.

I would have thought most people would assume this... Champion plastic discs are usually always more overstable than their other plastic counterparts, until they get worn in a little.

well there are some exceptions to the rule.. and there was some debate about how the plus rim would affect it.

Maybe the more gummy Champion plastic discs aren't quite as overstable. It seemed to me like the TL's rim was pretty straight to begin with.

honestly i just wish they'd put regular champ TLs in to production... this makes no sense to me.

Trey Trey Trey... what have you gotten yourself into?!

I noticed c-line TD's fly very similar. Ratings are speed 10,5,-2,1. TL+ is 7,5,0,1. The td even has the plus mold rim. I dont get why Innova gives the TL is a 0 turn rating when the tb is also. It should be atleast -1.

Latest posts