• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2010

Denied by Nubby!

Missed a sure thing Ace today because of Nubby! My disc was coming in from the left of the basket heading nicely for chains, squeaking past the tree in the foreground by about an inch. When what happens? The disc hits the little nub sticking out where the tree used to have a branch. If it wasn't for Nubby I woulda been adding an Ace to this thread.

Attachments

• Nubby.jpg
    Nubby.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 11
Finally got my first ace, Abendschein park #14. The hole is only 136 feet lined with trees on the left but an ace is an ace and I'll take it!

Got my longest ace for #8 today, 302 feet with a dx roc on hole 17, Shorewood Park.

Got my first ace of the year, bringing my total to two. Was a thumber with a champion orc on basket 8 at Parmalee Park. First ace was at same park basket 9 with a wizard.

I hit my first ace in a tournament round yesterday for a $100...With a R Pro Hydra the hole is over water 167'ft.

Another one

YAY! Got my second ace within 15 days of the first one! This time it was #9 at Kenneth Rosland Park in Edina, MN. Short hole, only about 200 ft, but had to thread it between two trees about 4' apart. Lightning Robber putter this time. Do they just keep pouring in after the first one? :p

YAY! Got my second ace within 15 days of the first one! This time it was #9 at Kenneth Rosland Park in Edina, MN. Short hole, only about 200 ft, but had to thread it between two trees about 4' apart. Lightning Robber putter this time. Do they just keep pouring in after the first one? :p

Can you explain what a Lightning Robber is?

# 9 is a good ace hole

Didn't think I would get to post on this thread but got one today almost two.

Hole was #6 at Mclean Central Park in Mclean VA - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=1536&mode=gal#

I threw a not yet beat in orange wraith high to the right of the tree in the center and just watched as it dived on in. The baskets at this are old single chain and shallow so even though it wasn't a long hole I was happy. The course is a short 9 hole so I played another round, step up to 6 again and say welp you can't do it twice, then watch as the disc dives into the basket again. However this time the crap basket wins and the disc bounces out. I was still pretty excited I come close alot but twice in one day was awesome.

Last edited:
Crazy Ace

So I got to hole 11 at my local course, 127' today while playing casual with a buddy after league round. As we're walking up to the tee pad he says, "I'm gonna sidearm my Nuke into the chains, watch." We get to the tee pad, I don't even have my bag off yet, he steps up and blasts his Nuke like he's driving in an open field, it lasers right into the basket. His first ace ever and the first time I've ever seen that attempted.

just thought about sharing.

that sounds like something my friend would do with his groove cuz he knows i hate that thing..

It's still a 1 on the scorecard...

Got my 2nd ace today but there's kind of a catch.

We were on the way back from hiking all day and decided to hit a 9 hole course on the way home that we had never played before.

I didn't even have my discs so I borrowed my girlfriend's Shark and played a 1 disc round.

I wouldn't normally enjoy doing this, and I felt naked without my bag, but it was justified since every single hole on this course was basically an approach shot from the tee.

I had heard rumors, too, about a hole at this course that weighed in at a mere 48 feet. They couldn't make it an even 50? So I knew it would be an easy round.

What I didn't know was that I would ace that hole.

Hole 5, at Bert and Ernie Park in Carbondale, CO

23f24fbf.jpg

So it was basically a putt. But it was a good putt. And it was a 1 on the scorecard. So I'll take it.

Latest posts