• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

Hit my first ace today at the river city cup in Edmonton alberta on hole 2 at Rundle Park. 280' with a champ panther gained $340 bucks for my efforts as well.

Hit my first ace today at the river city cup in Edmonton alberta on hole 2 at Rundle Park. 280' with a champ panther gained $340 bucks for my efforts as well.

Congrats...nice score :hfive:
champ panther is my shizz

After playing for over 2 years I finally got my first Ace. Reedy Creek, hole #4. I tapped my 159 Star Leopard off a tree a few feet from the basket and it turned right into the chains.

Bout time a tree did something good for me. They reallllllly owed me.

Had my first ace on the 17th, 192ft slight hyzer with a kc roc, then my second today! 272ft downhill, in the first round with my new big z comet. Threw it flat and it turned a little, then faded through some overhanging branches that usually kill ace runs.. right in. 5 friends as witnesses in a tourney round :) No ace pot though coz we're all bums.

Had my first ace on the 17th, 192ft slight hyzer with a kc roc, then my second today! 272ft downhill, in the first round with my new big z comet. Threw it flat and it turned a little, then faded through some overhanging branches that usually kill ace runs.. right in. 5 friends as witnesses in a tourney round :) No ace pot though coz we're all bums.

Its always nice to have witnesses I had 2 we didnt have a ace pot either cause none of us had ever got a ace lol. But now I might bring it up lol

After playing for over 2 years I finally got my first Ace. Reedy Creek, hole #4. I tapped my 159 Star Leopard off a tree a few feet from the basket and it turned right into the chains.

Bout time a tree did something good for me. They reallllllly owed me.
Nice!
:thmbup:
I about aced that hole when I played it. Ended up just getting a birdie though ):

Got my first a few days ago on the short hole on the local course. It's ~172' and dead straight, but with a pretty tight gap between trees right at the end. I threw a champ roc3, which I have never thrown very well. I even said right before I threw that I am horrible with that disc. For once it went dead straight, right into the chains. My girlfriend and her kids were witnesses, and were pretty excited as we haven't been playing all that long.

A few days before that I had banged a buzzz off of the basket on another course. SOOOO close.

Got my 2nd Ace ever on June 19th. It was super short, just a 170'. But there's nothing sweeter than knowing out of your hand that you crushed it. Dead straight, no fade, chains.

Both of my Aces were with a Orange DX Roc. And both cleared an Ace pot. I got timing.

Got my first a few days ago on the short hole on the local course. It's ~172' and dead straight, but with a pretty tight gap between trees right at the end. I threw a champ roc3, which I have never thrown very well. I even said right before I threw that I am horrible with that disc. For once it went dead straight, right into the chains. My girlfriend and her kids were witnesses, and were pretty excited as we haven't been playing all that long.

A few days before that I had banged a buzzz off of the basket on another course. SOOOO close.

Feel lucky to get yours early. I play with a guy that is a GREAT player, but in his 6 years, has never aced a hole. He gets upset about it too, because the rest of our crew has only been playing for two years, and we have 5 aces between the 4 of us.

Feel lucky to get yours early. I play with a guy that is a GREAT player, but in his 6 years, has never aced a hole. He gets upset about it too, because the rest of our crew has only been playing for two years, and we have 5 aces between the 4 of us.

that sounds like me. It took me between 6-7 years to get my only ace of my life thus far.

I played at the Ace Race in the Wayland, MI area on Spinski's private course. 2nd year doing it, still no Ace. or Metal. It sure is fun though. I can only hope for a mid or putter next year. The disc this year sure did have some glide to it.

First Ace ever! New course in Tucson that is a shorty - 9 baskets played two ways. Holes #14, roughly 240 ft. M4 on a hyzer, about 2/3 of the way through the flight I comment, "go in" and dammit if the disc FINALLY listened to me. :) That one is up on the wall.

I had hit a 300ft field ace the week before while warming up for a tournament in Flagstaff - better shot but nice to get one off of the tee.

I just hit my third ace in the past month! It was a short 215' shot but my aviar found them chains and stuck! That's ace #10 and my second ace with that disc. It was also my ace with the most witnesses at 7.

Last edited:
Played league doubles yesterday and hit a 220 foot ace on hole 12 @ Guthrie for a $200 payday. That ace put us in a tie for first place, and in the throw off that same ace shot won the CTP. It was a good day.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=258&mode=media#

First ace!!!!! #7 at expo park in Denver. I live right across the street, Threw a Envy RHFH ( thanks MikeC) was upset when i let it go, thought it was to high but it hit the center and stuck, wasn't playing with anyone but a couple walking to tee 8 heard it hit and me freaking out and came back to talk about it, and if it wasn't already official I am hooked on disc golf.

Got ace #48 today. Hole 7 at Truckee River with a Z Xtreme sidearm. Only my 2nd sidearm ace due to the fact that I hardly ever throw them. This hole calls for one though.

Wooooooooot - 3rd post in this thread this year!

Hole #20 at Joseph Davis Park in Lewiston. Its only 195' but its a blind hole with a big hyzer over some tall brush required. Broke out the firebird for the shot and I knew it felt great out of hand. I figured I was parked and heard a loud thud - but it was oddly not metallic. I thought I smashed tree trunk behind it since I didn't here the crash or a metallic clink of the cage/pole. I was playing with a random guy and he was all excited thinking I'd aced...but I didn't even get excited since I didn't hear the chains. Walk around the corner...holy %^&* its just chilling in the basket. So bizarre - but I've wanted a firebird ace for a while now and glad to have it.

Hit an ace on #1 at Isle of Palms Recreation Center yesterday with a Tank. Wasn't sure if I was gonna count it because it's an object course and only a 94' hole. But considering I hit the flag marking the tree and the tree itself, not just the tree, I figured I'd count it.

Forgot to take a picture but I got my first ace while playing Mountainview Park this evening! What bites about it is it was my second tee shot so I didn't count it on my scorecard (I like to go play rounds where I make the disc selection I would make if I had one tee shot, then try my other discs). Anyways, it was on the 140' hole 7, which has two routes to the basket but tons of trees (wish this site had pics of it, I'll get them next time I'm out there). I lined my Avair P&A up and launched it, it flew straight, kicked off a tree, and smacked right in the money part of the basket. I saw it go in but just stood on the tee pad because it didn't compute that it went in. I've already had two near aces on this course (an Avenger SS that went about a foot over the basket on this hole and a chain out with my Roc on 5), but then it finally computed and I went down and grabbed the disc! I did end up with a birdie, my tee shot had been a Shark3 that caught an earlier tree. And no, there were no witnesses other than me so you'll have to take my word for it!

Latest posts