• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Definitive shoe thread

The bottoms of my new balance all terrains fell off after a month...were in the process of falling off in about a week.

Right now im sporting some keen red rock mids.....they feel like they are indestructible but ive only had them for 2 weeks. I'll report back after a couple months.

Keen FTW, I love how solidly built all their shoes feel.

Just picked up some Merrell Impact Ventilators at DSW on the clearance rack for $47. They had 2-3 different styles of the Merrell in clearance too.

merrell moab gtx. 100.00. i love how well they've held up, about 3 years now. however they are not very comfortable. sole inserts a must.....just bought keen milo II'S very comfortable hope they are just as durable

Adidas Sambas, inexpensive, durable (and I drag my foot on tee pads), and comfortable.

merrell moab gtx. 100.00. i love how well they've held up, about 3 years now. however they are not very comfortable. sole inserts a must.....just bought keen milo II'S very comfortable hope they are just as durable

Yeah, that was something that bothered me, the insoles being rather thin on them. Though now you can buy thicker insoles from them which are different(at least looking) than the ones that came with mine.

just spent the weekend in my salomon xt wings 2. AMAZING. look brand new after 4 long rounds in snow and mud. very comfortable and look to be taking awhile to break in.

Still rocking 29 dollah Bites.

Love the water resistantness of them, even covered in snow my feet didn't get wet.

Bought my third pair of Merrell's a month ago. They are great for getting around our rugged course, but they have TOO much traction to allow my plant knee to release on the tee pad. (Pain from the torque)

Just switched to Nike Air Force Ones, which allow me a smooth pivot.

And I'll say it again because it has been awhile, if you drag your toe or want good grip in anything slick these are the last shoes you will get and they will last forever:

image_84578.jpg

http://workingperson.com/footwear-1...l-low-steel-toe-hiking-shoe-40008-121878.html

Bites cost like $25 last I checked at gottagogottathrow and they have held up great. Their not gore-tex but are water-proof, keep feet dry, and are light.

Their not the most durable but have had mine over a year and no significant damage, at the cost if they would give me 2 years before replacing Id be happy.

Bought my third pair of Merrell's a month ago. They are great for getting around our rugged course, but they have TOO much traction to allow my plant knee to release on the tee pad. (Pain from the torque)

Just switched to Nike Air Force Ones, which allow me a smooth pivot.

o_O really? I guess I may not have payed any attention to it, that or then somehow I have zero problems with too much traction. I've never played rubber pads in summer though if that's the problem. Only place that has them is Stoughton which we basically use just during early spring/late winter when they pull the hiestand park baskets.

I just picked up my new winter boots today from REI. Keen Summit County. They were $140 - 10% for being a member of REI co-op. I love them. They are just the right height to keep the snow out. They are waterproof and comfortable as heck. They were exactly the right fit for me although odd that the size that fit the best is 1 full size smaller than I normally wear. They fit so perfectly it is like they are part of my foot which is exactly what shoes and boots are supposed to be like. I have a feeling the will last for a long time.

I love playing in these, but they are not waterproof. The grip is pretty good, but it's a gum sole which means they wear out after about a year. The good news is you can grab them for a lot cheaper than all of these other options. (around $40 or sometimes less). Gazelles are about the same just a different look.

Most comfortable shoe ever made. I think I bought at least 5 or 6 pair of these consecutively. Yes I did play indoor soccer in them, but even for years afterwards I just loved how comfortable they were

Alright..well I said I would report back after a couple months.

I have been playing almost everyday in my new Keen Red Rock mids. So far..they have been amazing. They have broke in REALLY nice..most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. The bottoms are still in perfect condition..no signs of wear (very surprised) as I have ruined previous shoes very fast. Overall I don't see any issues with them.

$20 Payless sneakers, FTW!

I trash 'em for a few months and get new ones!! I'm always wearing the latest fashion from Payless!

Loki WISHES he could be as fresh as me!

Latest posts