• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I agree with others about the stamps. The two foil look and the claw marks are a nice mix of classic/simple Discraft stamp with some added flair. I also think the plastics are pretty. The Z on both the Forces and Zones looks very nice.

And say what you will about Discraft strategy: but they be movin some product!

Last edited:
Think it is slightly taller than a roach but same shape

Rim Depth

Luna - 1.4cm
Roach - 1.5cm

That would make the Roach taller? That was the only spec difference I noticed. I think Paul liked the Roach but wasn't into the name.

I picked up some Lunas today. Side by side comparison to a Roach doesn't show much. The only difference I see is they rounded the shoulder just a little bit at the leading edge. Roaches kind of have a bump there, but the Luna is a smoother transition. Someone with "special eyes" will have to point out anything else.

I've putted Roaches since the Ace Race. Never in a plastic this nice, though! I think this will be an easy transition. Sucks we got pounded with snow last night. Can't let them fly yet.

Do you think the LUNA will come out in a premium plastic from the start?
Looks like a good throwing putter and i really dont like to throw base plastics .

Anyone get one of the recent ESP Flash's from Infinite? Just wondering how they fly. Had read in another thread that Flash's can sometimes be all over the place in stability.

Anyone get one of the recent ESP Flash's from Infinite? Just wondering how they fly. Had read in another thread that Flash's can sometimes be all over the place in stability.

As one who used to throw Flashes, yes. Fairly different stability in different plastics. Not sure I'd say all over the place though. Found that unless the weight was very different, usually the Z plastic was pretty consistent from disc to disc. The Flash is OP by the way...Just suggesting you might want to try something else. For me personally, I've found that the Undertaker does a good job - not that it's the same disc mind you. The Flash was a bit much for my noodle arm.

-Dave

The Luna is one of the shallower 'traditional' putter molds I've held. Only the warden comes to mind as similar feeling. Has anyone done a side by side with the roach, challenger ss, and aviar? I've got a feeling it's going to be look more like a challenger ss.

On a side note, the McBeth Ti Undertakers are pretty nice. Very stable, able to put a rip on them out to around 350' with no real lateral movement until late. I haven't thrown the Ti 'takers before, so this might be normal for that plastic.

The Luna is one of the shallower 'traditional' putter molds I've held. Only the warden comes to mind as similar feeling. Has anyone done a side by side with the roach, challenger ss, and aviar? I've got a feeling it's going to be look more like a challenger ss.

On a side note, the McBeth Ti Undertakers are pretty nice. Very stable, able to put a rip on them out to around 350' with no real lateral movement until late. I haven't thrown the Ti 'takers before, so this might be normal for that plastic.

That is how all of the TI Takers are. They are really nice for sure. The rest of them have a little turn in them from my experience besides the crystal sparkle. If you pair the Ti with just about any other plastic you can cover a ton of shots.

Begin Rant, That being said, I have been messing around with a bunch of discraft discs and I am honestly disappointed with the lack of consistency. I cannot believe how much each mold varies from plastic to plastic and sometimes even within the same plastic. You literally can go buy 3 or 4 brand new forces, vultures, or undertakers and cover the entire spectrum of shots which doesn't seem right to me. There are super overstable cranks and mantis out there despite being understable discs, I have gotten many puddle top or space ship shaped putters too (mostly roaches). I feel like I have put together a solid bag out of it, but I am already worried that if I lose a disc it will be a pain to find one that flies just like it. End rant.

I cannot believe how much each mold varies from plastic to plastic and sometimes even within the same plastic.

Discraft has always been like this though. Consistency within plastic lines is as good as any other company really. Knowing, for example, that I can pick up a x mantis and know that it will always be more understable than a new Ti mantis is nice. Once you learn how the plastics are in each mold you like it's vitally useful information to have, and not feel like you have to guess.

It's not any better, or worse, than any other manufacturer. My new z predators/comets are basically the exact same as the fresh old runs I have in my stack, and that's spanning about a decade.

Speaking of stability variance, if I was looking for the most stable comet, how would the new swirly esp comets compare to some of the older pretty stable Zs? I'm having trouble resisting the swirls. This plastic is too nice.

Begin Rant, That being said, I have been messing around with a bunch of discraft discs and I am honestly disappointed with the lack of consistency. I cannot believe how much each mold varies from plastic to plastic and sometimes even within the same plastic. ...

In my experience, the 2 Michigan companies have the most consistent discs. Both are much better than Innova or any of the trilogy brands.

That is how all of the TI Takers are. They are really nice for sure. The rest of them have a little turn in them from my experience besides the crystal sparkle. If you pair the Ti with just about any other plastic you can cover a ton of shots.

You meant to say Undies, as in you have a pair of Undies in your bag.

Innova runs are horribly inconsistent for each plastic, which unfortunately affects other companies they manufacture like discmania. I'd much rather have plastic types be different but consistent, which Discraft mostly seems to have down (no company is perfect obviously).

I did have a good laugh when a local advanced player who throws way farther than I do showed me his Z mantis that seemed to be as overstable as a firebird.

Now that Discraft is 'cool' again I seriously need them to make a deal with WWE for a The Undertaker stamp...

Latest posts