• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

Bravo!
Well done, sir!

*tips cap*

:clap: :clap: :clap:

From a TVK review:

Pros: The brand new (June 2019) Raptor's Knoll DGP In Langley, British Columbia is just about a mile from the U.S. border crossing at Sumas and right across the street from the Langley Transfer Station, which I think is Canadian for garbage dump. There is a nice, new parking lot here.

Hmmm...

All right. I'll just come out and say it. This park smells homeless. It smells like it passed out drunk, peed its pants, and then walked around in the hot California sun for three days just letting it dry and fester. I don't exactly know why that is. Sure there were homeless people on three of the holes. But I've played courses that were worse. I even walked my dog through a Seattle course once where he found a thong on the ground, sniffed it, and jumped like I'd kicked him. I hadn't kicked him. But I've never been to a park that smelled like this. It almost took away from the enjoyment. Almost. You should still stretch your legs out here and get a quick round in though if you're in the area...

Not a review per se, but a walkthrough under the media tab which I often enjoy more. Found this gem while looking for courses near a vacation spot we have planned...

No words needed is a plus in my book (minus an "ooooppppssss" and some lip reading). Yes, I laughed out loud several times and considered not finishing the video, but by minute 3 I decided that I would love to play with this guy, whoever he is.

I had him unofficially at 2-under - I would probably be reasonably happy with that on that course, from the looks of it

*leaves to go look up the course*

Last edited:
Loving this thread, very interesting discussion
o.png

Last edited:
I need to start driving with my bag still over my shoulder. Looks like a time-saver...

Well you know it ain't right... haha.. It's not the worst thing.. Dry like that I wouldn't bother, or with a bag that bulky and loose but it's not that bad if I've got 5 or less in the Nutsac and it's wet out I will play bag on, especially if I'm by myself. Or for a speed round.

With a carabiner on a belt loop to clip it in its barely noticeable. I don't know about playing in sandals and socks though, I like ankle support.

From Hector Chain's review of Idlewild...

One theme runs through every course I've given a 5.0 rating: you can't stop replaying the holes in your head. You think about the long grass rough when you mow your lawn. You think about the narrow fairways when you're in a tight hallway. You think about the dog legs when your puppy is upside down next to you on the couch. You think about the safe landing strips when...well, never mind.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=507&mode=rev#81457

From MrFrosty's 0-star review of Swampy Hollow in Coldwater, MS...

"The park needs to just pull these baskets up and either add them to the Lost Indian Spring Course on the front 9 , or melt them down and make one giant propeller to chop up the jungle growth here."

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=7678&mode=rev#81575

There's a lot of raw emotion throughout the review. I can appreciate that.

dmoles88's recent review of Climbing Bines...

Pros: Great landscape and views. Beer sold on site.

Cons: No tee pads at all, not even a sign to mark where you should tee off on most holes. Worst baskets possible. One basket was broken in half. With all that land I don't understand why most baskets are near the edge of the property where the rough is very thick.

Other Thoughts: Not to be a jerk about the place, but the bartender wasnt friendly, the beer was average and the course was a big let down. If you are a disc golfer you wont like this course at all, so don't bother. I saw it had a 3 star rating and that is not accurate, so I'm putting in my 2 cents.
I'm not even a drinker and would have to think any beer sold on site is worth at least a half point, no?...:D

He disagreed obviously. 0 discs

I'm not even a drinker and would have to think any beer sold on site is worth at least a half point, no?...:D

5 STAR REVIEWER: There is absolutely nothing that could be done to improve the course. It is perfect in every possible way.
ME: Does it have a bar?
5 STAR REVIEWER: no.
ME: Then it is not perfect in every possible way.

joking aside, i raised my review score for New World and Rolling Ridge both 0.07 rating points for the bar. sometimes i need aiming fluid.

5 STAR REVIEWER: There is absolutely nothing that could be done to improve the course. It is perfect in every possible way.
ME: Does it have a bar?
5 STAR REVIEWER: no.
ME: Then it is not perfect in every possible way.

joking aside, i raised my review score for New World and Rolling Ridge both 0.07 rating points for the bar. sometimes i need aiming fluid.

Aiming fluid? That reminds me of the time when I was 14 and bowling in a summer league. When you are 14, you will take beer errrr... aiming fluid whenever and where ever you can get it. It took 1 frame for the league coach/secretary to say, "Trey, are you drunk?". I just smiled and ran to the snack machine for hot fries and their snack bar for a coke. The aiming fluid made it easier to find the gutter...... aiming fluid.:eek: