• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Meeting

Maybe we could have a tournament of DGCR'rs faithful against the loyal DGR'rs.

Once it starts being tens of hours driving it becomes less easy to convince the girlfriend...but it doesn't mean I wouldn't try...

Come on and grow a set! Get your man-card back. She is the GIRLFRIEND!!! Not fiance, or wife. What are you going to do if you ever marry this women? Ask for permission to run to the store for a 6-pack. You're in or you're weak!!!

All that being said I am in if it doesn't interfere with work, charity bike rides (MS & Livestrong) or kids' swim meets, dance recitals, gymnastics, school trips, surgeries, tantrums, etc... BUT I want a nice Marriott property nearby with a bar and room service. Okay I could skip room service and the bar, but I want a comfortable bed. I could bring my own booze. I am on the wrong side of 40 now and would need my sleep to keep up with all the younger guys.

From the sounds of all this, regional gatherings are gaining momentum. And anyone that can or wants to travel could easily go to another region if he/she wanted to play courses in that area. You could go to all of them if you are able. Live large! If I am not stepping out of line here, I would suggest that Timg picks people he trusts from several regions of the country, and lets them start a thread/group or whatever he/she needs to get organziing in that region. Or people could volunteer to help and someone could be the project manager or leader of the group. If you leave it up to group think then nothing will get done, and about 8 guys will be up at Flip City this summer wondering where the hell everyone else is. Right now all there is, is a lot of ideas and enthusiasm resulting in nothing.

If this is to split in regions... aiming for a one day drive time, here are some possible regional hubs:

North East: Allentown/Philadelphia, PA

South East: Atlanta, GA

South: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Mid West: Cincinnati, OH

Rocky Mountains: Denver, CO

North West: Portland/Salem, OR

South West: Sacramento, CA​

Other than Canadians, these can be 'get there in a day' locations. I have no idea the caliber of courses, but they all have MANY courses to choose from.

I like the idea of the regional events. There are 7 regions listed and if each region took a month during the playing season, alot of us could make it to several meet-ups. i would think the next step is someone in each area taking point and getting dates and final location set. Someone willing in each area can start a poll for possible courses in their respective region. If they get responses from players in their area, they should be able to get the course set. The same would go for the dates. The only catch would be settling on a month or weekend the didn't step on another regions event.

Thoughts?

I think everybody is waiting for more enthusiasm from the masses. Once this splits into regions, some will explode with enthusiasm, some will not. Cincy and Charlotte may go smooth as butter, other areas may simply fizzle and never happen.

If I had to list regional sites, I would spread them out a little more...and probably have fewer.

I would have listed:

Liecester, MA
Charlotte, NC
Cincinatti, OH
Dallas, TX
Denver, CO
Lake Tahoe (CA/NV)

I would definitely try to get to the Cincy gathering.

If cincy is winning over flip, any northern michiganers- I'll offer car pool in that direction.

Location isn't a promblem for me, I have some vac time, it's more about affordability and figuring out a date far enough in advance

I think everybody is waiting for more enthusiasm from the masses. Once this splits into regions, some will explode with enthusiasm, some will not. Cincy and Charlotte may go smooth as butter, other areas may simply fizzle and never happen.

If the rest of the masses hear about a couple very cool events this year, then next year it will grow. 3 or 4 well attended evtns in 2010 would be a success. Maybe 2011 has 5 or 6 events.

I just started a thread for blackout dates in the vac. Roadtrip section.

Let's get some dates going!:)

The proposed Midwest location is a little too far south. I'm thinking Lemon Lake or Quad Cities would be closer to the midwestern base of DGCR members but maybe that should be checked.

Come on and grow a set! Get your man-card back. She is the GIRLFRIEND!!! Not fiance, or wife. What are you going to do if you ever marry this women? Ask for permission to run to the store for a 6-pack. You're in or you're weak!!!

All that being said I am in if it doesn't interfere with work, charity bike rides (MS & Livestrong) or kids' swim meets, dance recitals, gymnastics, school trips, surgeries, tantrums, etc... BUT I want a nice Marriott property nearby with a bar and room service. Okay I could skip room service and the bar, but I want a comfortable bed. I could bring my own booze. I am on the wrong side of 40 now and would need my sleep to keep up with all the younger guys.

I find this post pretty funny for some reason. It's like "Jeez, get a pair and do what you want. Oh wait, I can't do what I want either. Where were my balls again?" Like only married people have commitments or something.

The proposed Midwest location is a little too far south. I'm thinking Lemon Lake or Quad Cities would be closer to the midwestern base of DGCR members but maybe that should be checked.

Wile Cincy is closer to where I am currently at, I am originally from the Chicago area and would agree that Lemon Lake might work better for some people as it is fairly close to the largest city in the midwest which would make it easier for people to travel to. Plus you can always fly into southbend round trip on one of those no frills airlines for like $120 if you know in advance when you need the ticket

Latest posts