• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

I'm old and admittedly losing enthusiasm for the game. I'm not quitting, just downsizing my commitment. I'm going to sell about 100 discs next week. I want this to be easy and quick.

What store pays the most for discs? I'm not interested in store credit. I want to partially pay myself back for the camera I bought.

DFW area only.

Thanks in advance!

Might be interested in buying the lot, can give you cash too. I am located in Carrollton, about 5 doors down from Dynamic Discs.

What were you looking for for the lot. Name a price and we will see if I am interested.

(FYI, I own the MrJims.Pizza down from DD Carrollton)

I appreciate everyone helping out. Unfortunately I can't make it Sunday due to a union meeting. First Sunday of every month... and this one is a special memorial event.

I don't play much anymore. Maybe a round every other week. Between family and chores, I don't have much time to play.

Well, happy May Day. Let us know if there's a good time to find you out someday.

I didn't see Bicentennial Park in Crowley mentioned. Creek and elevation in play. Course flow is not the best, but the holes are excellent. Two 9-holers worth checking out are Sonora Park in Kennedale and Eagle Ranch (Houck design) in far northwest Fort Worth (basically Lake Worth). Both have also have water in play, and Eagle Ranch has elevation.

We've been playing Bicentennial quite a bit this summer. I think it is an awesome course with a wide variety of challenges. The ups and downs in the front nine totally kick my butt.

Reading reviews on Veterans, lots of comments about the hilly terrain and poor footing going up and down the hills.

How does Veterans compare to Bicentennial, Z-Boaz, and/or Saddle Hills when it comes to elevation challenges and footing?

As said above, been playing Bicentennial quite a bit and the downhills are pretty sketchy to me and they kick my butt pretty good. I'd like to play Veterans, but I don't want to get hurt as my balance isn't the greatest these days. Given what the reviews say, I definitely wouldn't go to this course after a rain.

Arlington is built on a big hill, it really only comes into play on 3 or 4 holes, other than that it does have some slight elevation changes on some holes and if you play the championship tee's, it has a "top of the world" type of shot that is at least 300ft just to clear the tree's.

The most elevation on a course in the DFW area is probably Turner park. If you have not played it, I recommend getting over there. The city is going to pull the course someday when they redo the park. (locals are hoping to talk them out of redoing the park and keeping the Disc Golf course)

Arlington is built on a big hill, it really only comes into play on 3 or 4 holes, other than that it does have some slight elevation changes on some holes and if you play the championship tee's, it has a "top of the world" type of shot that is at least 300ft just to clear the tree's.

The most elevation on a course in the DFW area is probably Turner park. If you have not played it, I recommend getting over there. The city is going to pull the course someday when they redo the park. (locals are hoping to talk them out of redoing the park and keeping the Disc Golf course)

Thanks!

I plan to play it and thanks for the hit on Turner, will add to my list.

I'm just wary of "rough terrain" downhills.

Mainly if it's loose or slick. Like bicentennial has a lot of.marble like rock on the downhills. I navigate it okay, but I'm really cautious.

Thanks!

I plan to play it and thanks for the hit on Turner, will add to my list.

I'm just wary of "rough terrain" downhills.

Mainly if it's loose or slick. Like bicentennial has a lot of.marble like rock on the downhills. I navigate it okay, but I'm really cautious.

Turner has LOTS of elevation (at least by DFW standards), but it's not as loose/dangerous as Crowley or Veterans. Turner is almost all grass on the hills instead of loose rocks.

Turner has LOTS of elevation (at least by DFW standards), but it's not as loose/dangerous as Crowley or Veterans. Turner is almost all grass on the hills instead of loose rocks.

Thanks. Ill plan to hit Veterans when I've got plenty of time.

Will look at Turner as well.

Played Bicentennial today. One of our group likes to go a little faster than I do. It's good for me, but I don't rush on the hills.

I just heard (from Pizza God) about a new course in Wylie called Suburban Trails. Does anyone know who designed it or helped to put it in the ground?

any idea where? i work in Wylie three days a week, i'll stop by this week if it's open already

Flying into DFW next week for a quick work overnight and will have a shot to play probably only one course in town. Never played anywhere around here. Because I've seen so much video coverage of these, my first inclinations would be to try either Harry Meyers or Veterans. Both look right up my alley in terms of my style/ability. If left to my own devices, I'd probably just go to Meyers for the Houck factor. BUT, I figured I'd check with you Texas DG aficionados first!

Any locals have opinions on the "if you could only choose one" question? thanks!

Flying into DFW next week for a quick work overnight and will have a shot to play probably only one course in town. Never played anywhere around here. Because I've seen so much video coverage of these, my first inclinations would be to try either Harry Meyers or Veterans. Both look right up my alley in terms of my style/ability. If left to my own devices, I'd probably just go to Meyers for the Houck factor. BUT, I figured I'd check with you Texas DG aficionados first!

Any locals have opinions on the "if you could only choose one" question? thanks!

The DFW area is so spread out that location compared to where you're staying probably matters as much as anything else.

The DFW area is so spread out that location compared to where you're staying probably matters as much as anything else.

Good point. Have a meeting at Parkview Memorial Hospital that appears to be between downtown and the airport. I'll probably get a hotel close to that location. I'm game to travel up to an hour. Hope traffic doesn't suck!

harry meyers or Veterans good if you want to play courses you have seen on footage. Lester Lorch is the best complex of courses in DFW IMO.

Harry Meyers and Lester lorch are ~1 hour apart, harry meyers and vetrans are also about an hour apart (without traffic). DFW is big so probably pick whichever of those 3 is closest to you.

harry meyers or Veterans good if you want to play courses you have seen on footage. Lester Lorch is the best complex of courses in DFW IMO.

I also just remembered the layout for VPO is a bit different from the normal layout you would be playing. There are no water holes for the permanent course at veterans.
similar for harry meyers- some of those holes are only playable for Nick Hyde- including the epic 18th hole water carry.
so if you're going to play the holes the pros play keep in mind you wont get some of the epic-est holes.

I also just remembered my avatar pic was taken at Lester Lorch with my ol dog merlie. RIP girl.

I'd suggest Fritz Park in Irving or Turner Park in Grand Prairie. Both are fairly close to the airport. Turner is on the chopping block because the city wants to use the land for something else, so I'd give it the nod. It's long and lots hills for DFW, but definitely worth it.