• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
It flat out baffles my mind that anyone would pay someone or a group of players to come to their event.

If my hard work in promoting the event, doing all the crap needed to put on the event, raising money for the event and all of that isn't enough to get them to come, I should have no issues finding someone else who will show up.

Now when I ran a huge event near worlds last summer and had guys like Dave and other traveling guys here, was I happy that they came? Of course. Did I try to make sure they had places to stay and not pay for hotels and all of that? Of course. Did I put some of them up at my house? Of course. Did I care that a certain few told me they were coming and didn't? Not in the least.

i was glad to come and to make sure we kept a big A tier win in the state!!!!
you do run a good event

If Dave went with Dynamic Discs, he could throw whatever he wanted to as long as it had a DD dye job. Just sayin'.

Um, wrong, so wrong. Being a part of DD means throwing DD/Latitude/Westside. No mixed bag. Has to be discs manufactured by Lat64.

ah so DD is like the Discmania of Lat64°. therefore Lat64° is the Innova of Scandinavia in a way. I'm getting a bit tingly inside.

Mr. Blazek are you part of team DD now? No offense but it's been hard to keep up with everyone in this season of change.

back to Feldy.

1. he's not coaching but no one can say when he stopped.
2. he's not with Innova and no one can say why or when
3. he's purportedly been a bit of a huckster during the NSDGT
4. he's moved to AZ but no further details
5. he has back problems

It flat out baffles my mind that anyone would pay someone or a group of players to come to their event.

If my hard work in promoting the event, doing all the crap needed to put on the event, raising money for the event and all of that isn't enough to get them to come, I should have no issues finding someone else who will show up.

Now when I ran a huge event near worlds last summer and had guys like Dave and other traveling guys here, was I happy that they came? Of course. Did I try to make sure they had places to stay and not pay for hotels and all of that? Of course. Did I put some of them up at my house? Of course. Did I care that a certain few told me they were coming and didn't? Not in the least.

If you are insinuating that I didn't put in a ton of hard work...honestly, please. Anyone that heads up an A-Tier (that runs smoothly) does not take kindly to accusations of not trying hard enough.

We were helping out the NSDG tour. The NSDG promoter was a previous STL local. Nikko IS a local. We paid for an advertisement on the back of the RV in addition to paying the appearance fee. We wanted a clinic put on by the top pros, including Dave Feldberg. The money spent was to ensure that none of them backed out and left us looking like liars. Isolated in the middle of the midwest, it can sometimes be tricky to get the top pros to show up, so you have to come up with some enticing opportunities. We DID NOT just give them $500 for showing up...

If you are insinuating that I didn't put in a ton of hard work...honestly, please. Anyone that heads up an A-Tier (that runs smoothly) does not take kindly to accusations of not trying hard enough.

We were helping out the NSDG tour. The NSDG promoter was a previous STL local. Nikko IS a local. We paid for an advertisement on the back of the RV in addition to paying the appearance fee. We wanted a clinic put on by the top pros, including Dave Feldberg. The money spent was to ensure that none of them backed out and left us looking like liars. Isolated in the middle of the midwest, it can sometimes be tricky to get the top pros to show up, so you have to come up with some enticing opportunities. We DID NOT just give them $500 for showing up...

No, not saying you guys didn't work your tail off. In fact, I've heard a lot of great things about this event and it's on my bucket list of events to play. Honest truth.

And I didn't mean to offend you – I understand the line of thought. I guess I should have clarified that I wasn't in fact speaking about this instance, rather in general. Poor timing / judgment on my part.

I don't think he was insinuating that you didn't bust your ass. At least, that's not how I read it.

I played a tourney, and one of the big reasons was I heard Barry Schultz was going to be there. I think he was just happening to be in the area, but I'll tell you what his being there maid me get up and drive 1.5 hrs to a tourney hungover as all hell. If i didn't know a top pro was going to be there, i never would have done that to myself....but that reminds me why my first round sucked, i was hungover!)

You advertise that 4 top pros are going to be at a tourney, and there are going to be quite a few people who wouldn't normally play, try to play that one. It's up to the individual club/people running the tourney to decide if paying them to come is worth it or not. It all depends on how many extra people come because of it.

Maybe in some parts of the country, where a bunch of good pros live, its easy to get them there. In Middle Indiana, we rarely get top pros here, so when we do, it's a big deal to try and play with them. Heck, just getting a 1000 rated player is tough enough, since there are only a few from our state.

No, not saying you guys didn't work your tail off. In fact, I've heard a lot of great things about this event and it's on my bucket list of events to play. Honest truth.

And I didn't mean to offend you – I understand the line of thought. I guess I should have clarified that I wasn't in fact speaking about this instance, rather in general. Poor timing / judgment on my part.

My bad. I tend to take things too personally. Please make it down to the STL soon! This year should be epic!

News just broke that Chip Kelly is leaving Oregon to coach the Philadelphia Eagles.

It is apparent now that Mr. Feldberg will be assuming the head coaching responsibilities for the Oregon football team.

News just broke that Chip Kelly is leaving Oregon to coach the Philadelphia Eagles.

It is apparent now that Mr. Feldberg will be assuming the head coaching responsibilities for the Oregon football team.

ha, but i thought he moved to AZ, so I guess he is taking over the cardinals team.

Thanks for that. It's bad enough that I can't go on facebook without being reminded and getting depressed. Now DGCR too? I guess I'll just have to get back to studying until the news blows over.

This must be true - I read it on the interwebs :clap:

Thanks for that. It's bad enough that I can't go on facebook without being reminded and getting depressed. Now DGCR too? I guess I'll just have to get back to studying until the news blows over.
Don't be too sad. He'll likely be back in the NCAA in a couple years.

Don't be too sad. He'll likely be back in the NCAA in a couple years.

Great, he leaves us, dodges sanctions, and returns to another team a few years later so we have to compete against him for championships once we've recovered from sanctions. That's a real relief.

Great, he leaves us, dodges sanctions, and returns to another team a few years later so we have to compete against him for championships once we've recovered from sanctions. That's a real relief.

Isn't that what the NCAA is all about? Seems that is what all the coaches do nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.