• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chances Inbounds has permission....

The discussion does seem a bit off......expressing concern/corrective behavior regarding copyright issues on a disc golf discussion forum?? I guess.

Anyway, Jerome your way off, the River crushes the Leopard...think glide bro. Hope the tee-pads are clear tomorrow..yeah Sellersville.

so what about when artists cover other artists songs? how do you feel about that

there are laws concerning that. In most cases the artist covering the song much get permission from the artist and/or the record label to do that. In cases such as parody they do not, but often time still do.

So I would say, don't do it, unless you are doing it the right way and getting permission.

so what about when artists cover other artists songs? how do you feel about that
Can't sell it for profit without permission or a contract of some kind... At least not at any kind of real level where the companies will notice you. Wonder if disc golf will get big enough for the old Led Zeppelin putters to get Gateway sued? Or did they grab rights for that one?

what about when artists play songs live that are written by others?

im not trolling i sincerely want to know

When we created the ad, we wanted the quick Matrix character pops to be a lulz and never intended to inappropriately use WB's intellectual property. So we just asked ourselves how we would like it if another company borrowed our copyrighted images without permission and we (very quickly) realized that we wouldn't appreciate it. We've since updated the ad and appreciate the feedback in righting the ship.

As always, we thrive on feedback and if there is anything else (good or in need of improvement), please let us know via our Contact Us page or just send us a message to [email protected]. Thanks!

Certain other DG companies (who've been the subject of many a thread on this forum, but shall remain nameless) could learn a thing or two from this post regarding how to respond to criticism in a professional manner. :thmbup:
:thmbup::clap::hfive: