• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

#16 at Springvale South in the short position. Threw an anny flex shot to stall out at the basket on a side hill green and the DGA Reef caressed the chains and snuggled into the basket.

Aaaaaaaaaaat laaaaaaaaaast!

I've thrown a few "aces". Disc 2 or 3, sometimes 5. I've had a few people hear my throws from tee to basket, they've turned around to see me standing there with my arms in the air. I've thrown a few others without a witness that I won't post publicly, even though I treasure the memories for myself.

This Saturday I hit my first ace during a formal round, in front of witnesses, and ended up winning my card. Hole 5 at Valmont is a short downhill toss that I hit with a putter. LHBH, slight anhyzer, lotta snap. It tracked leftwards and straightened up right in front of the basket, middle chains and POW!

I'm still giddy, huhuhuhuhuhuhuh heh heh heh heh.

Finally my first ace

Finally got my first ace on Monday after nearly 3 years of playing. Was camping in the North Georgia mountains with the wife and played Meeks Park for the second time on the trip. Played the short tees, since the wife was also playing. Hole 16 is only 148' long from the shorts, but I threw my trusty beat to heck X Comet on an ever so slight S curve, missed the one tree on the left that normally knocks down my shots, and hit dead straight in the heart of the chains.

Do you count a Safari Ace? I nailed one today with a watermelon crave (1st day I've thrown it too)

I'll tell you it felt f'n great, BUT not the same as hitting one from a Tee Pad... By the way I was throwing from longer than the normal teepad.

Would you tally it up?

Do you count a Safari Ace? I nailed one today with a watermelon crave (1st day I've thrown it too)

I'll tell you it felt f'n great, BUT not the same as hitting one from a Tee Pad... By the way I was throwing from longer than the normal teepad.

Would you tally it up?

was it league?

Not league, solo actually... Just trying to spice things up and make the course more difficult playing Safari?

id count it. teebox to basket? yeah. i mean if its like under 100 i wouldnt haha but actually at the local course i am going to combine two holes. both pin positions total are probably 400-500 combined. good idea

What is a "safari" ace? I ace'd once, when I was a beginner @ Earlewood Park in Cola, SC. I don't remember the hole #, but it was a short, wooded hole, steep downhill to basket.

KM

Safari golf is when you sort of 'create your own course'. Playing backwards, or across from one fairway to another (by the way, hopefully everyone who safaris is very careful about others on the course!). Personally, I'd say a 'safari ace' would be when you are actually playing an intended round (even if it's a bit 'original'), keeping a score, and you hit on your first shot from your intended tee, to the intended target.

Nailed a tomahawk skip ace right into the center of the chains at Valley Springs hole #1 in Durham, NC. I think it was about 260'. First ace.

Thought this might be the place to brag about it. Nine years of playing disc golf and one ace :p

Got my first since the New Year! First ever also. Hoping for 2014 to be a hot year!

Just now reading thru the thread and saw I had posted this! Ha!

So the whole "Hoping for 2014 to be a hot year" thing is working. I'm 16, throw tee birds approx 370 max.

This year I've gotten a couple wins, a few seconds, and 3 ACES!!

First one I posted here. Second was 4/21/14. We'd been turkey hunting all morning, prolly hiked about 7 miles, and I was whooped. A college bud texted asking if I was down for a round. Sure. I'm standing on hole 2's teepad and say, "I'm freaking exhausted, I'll just throw a teebird hyzer instead of a roc, teebird requires less effort ha" and we both kinda laughed. Line it up and drain the Teebird from 265!! Not my longest but it was a different line than usual and kinda mixed things up.

Recently I've been metal seeking. I hit chains once and various metal 7 more times before this happened.

A few weeks ago, (I can't remember the date and I don't have the disc nearby to check) I was again on hole 2 of the same course. Playing a round with my little bro and another local guy. This odd hyzer line I was talking about requires missing a small tree by about 2 in left if you wanna run the basket. I've been trying to get it just right ever since April when I hit it last. I get a little run up and throw a good soft hyzer. It misses the tree by like maybe an inch and I say, "that's gonna be good!".. My little brother who's 13 says oh my gosh watch it!!! I step off the teepad just in time to watch it punish the chains. Got it again.

Ace 1- Hole 18 Lower Dam DGC 285ft, Star Teebird
Ace 2- Hole 2 Lower Dam DGC 265ft, Star Teebird
Ace 3- Hole 2 Lower Dam DGC 265ft, Star Teebird

I have something with Teebirds, huh?

Hole in one - NO WAY!!!

I'm on the city council and when a scout wanted permission to put in a small disc course I was pumped - I can throw a Frisbee right? Yea - we all know THAT story!

So I geeked out all last year - purchased DISC's and went all around obsessing and stressing out my 60 year old body.

WELL - baskets are installed and last night played 6 holes 3 times just to get the lay of the land.

This morning I hit my first hole in one and as luck would have it 2 guys from Public Works witnessed it!

I drive forehand so I went left over the bush and curved it right.

IMG_0965web.jpg

I feel guilty - only 30 REAL rounds under my belt! I'm about an 809 rating so it wasn't skill. HOWEVER - I had not picked up a disc for a few months and was better then when I stopped!!

Latest posts