• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2010

Slow ace year for me so far. Sitting at 3 all under 200 feet. Coolest one so far was a 186 foot tunnel shot. The part that makes it cool was I had never played it until that throw and aced it. Probably gonna be a long time before that happens again, if ever.

First ace, hole #4 at Orchard in Hillsboro, Oregon. Nothing but basket, yeah, no chains. Banking around a tree to drop in. I couldn't see it, from the sound I thought it bounced off the basket or pole, as is usually the case.

First ace, hole #4 at Orchard in Hillsboro, Oregon. Nothing but basket, yeah, no chains. Banking around a tree to drop in. I couldn't see it, from the sound I thought it bounced off the basket or pole, as is usually the case.

What my husband didn't mention, was that he was throwing an Avenger SS misprint from the birthday box I gave him. So, I get partial credit, right? ;)

What my husband didn't mention, was that he was throwing an Avenger SS misprint from the birthday box I gave him. So, I get partial credit, right? ;)

yes of course. I'm sure you knew it was special when you picked it.

1st Ace on Tuesday afternoon. Lake Casitas. Hole 6. Pin Position C. 272 downhill. Pro Rhyno. No wind. Went straight at it.

First Ace AND $92 Ace Pot!

Finally got my first ever disc golf ace today and am now $92 richer for it.

Played random draw doubles at the CMC - Glenwood Springs course for the first time.

Only took until hole 2 for me to make my mark.

The infamous "Crater" hole. CMC - Glenwood's signature hole.
580512b3.jpg

Basket was in the "B" position, 302 ft. straight away on top of the opposite edge of the crater.

Threw a 168g Champ Teebird, right hand backhand, slight hyzer to flat and the gentle fade brought it right into the chains.

I had always worried about hitting my first ace while playing alone but thankfully, I was on course with two other doubles groups making for 5 first hand witnesses.

Its hard to describe the surreal feeling you get when you go from expecting the disc to nearly miss the basket yet again but instead it stops dead in the chains. Awesome.

picture.php

I hit an ace last night in a dream. I was playing with a new disc that was a Champ Cobra Bottom and a Star Skeeter top. I threw a gentle turnover with it and hit dead center. The disc bounced straight back and landed on the basket but then fell inward instead of out. I forgot to mention that it was an indoor course and the rest of my card were eating in the cafeteria while I decided to go ahead and throw. Luckily the TD was caddying for me and witnessed it. The rest of my card was pissed but the TD over ruled them and gave me the $800.00 acepot. It was also a CTP hole with a $200.00 prize for CTP.

I hit an ace last night in a dream. I was playing with a new disc that was a Champ Cobra Bottom and a Star Skeeter top. I threw a gentle turnover with it and hit dead center. The disc bounced straight back and landed on the basket but then fell inward instead of out. I forgot to mention that it was an indoor course and the rest of my card were eating in the cafeteria while I decided to go ahead and throw. Luckily the TD was caddying for me and witnessed it. The rest of my card was pissed but the TD over ruled them and gave me the $800.00 acepot. It was also a CTP hole with a $200.00 prize for CTP.

what hole/course?

Got my first cubby ace yesterday, and I gotta say while it was cool, the satisfaction was no where near the real thing..

Oh, hole 9, Rooster Rock West. Not sure of the length, but its pretty short, maybe 200'.... maybe.

chalk up ace number one for the funkster. LHBH 245ft backdoor shot with my thrashed pro d avenger ss. thought i threw it too high at first, started it's fade to the left, came through some trees clean and disappeared from view. at this point, i was waiting for the sound of it hitting a tree. instead, i was treated to the sound of it banging the chains. i said out loud "no way" and began jogging down from the teepad to where i could see the basket, saw the yellow disc sitting in the basket, and sprinted the rest of the way. called and texted about 6 different people. just wish someone was there to see it.

b35dd347.jpg

it would have taken me ages to figure out how to approach this hole as a lefty if it wasn't for things i read here

chalk up ace number one for the funkster. LHBH 245ft backdoor shot with my thrashed pro d avenger ss. thought i threw it too high at first, started it's fade to the left, came through some trees clean and disappeared from view. at this point, i was waiting for the sound of it hitting a tree. instead, i was treated to the sound of it banging the chains. i said out loud "no way" and began jogging down from the teepad to where i could see the basket, saw the yellow disc sitting in the basket, and sprinted the rest of the way. called and texted about 6 different people. just wish someone was there to see it.

it would have taken me ages to figure out how to approach this hole as a lefty if it wasn't for things i read here
Sorry dude, if no one else saw it--it doesn't count. That's the rule!!!!

b35dd347.jpg

Congrats!!! A 245 heavily wooded hole as your 1st.:thmbup:

Haha just got my 3rd ACE today, 1st during doubles!!! Hole #10 Herman C. with a Stalker! 4 days after my 2nd ace. ****ty part is, last week some first timer came out and racked up the $180 fund thats been rolling all summer. I got $13 :( oh well at least I hit it!

I did not actually see it, but definitely heard those chains!!
Great job, bhuff :thmbup:
Yeah, too bad @ the ace fund :wall:

i was taken out for a night of drinking last night to celebrate my ace and i feel like death today

Latest posts