• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Shops Near Milwaukee, WI

Craton

Double Eagle Member
Hey ya'll, I have a buddy that lives out in Milwaukee, WI. While he knows the best places to find quality craft beers, he is somewhat lost when it comes to finding a decent disc golf shop out there. Any of you guys know of a good place within that area that has a really good disc golf shop, preferably with a decent selection of X-Outs or all the brands?

The local shop I like to go to is Mojo disc golf. There is a good selection and he is very knowledgeable and friendly. It is on 66th & Oklahoma, but don't get confused by the exterior because it is in the back area of the optometrist's office.
http://mojodiscgolf.com/

Another place some friends go to is Art Smart's on the east side. I have never been there, but I hear it has a great selection.
http://www.jugglingsupplies.net/golf-discs.html

I'm in milwaukee suberbs, I haven't been able to find a good place besides sporting good stores, which normally have like three discs

There honestly is not a very good place to buy discs in Milwaukee except Mojo disc golf store. The rest are just sporting good stores, gas stations, and a bunch of little stores that have no selction.

Now I haven't lived in Milwaukee for a while, but I believe that Art Smart's Dart Mart and Juggling Emporium has a pretty nice selection of discs and the guys that work there play. It's located on Humboldt on the east side. Never heard of Mojo's, but Art's is a good store.

http://www.jugglingsupplies.net/index.html

There honestly is not a very good place to buy discs in Milwaukee except Mojo disc golf store. The rest are just sporting good stores, gas stations, and a bunch of little stores that have no selction.

Not entirely true man, once you get your license, you should check out Art's...great disc selection plus all kinds of other fun stuff.

OR.....There is also Terry on Wednesday evenings at Valley View(he is there for league). His selection is not bad at all either...

OR.....There is also Terry on Wednesday evenings at Valley View(he is there for league). His selection is not bad at all either...

That guy still does that? Man, I remember that guy when I started playing back in the late 90's (when Valley View was actually a fun course to play). If I remember correctly, he had a circuit he would run including Parkside, Dretzka, and another course that he would hit them all once a week.

That guy still does that? Man, I remember that guy when I started playing back in the late 90's (when Valley View was actually a fun course to play). If I remember correctly, he had a circuit he would run including Parkside, Dretzka, and another course that he would hit them all once a week.

He's still at it and the best bet for stocking up at quality prices.
He also teaches a class at a university and design courses. Disc golf is his full time gig.

He's still at it and the best bet for stocking up at quality prices.
He also teaches a class at a university and design courses. Disc golf is his full time gig.

I think someone needs to get a picture and start a thread about him.

He also does the Spassland Disc Golf League on Thursdays

There honestly is not a very good place to buy discs in Milwaukee except Mojo disc golf store. The rest are just sporting good stores, gas stations, and a bunch of little stores that have no selection.

No there are actually TWO great disc golf shops in Milwaukee.

1. Mojo Sports
2. Art Dart Smarts on Brady Street.

Both have an incredible collection and carry damn near every name brand disc I can think of.

Of course you could also stop by the following league nights to pick up discs by the league sponsors.

Monday-Estabrook Park/doubles
Tuesday-Dretzka
Wednesday -Estabrook singles/ Valley View singles
Thursday- Brown Deer

His selection isn't bad, but he has way more stuff in storage in an undisclosed location that he may have exactly what you are looking for but he can only tote around the 400-500 discs he keeps in his vehicle.

He will also be starting a league at Sussex on Monday nights in the next few weeks.

Not sure where the guy looking for discs lives in the suburbs but one of those leagues would be a good place to meet up with Terry or you can just send me your information and I can pass it on to Terry. I dont want to give out his number, but I am sure he would call your buddy back right away

I get all of my discs from www.discgolfcenter.com becuase it is free shipping and you pick the exact weight and color on the spot. Check out this site.

Or you could support the local guys who do all the work to promote the sport within the area. It is worth the extra $ .50 a disc I might by to know I am supporting the guys who keep things going locally!

Or you could support the local guys who do all the work to promote the sport within the area. It is worth the extra $ .50 a disc I might by to know I am supporting the guys who keep things going locally!

I'll do that when i can drive but i currently don't have a driver's licences so i have no choice but to order online.

I understand, I don't blame you for going online, I just thought I would mention it in this discussion for someone who might be out there and thinking about ordering online. There are other drawbacks like having strange plastic runs that you cannot feel through the internet.

yeah that is very true but i am lucky enough to never run into a problme with ordering online but i can't wait to drive out to real stores to get discs