• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courtesy to female players in 2017 - Can it exist?

Telling someone to not let bad behavior ruin a hobby is different than the get over it/no big deal comments

Completely agree. Some of us who said the former were seemingly misconstrued (not by OP to be fair) as the latter. Thanks for pointing out the difference!

3 discs and towel... plays in Charlotte... and a chick...

I think we crossed paths last week during my lunch break. I was testing out new plastic at Renske using #1 and #8 fairways. I saw you when you were on hole #2 (for a minute I thought you were Holly [tall, thin, and long red hair], but knew she wasn't in town) and we met up when you finished #7 and I was coming over to #8 for more testing. We had a lovely chat.

I attempted to help you with your drive, but I hope in a not so condescending way. I truly love to teach our game. I did pick up that you didn't like me watching your approach to #8 as you attempted to have me, "look over there"... so I took the hint and moved on.

I hope we run into each other again... and would play a round with you anytime. I even promise not to offer assistance unless you ask!

Great Scott!
You caught me !!

OK, just got caught laughing too loud at work. My employees know I'm slacking in here.

Yeah, haha, I thought spitting game, given the thread topic, was pretty ballsy.

To the OP:

In case you hadn't already found them, the CDGC has a women's league, if you want to try to avoid some of the sausage party that DG is usually. Here's their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/Charlotte-DGC-Womens-League-966912979988403

As to the rest, it's a proverbial dead horse at this point. Just remember that from the moment we (boys) start noticing you (girls,) we display it by throwing rocks at you. Some of us never really evolve past that stage. So, I dig the annoyance with the whole "you're hot, you're welcome" thing. Just remember it's as much to be pitied as insulted by.

Telling someone to not let bad behavior ruin a hobby is different than the get over it/no big deal comments

Completely agree. Some of us who said the former were seemingly misconstrued (not by OP to be fair) as the latter. Thanks for pointing out the difference!

Maybe I took some of the previous comments the wrong way, that was just how it came across to me. I'd agree that "don't let it completely ruin disc golf for you" and "meh, it's no big deal" are different things. If that's all that was being said, then I apologize for misinterpreting it.

Maybe I took some of the previous comments the wrong way, that was just how it came across to me. I'd agree that "don't let it completely ruin disc golf for you" and "meh, it's no big deal" are different things. If that's all that was being said, then I apologize for misinterpreting it.

Actually, it wasn't you, it was a post earlier in the thread. Message boards are not places where gray areas or measured statements thrive, so, in general, a statement is often mischaracterized as being on either extreme of the spectrum. Annoying but a fact of life.

I think the discussion is an important one to have; albeit, it's a discussion that is unlikely to come up with any solutions. Support and encouragement from a group of like-minded peers engaged in a common activity is about all we can hope for, I believe.

Not completely germane to the thread, but I rolled my ankle & fell the same day as I got the premium DGCR membership. (yesterday) :wall:
>.<
I have no idea how long it will take to heal. I'm grateful to the DG guys that helped me get home safely and weren't creepy :clap:

If you need me I'll be on crutches.:thmbdown:

ouch! I keep having close calls when walking on uneven ground. I'm pretty sure-footed overall, but even with that, I've come so close to ankle injuries and others as well.

Hope you heal up quick.

Not completely germane to the thread, but I rolled my ankle & fell the same day as I got the premium DGCR membership. (yesterday) :wall:
>.<
I have no idea how long it will take to heal. I'm grateful to the DG guys that helped me get home safely and weren't creepy :clap:

Boooooo! Heal up before the weather gets back.

Be well.

ouch! I keep having close calls when walking on uneven ground. I'm pretty sure-footed overall, but even with that, I've come so close to ankle injuries and others as well.

Hope you heal up quick.

This reminds me of my "why I don't jump putt" story.

I'm just a lumbering oaf, and tried to do a step-though putt a la Feldberg once, and stepped in a little rut, and rolled the crap out of my ankle. Guys I was playing with said it looked like I got shot, lol.

I love how your post implies that any male you come into contact with is assumed to be a creep until proven otherwise. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy. :sick:

I hope you've gotten the positive attention you clearly needed from this thread, because it reminds me of an episode of Dr. Phil. Please let it fade away already.

Tolerance of male players in 2017 - can it exist?

>.<

Are you implying that getting the DGCR premium membership is hazardous to ones' health? Egads.

I love how your post implies that any male you come into contact with is assumed to be a creep until proven otherwise. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy. :sick:

I hope you've gotten the positive attention you clearly needed from this thread, because it reminds me of an episode of Dr. Phil. Please let it fade away already.

Tolerance of male players in 2017 - can it exist?

Aww, it's rough being a dude. Women have to worry about being assaulted/harassed, while we have to worry about...what exactly? Demonstrating that we're not creeps?

http://fusion.net/video/229604/aziz-ansari-master-of-none-walking-home-women/

Aziz has been doing the guys are creeps thing for a while... guys are creeps... not all, but enough

I'm no creep but I can only prove that to girls by following them everywhere and acting like a nice guy to them :|

heh...