• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

Ah!! I did it again!!
Ace Hole 6 at Goldies, Axiom Alias about a 180' hyzer shot

10546828_1441647056115767_254277728_n.jpg

Got my second regular round ace on Wednesday. Hole #8 at the Quarry in Sheboygan...in front of two guys I've barely played a round with. Twas sweet!

Got my second ace today at #15, Fountain, Colorado. 228' hyzer about 30' behind guardian trees. Not a tough hole, but glad my Trident was true.

Back to back aces!

I step up to the last t-pad of the day. It's been a long hot one and my wife and I are feeling the heat. I pick out my trusty striker for a chance at a skip ace. I look at my wife and say, "I really want an ace with this disc."

My release is garbage. It's going to blow by the basket pin high for a 90 ft come back putt. But.... Splash down, high fives, cheers, and the rare non-gay kiss on a dg course.

Now my wife's up. My buddies wife just sunk an ace a hour prior so my wife says, " if I ace this, we can't tell anyone until tomorrow". It takes the exact same line and sweet chain music!!!! I'm screaming like a girl and she's jumping up and down and tearing up.

What an awesome day! Her first ace made me feel better than any of my now 8 aces combined. It was her girl friends first ace as well.

That is now 4 aces I've seen this week and 5 aces from our small 30 person club in a week. Crazy awesome.

Is that a homemade basket?

Yes sir. I've built 9 for a frontwards and backwards 18 hole. The average length is about 320 ft but that one was a little over 200.

She turned around and shot a + 10 at north park today. I can't believe how good she is getting.

The basket looks a little big with her tiny self next to it but its regulation size.

Beautiful property, lovely wife (if you don't mind me saying), and sweet baskets. What more can a guy ask for?

Thank you to all three. My beautiful kids and one more thing top that list as well. She is still on a high from that shot. I think she is secretly golfing when I'm at work. I never thought we would have the same mistress lol.

I just had to add the pic. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. My wife's a bad ass.

Wow cool :)

Got my second lifetime Ace this weekend at Ryan Ranch on hole 8a. 189 foot forehand flick with my Volt that skipped into the basket - good thing too because there is a deep ravine behind the basket ::clap:

I finally got my first Ace this past weekend! Hole 18 at Truckee River DGC (Truckee, CA). 236' slightly blind down hill shot. Threw my SS Wizard, heard chains and went running. My brother was there and I think he was almost as pumped up as I was.

I just hit ace #9 with an aviar. 200 ft shot but it was my first putter ace! It was my second ace in 4 days and I have 2 tournaments coming up this week. I can't tell if this a good or bad sign.

Hit an Ace tonight during a playoff for 2 & 3 place in our Doubles League. First one in a long while.

The TRUTH, I love that disc. Instead of having anyone sign it and retire it, Im keeping this one bagged. Its an awesome disc, clear lucid truth max weight!

picture.php

Finally broke a year-long ace drought tonight with my first skip ace! Hole 13 at Guthrie Park DGC, a 210 foot tunnel shot through a stand of low cut trees. Hit it with a very well beat in Star Destroyer.

Went out to try a new putter ( thanks esaita!) and saw a few other folks playing so we met up and finished the course. Very glad I did, because there were witnesses to see it :D. Didn't even mean to play that hole,or even that side of the course for that matter. I only went out to practice putting.

Hearing and seeing that disc pop off the ground and slam the chains was pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Prescott's Watson Lake saw two aces at last weekends tourney. A forehand skip-in on #4, and a putter drive straight into the chains on #3. The local pro has now aced #3 three times, two of them coming in tournaments: One of them his first throw of the tourney, and this one on his last... a walk off ace... alas it did not win him the Open div. and we saw our trophy go to another town.

Hit an Ace tonight during a playoff for 2 & 3 place in our Doubles League. First one in a long while.

The TRUTH, I love that disc. Instead of having anyone sign it and retire it, Im keeping this one bagged. Its an awesome disc, clear lucid truth max weight!

picture.php

Now that's the way to win a tie breaker!

:Dace no. 8 Corbin park, Post Falls ID. Hole 16, 238ft with a MVP Axis. Short downhill shot with hundreds of trees to get through, very narrow line to the basket.

# 5 at Dunham Rec Center with AR Mantis 167 gr. Signage list distance at 255 Ft. 1st ace in 2 years. It was a perfect lil hyzer downhill into a right to left wind, slammed right into the middle of the chains.

Ace #2 Hole 9 at Eagle Valley at USI, using a Lucid Fugitive. Slight Hyzer up and around the trees comes back boom in the chains.

Latest posts