• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cubby on PDGA.com

Hence why I included the disclaimer that he did at least bring some exposure to the sport. Whether it actually made a difference is up for debate though.

^^^Lots.

And I seriously doubt that Cubby's "exposure" [oof, that sounds dirty] "grew" disc golf. Most people I've played disc golf with have never heard of him or his claims to fame, if I ever brought his name up. I didn't know he existed before I joined DGCR, and I've been playing DG since ancient times.

Last edited:
He has never claimed to make them on his first shots and I'm sure most if not all of us have taken multiple drives on holes many times.

I have never thrown a second shot cause I grip locked and scared small children as I screamed "FOOOOOUUURRRRR".

We'll not that my second shot was any better. Oh well, mulligans are a way of life.

Only a governing body as prestigious and credible as the PDGA could pretend that Cubby has 500 legitimate aces. I mean, it's not like he stands at the tee and empties his bag with a camera behind the basket or anything; he's a total pro! :\

Oh no! Cubby, sorry "Mr. 500" to you, is on the front page of PDGA.com for his prodigious aces!!!

http://www.pdga.com/mr-500

Back when youtube was new and nobody really understood what it was or could be, a man and his camcorder blazed a trail for disc golf videos that has grown to become a huge part of the growth of the game in the last 8-9 years.

The man? Carl "Cubby" Cubbedge.

If all you have to say about the man is that his achievement was no achievement, maybe you are focusing on the wrong achievement.

The 30 for 30 on Cubby is going to be sick.

Cubby is also great at commentating disc golf. I like the dgmonthly stuff he's done.

I love how he angles the camera so that you can't see the dozens of discs on the ground that were not aces. I don't mind that he likes throwing "Cubby" aces, but don't pretend they were on the first shot.

I recently heard the term cubby ace in an "is it an ace " post.......now I know. I did watch a video of him playing a round and throwing with both right and left arm...... Is he cubby putting also? If not , dude can putt. I think your all just jealous you didn't post some vids of your 500 missed cubby aces .

I heard that Cubby retires all his aced discs, so he has 500 useless discs laying around his house. Guy must love spending money on plastic.

You know whats really pathetic

Berating a guy who is having fun who has done more for the disc golf by being positive and taking the time to film some cool shots as well as video tours of courses and broadcast for dgmonthly

the guy enjoys disc golf and is actually one of the nicest and friendliest guys you will ever encounter

Id rather play a round with Cubby than any of yous guys trashing him online

You know whats really pathetic

Berating a guy who is having fun who has done more for the disc golf by being positive and taking the time to film some cool shots as well as video tours of courses and broadcast for dgmonthly

the guy enjoys disc golf and is actually one of the nicest and friendliest guys you will ever encounter

Id rather play a round with Cubby than any of yous guys trashing him online

This.
You "ace purists" (funniest comment in this thread) need to lighten up on the guy.

I agree the reason why I love Disc golf is because it is laid back and you can have fun. Who cares how many throws it took to get a ace..