• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

I was playing UNC today before glow dubs with my buddy and we get to hole 18. I go first with my putting challenger and my buddy implored it to get down, it did right into the chains. He throws his shot with his magnet and I am the one yelling to get down. It got down right into the chains. Boom back to back.

First Ace

Hit my very first ace on #12 at Arrowhead Disc Golf Course today with my DX Roc. No one was there to witness it so I know there are haters who will doubt it (Lord knows my whole family does), but I don't care. I saw it and that's all that really matters.

I don't think I'll ever forget watching that disc fly straight into the basket. I threw it on a slight anhyzer -- there's a tree to the right that you have to work around -- and it almost looked like I'd put it too far left, released it way too high, and threw it entirely too hard. But it faded perfectly and banged into the chains just as if I'd actually expected it to do that. That was a great feeling, even if I was by myself. Those are the kinds of moments that make me want to try even harder to get better. A great game, this is.

That said, how did you feel watching your first ace zero in on its target? What kind of shot was it? What course and on which hole? Any witnesses? Does it really matter? And finally, if Justin Bieber and Kanye West were hanging from a cliff and you only had the time and strength to save one, what kind of sandwich would you make?

1653412_10202778980852435_929310410_n.jpg

Congrats :clap: and thanks for your service! :hfive:

Doesn't matter if no one saw it...you know what happened!

Congrats on the ace! My first ace was a very similar shot to what you describe. High Anny that faded left at the last moment. Sandwich would be a Muffuletta.

:hfive: cool story, bro. Where is this course?:clap: I have a buddy that moved to nc and I told him he should pickup disc golf.

Last edited:
Nice! :clap:

Doesn't matter if no one witnessed it but you. It's still an awesome feeling. Soon enough, you'll hit one for ca$h in a tourney. But any ace is a good ace!

Keep flingin' 'em!

Congrats, brother.

I'm still waiting for mine. I've had two chain outs, which indeed moved in slow motion as they zeroed in on the basket. I keep telling myself it'll come.

Congrats man! And definitely thanks for the service!

My first (and only) ace was a throw that shouldn't have gone in but got some great tree love and went off some branches in.

A Monte Cristo. By the time I finish making it Beiber should be deported and Kanye irrelevant. Oh, wait....:D

My first was a tree-love and not witnessed. Second was witnessed -- straight to fade with a dx roc.

Congrats on the first, may many more follow.

Neither of my two aces were witnessed by me-they were both on blind holes.

My sandwich of choice would be an oyster po-boy, and it would taste oh sooo good.

Hit my very first ace on #12 at Arrowhead Disc Golf Course today with my DX Roc. No one was there to witness it so I know there are haters who will doubt it (Lord knows my whole family does), but I don't care. I saw it and that's all that really matters.

I don't think I'll ever forget watching that disc fly straight into the basket. I threw it on a slight anhyzer -- there's a tree to the right that you have to work around -- and it almost looked like I'd put it too far left, released it way too high, and threw it entirely too hard. But it faded perfectly and banged into the chains just as if I'd actually expected it to do that. That was a great feeling, even if I was by myself. Those are the kinds of moments that make me want to try even harder to get better. A great game, this is.

That said, how did you feel watching your first ace zero in on its target? What kind of shot was it? What course and on which hole? Any witnesses? Does it really matter? And finally, if Justin Bieber and Kanye West were hanging from a cliff and you only had the time and strength to save one, what kind of sandwich would you make?

1653412_10202778980852435_929310410_n.jpg

Congrats Matt....I definitely believe you got an ace. I have played a few rounds with you and you are a stand up guy. Hey at least you didn't miss your putt on that hole. :p Just kidding man....gotta play again soon

1-13-14

Skipped in an ace @ Ft Steilacoom, NW course, Hole 5 -short position, on Jan.13th. Only my 2nd one ever!! Great start of the year for me

Skip ace, Buffalo Ridge Phoenix AZ hole #1 328 ft with a 172gram champion wraith. Couldn't see it but heard the chains and the people on hole 2 hollering. This was my 7th ace in 15 years of playing.

I had my first Ace ever today, have been playing since the summer. Hole #9 at Queen Elizabeth Park in Vancouver, BC. It's over a pond, not very far, but mentally challenging. It's crazy, I still remember that half a year ago I would never be able to throw over the pond and only play around it. Today I aced it with a 169g champion Valkyrie, just a straight shot with a little bit of fade at the end.
View from above:
m04iTyR.png

Last edited:
First ace today.

Chucked my sting ray a little over 300 on a , smooth as glass , anny line for the ace on # 9 at the badlands today. :D. Had been working with my mids all week and it paid off. I even had low score for the day. :thmbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 33