• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crazy Shots!

Billy K2

Par Member
Hey guys! Yesterday I had my first ever ace at Roscoe Ewing DGC on Hole 16. It wasn't an ordinary ace though. I managed to skip the disc off the ground and into the basket! So my question is, what was your craziest shot? Did you ricochet and make a shot off of a tree, or did you hit a deer in stride? Let me know!

a skip ace is pretty ordinary. a water or ice skip ace though is something juicy.

I saw a bounce ace off of a thumber. That was pretty crazy.

Crazy as in good OR bad?

I once threw a putt that splashed chains, then stoop up on the rim of the basket and spun (vertically on it's edge) in place 1 & 1/2 times around...

...before falling out. :wall:

Saw a guy get his first ever ace, and it was during a tournament.
He threw a tomahawk that landed right in front of the basket. Sounded like it hit a tree (everyone knows that sound) and it bounced up and landed in the cage, no chain

It was and still is the best ace I have ever seen

I have had my fair share of random weird shots. From an accidental just get out from over this tree thumber shot that caught the wind and floated back into the basket. To a bounce off ace run that ended up being a four after two rolls of death (drive and follow up putt). But the strangest was an accidental roller of an under stable disc. I am a flicker. So I took a renegade and tried to clear a pond. Well the guys infront of me ponded their shot. So as I get ready to throw I think to myself maybe I should put extra on it. Well I chunked It straight down. And it rolled towards the pond. Then cut right. Along the front of the pond. As it passed the edge of the pond it started turning left back towards the pond. The senior on the card called BS and the disc finally died right before turning back into the pond. I took my three and moved on

estimated route

this was the kind of strange route the disc took..
red line suggested route, Purple drawn is what it actually did...yes this was done on paint...not the actual sign lol

Attachments

• roller.jpg
    roller.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
A year or so ago I was at Hambrick and a guy in the group behind us got the ol' bounce off the tree ace. I unfortunately did not actually see it, just heard chains and cheering and we turned to them and they told us what happened. Pretty cool!

Earlier this year I was at Evans park and this guy threw a huge sky tomahawk on hole 1 that must have been 100 feet in the air. It came down right on top of the basket and was the most ridiculous shot i've ever seen. It would have exploded the basket had it gone in.

I have no such stories to add. Instead, I just want to say congratulations on your ace, OP!

My only ace last year was on a short hole, disc disappeared into a huge low hanging tree. We lost sight for a second or two, hear it hit some leaves and branches, then just watch it flop into the basket.

My friend was literally talking trash seconds before about how I hadn't aced yet that year. Just a lmao moment.

After holing out on # 13 during a round of solstice I told my partner I would ace the next one. next hole I was rewarded with a 215 hyzer bomb first ace and a healthy ace pot to boot. lost site of the disc around the hyzer lane but could see the basket, it was the most violent ace I have ever seen.

I've had an ace off of a tree bounce, a skip ace, hyzer aces, and a couple anny aces. The tree bounce was my favorite.

I saw a buddy throw a hyzer flip, skip, tree root bounce ace. That was probably the coolest I have seen. Although, I really want to see a roller ace because that would have to be the best.

I witnessed a Tommy roller ace with a blizzard kraft I believe. Hole 7 Cornwallis park. First shot of dubs, very strange.

Not an ace but a few years ago I was playing oshtemo's 15th hole. I had thrown into the stand of pines to the right of the pin and was only about 8ft from the basket but with no opening to the basket. I saw a small gap above my head and said "screw it" and threw my hawk straight up on its edge. The disc went up through the gap and came straight down in the basket missing top of the basket and chains completely. My buddy freaked out and measured the vertical gap between the top and the basket was an inch and a half (he's an engineer they measure stuff when they freak out).

My only ace last year was on a short hole, disc disappeared into a huge low hanging tree. We lost sight for a second or two, hear it hit some leaves and branches, then just watch it flop into the basket.

My friend was literally talking trash seconds before about how I hadn't aced yet that year. Just a lmao moment.

That'll shut him up...

I've seen so many crazy aces over the years, to many to count. Here's a couple.

At Felton just outside of Santa Cruz, Ca. they used to have a much higher top of the world shot. It's a vertical tunnel shot, and I mean vertical. My buddy who's lefty was known for out of body shots...aka who knows where it's going. A good player but sometimes...Anyways, he ripped his drive into the ground no more than 10/15ft. in front of us and it proceeds to skip off the ground and go all the way into the basket!!! Amazing!

Second one...Playing Berkeley Ice Bowl Dubs (the course everyone loves to hate) in which we use alternate tees for some rounds. This hole shoots to #2's basket but tees off along the water near where hole 18's basket is. Basically a righty hyzer bomb over water and around a large cypress tree. Dude hucks a hyzer that goes maybe an inch long on the back side of the chains, hits the lush grass to the left at an extreme angle, and proceeds to bounce backyards into the bucket!!! Yes, I said backwards. The extreme angle of how it hit along with the spring from the grass projected straight into the basket. Crazy!!!

This weekend, I put a LHBH flex shot down a tunnel for an ace. Best shot I've ever thrown! I didn't believe my card-mates when they said they heard chains!

Took my friend for his first round of disc golf. We went to Cliff Stephens...played 21 holes. Got back to the parking lot and he wanted to try a forehand shot for the first time. He steps up to hole 1...around 415 slightly uphill and flicks it into the ground about 40 feet in front of us. It rolls all the way to the basket for a drop-in 2.

Latest posts