• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

LE Comet stamped Meteors $700/each I know what I got:popcorn:

Ha, I did always like the Meteor but I never bonded with or trusted them. Always switched to something else that made me happier/suited my own game better.

Haha. I had an esp meteor, I liked the feel and rim shape, it was a gateway disc to the Comet. I always wished it was 5g heavier or maybe the crystal z, it just needed a little more stability to be reliable past 150', got some long putts with it. Probably the first disc I could hyzer flip somewhat consistently.

Out of curiosity, are Comets going dirt cheap on your market pages down south? There's only 4 or 5 people that will consistently bid on em up here, they are practically a steal.

I played round one of my tourney yesterday, I grouped up with Macin and friends, turns out the other dude Adam, was the one that hooked me up with my old x Comets. Awesome to make his acquaintance.

The Meteor has always felt like the beginner's Comet, to me. Flippy enough that lower arms can turn it, fast enough that you don't need to learn a different arm speed from a Buzzz, and a beginner will see some fade from it. By the time they came out, I was already a Comet fanatic, so their propensity to ONLY turn annoyed me...

I got a Meteor from a tourney, kinda liked it. Reminded me of a Buzzz feel with Comet stability.

Haha. I had an esp meteor, I liked the feel and rim shape, it was a gateway disc to the Comet. I always wished it was 5g heavier or maybe the crystal z, it just needed a little more stability to be reliable past 150', got some long putts with it. Probably the first disc I could hyzer flip somewhat consistently.

Out of curiosity, are Comets going dirt cheap on your market pages down south? There's only 4 or 5 people that will consistently bid on em up here, they are practically a steal.

I played round one of my tourney yesterday, I grouped up with Macin and friends, turns out the other dude Adam, was the one that hooked me up with my old x Comets. Awesome to make his acquaintance.

We down here in the very south of Philadelphia have few stores to judge lol...wish I could answer properly. Glad you got to meet Adam!

Comets not a disc I throw on every hole but when I need something to finagle through a gap or some trees there's simply nothing better. It's not the most forgiving disc and I don't reach for it when it's windy but I wouldn't want to leave home without it

Okay, for real, that Z Swirl MJ Comet I got is MONEY. Out of the box, it's got ridiculous glide (even for a Comet), and I was leaning on it HEAVILY during today's tournament. I was on feature card for the second round, which was filmed. Can't wait for the video to go live, so I can link to a hellaciously fun scramble park job I threw with it, after hitting first available with my drive on the last hole...

I know y'all weren't the most fond of the semantics of the stamp, but when it comes to flight...

No, y'know what? They suck. Don't try them. That'll leave more for me to snatch up! :D

that's a lot of fade for a comet!

It's all in the touch :D

It's beefier than my old light weight Z ones, but it's not as overstable as the new production run Z ones I picked up. I'm pretty sure this one is going to become my go-to after becoming better acquainted with the local flora...

The Meteor has always felt like the beginner's Comet, to me. Flippy enough that lower arms can turn it, fast enough that you don't need to learn a different arm speed from a Buzzz, and a beginner will see some fade from it. By the time they came out, I was already a Comet fanatic, so their propensity to ONLY turn annoyed me...

I played the ace race the meteor came out for and it was super frustrating. I didn't have a ton of touch at the time but handled a comet fine. When I wanted the meteor to stand up and go straight it would turn. When I wanted it to hold a sweeping hyzer it would fade more than expected or stand up and turn. It was tough cause half the holes were shorter than I would consider throwing a mid on, even then. I never gave it another chance since... Its probably not that bad

I played the ace race the meteor came out for and it was super frustrating. I didn't have a ton of touch at the time but handled a comet fine. When I wanted the meteor to stand up and go straight it would turn. When I wanted it to hold a sweeping hyzer it would fade more than expected or stand up and turn. It was tough cause half the holes were shorter than I would consider throwing a mid on, even then. I never gave it another chance since... Its probably not that bad

It's not bad, but like the Sol, it's pretty much a one trick pony. They're discs you bag, when you know you're going to have something like a Buzzz in your bag, and you want something flippy for turnovers. Of the 3 major understable mids from Discraft, only the Comet can do all the shot shapes well, especially once you reach a medium to higher tier level of power...

that's a lot of fade for a comet!
Dumb story: I hurt my arm (again) so we were doing fieldwork over the weekend just to try to ease it back in. I was throwing five Comets. The first time through on my first throw I just flipped it; user error. The second one I flipped again but not as badly; it fought back and had some nice glide. It totally missed the line I wanted it to be on, but we were in an open field so who knew? It turned out pretty good, so my kid was like "Oh, nice throw." I got the next two throws off, no issues, so I'm on my last throw and I threw a hyzer. It was my most overstable Comet and that why I carry it, so I threw the hyzer. It went exactly where I wanted it to go, but my kid goes "those throws were looking good until the last one." :p I protested with "But I was trying to throw a hyzer..."; she cut me off with a "Sure you were, old man."

Hey, sometimes you need the hyzer. That's why I threw that shot the way I did. I didn't want to cross over the road, because it was OB - and if I threw the high turnover, there was a risk of the carry going to the path past the basket too, which was also the OB boundary. I knew if I curled it around that tree, it'd be close to the pin. Wasn't expecting as much ground play as I got, but it put it close enough to the pin that I had to aim down to tap it in, so I can't be mad... :D

Last edited:
I still carry a stable comet (2019? Swirl ESP MJ) that has decent fade if I back off of it for a sweeping hyzer finish, so I understand. Most of the time when I need a hard straight to hyzer shot, I'm going aftershock though.

Has the Aftershock changed since back in the day? The first runs I had made a Wasp look straight (MRV top + Wasp bottom)...

Has the Aftershock changed since back in the day? The first runs I had made a Wasp look straight (MRV top + Wasp bottom)...
Were those Aftershocks or Shockwaves? I think the Aftershock wasn't as OS as the Shockwave, and I always had them confused when they were both available.

Aftershock/Comet is a good pairing. Aftershock was definately less stable. The Shockwave was wasp ish, and the aftershock was buzzz ish. It has more turn than a buzzz but a more predictable fade. Great shot shaper which is why I think it pairs with the comet well. Comet for holding a line and aftershock for multiple direction changes in one flight.

I love how when you order from the Ledgestone site it gives you and option to pay more for something like four day delivery; and then four days after you order they haven't even processed the darned thing to be shipped. :\

Still waiting on Comets...