• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

btw, do you know who is responsible for the course? is there a student club? person in charge?

thanks!
is the sidewalk OB? sidewalk and beyond?
Unsure.

thanks!
is the sidewalk OB? sidewalk and beyond?

All I know of the course is what I read on Funkytown Flyer's Facebook posts. Here's what they wrote on April 16: "Big thanks to Jay and Des for newest Tarrant County disc golf course, as of yesterday it looks like TCC NW is close to complete! Please like, share, and show some love!"

There's also mention of signage on the way soon.

I'm in Dallas tomorrow, looking for someone to roll through a round with. I am without a vehicle, but I can put some gas in yours! Let me know, I have ALL day and no way to get out of the hotel!

No kidding? Work? I'm on tour with a day off. And I guess you don't have any time off any time soon judging by the overt jerkiness of your comment. Sorry it angers you so much. Maybe you and your 9to5 arn't who I was looking for. Remember not everyone works at a desk crunching numbers...

I just read the new review on Gateway. It's nice that it's coming back, but over clearing it will take away what makes it a great course. Yes, I know why they are doing it. It's just too bad.

No kidding? Work? I'm on tour with a day off. And I guess you don't have any time off any time soon judging by the overt jerkiness of your comment. Sorry it angers you so much. Maybe you and your 9to5 arn't who I was looking for. Remember not everyone works at a desk crunching numbers...

yeah, not all of us have fancy 9-5 jobs there, bub…I'm at home with three sick little kids, which is too bad cause the weather is gorgeous today!

Sorry u got no ride :(

Question about bill Allen(the colony)-is every hole a par 3 during tourneys/minis? Thanks.

IIRC, there are usually 2(?) par fours during a tournament, Hole 5 and 11, for a course par of 56. However, for most of the tourneys I've played there, they also add 3 temp holes in the field across the street from hole 12, so the par goes up to 65(?).

In the end, par is just a number really. The lowest score typically wins :thmbup:

Where is the Austin thread I can go be a whiny @sshat in then call someone a jerk who makes an offhand comment that doesn't actually state anything negative towards me? Cuz that'd be awesome

I didn't respond because I have work today, yes a 9 to 5, but not at a desk crunching numbers. I'm not sure what that comment was about. I also live in Cleburne, on the southwest side of the metroplex, so I don't end up in Dallas a lot. I try to hit the courses on the other side of DFW, but it's usually on weekends.

So how do y'all usually shoot at z-boaz? I'm right on the cusp of intermediate/rec and I shot a 6 up today. I felt like I had a terrible round but I'm just curious what y'all usually shoot and what division y'all are in. Long pin positions.

Not too much imput from the z-boaz mobsters lately. You should've asked the guys in the parking lot. Most locals don't play there because the pace is excrutiatingly slow.

Slow for sure. We had a 4 hour round. I can't imagine what it's going to be like in the tourney in a couple weeks.

I would rather play bicentennial any day of the week. We had a group of 12 a couple weeks ago and got out of there in about 2 hours.

Talked to somebody at the City of Anna today. They said the course there finally opened on 5/1. Hope to get up there in the next couple of weeks.

So how do y'all usually shoot at z-boaz? I'm right on the cusp of intermediate/rec and I shot a 6 up today. I felt like I had a terrible round but I'm just curious what y'all usually shoot and what division y'all are in. Long pin positions.

Even to a few down (from the shorts) is what most of the people I roll with shoot. We are mostly Int/Advanced players. 6 big can happen out there though O_O