• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Meeting

North East: Allentown/Philadelphia, PA

I have no idea the caliber of courses, but they all have MANY courses to choose from.

There are at least 3 SOLID courses in the Allentown area and another 3-4 that would be gravy.

are some people just advocating for towns closer to them?

If this is to split in regions... aiming for a one day drive time, here are some possible regional hubs:

North East: Allentown/Philadelphia, PA

South East: Atlanta, GA

South: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Mid West: Cincinnati, OH

Rocky Mountains: Denver, CO

North West: Portland/Salem, OR

South West: Sacramento, CA​

Other than Canadians, these can be 'get there in a day' locations. I have no idea the caliber of courses, but they all have MANY courses to choose from.

Oh sweet! I could quite possibly make it to three of those if they were at different times of the year. Cincinnati and Atlanta I could drive to and maybe fly back home to Austin to see family and friends and make a quick drive up to DFW.

Of course I would have to make the big sell to the wife. But man would that be cool!

Oh sweet! I could quite possibly make it to three of those if they were at different times of the year. Cincinnati and Atlanta I could drive to and maybe fly back home to Austin to see family and friends and make a quick drive up to DFW.

Of course I would have to make the big sell to the wife. But man would that be cool!

With multiple regions, you're going to have some people going to many. With an option of regions some will skip the one closest to them and plan a different city where extended family live or simply have an interest in vacationing.

Last edited:

Yeah some are. But if I were to propose something closer to me I can confidently say that Charlotte is without a doubt an excellent location for disc golf. There are several incredible courses throughout the Charlotte metro area. However, Atlanta would probably be a better hub as Charlotte is getting pretty far for those people that live in Florida.

Yeah some are. But if I were to propose something closer to me I can confidently say that Charlotte is without a doubt an excellent location for disc golf. There are several incredible courses throughout the Charlotte metro area. However, Atlanta would probably be a better hub as Charlotte is getting pretty far for those people that live in Florida.

i understand, i definetely think it should be near a top rated course

If Chicago is the closest major airport for Flip, I would suggest making the conference at the four course Lemon Lake complex just SE of Chicago where Pro Worlds will be held in late July. They have a nice air conditioned conference building right by the first tees of the courses. I even have an inside track on getting it reserved, possibly free. Those who want to could make a side trip up to Flip. The courses will be in their best shape for reviews and ratings by mid-May when they are hosting an A-tier.
Similar to Chuck's idea... I vote for Cincinnati and do it the weekend before or after PDGA AM Worlds in mid-Ohio.

my vote is for regionals. i'll go so far as to offer to host one at HH including providing dinner (that's right VR, i'm volunteering us)- needs to be in april, september, or october though. day before the am hawk hollow open in mid-october might work well.

my vote is for regionals. i'll go so far as to offer to host one at HH including providing dinner (that's right VR, i'm volunteering us)- needs to be in april, september, or october though. day before the am hawk hollow open in mid-october might work well.

id be down for that. it would be super fun and i would only have to drive 12 hours!;)

I would give my left Jewel to go and play at flip with everyone, but I'm on a REAL tight budget at the moment. I Think the idea of a regional event is a great idea, we play at Charlotte/Rock Hill for the Southeast. (That would give us Winthrop! ;)) Maybe, we could even convince Charleston to put up the Hampton park poles! :) ...okay that was a stretch, but I like Charlotte for a regional event.

I agree with those who suggest a Southern gathering at Charlotte instead of Atlanta. Atlanta is a nice city and easy to get to from all over the South, especially with the busiest airport in the world, but we're not the best town for disc golf. Sure there are a couple of 4-star courses within 100 miles of the city, but everything is so spread out here. Those who travel would be disappointed. :(

I like the sound of this. I would be up for going to Flip or Cincy, of course, that is if I can OK it with the wife which will be very difficult to do with a baby.

How about Charlotte. Will at the new courses popping up for worlds there are enough courses wouldn't have to play the same one twice : )

(I just read the first post, it's a long thread)

It would be good for some DGCR'ers to come visit Charlotte anyway. Seems like Midwesterners dominate this place and the course ratings reflect that. I'm not saying the Idlewilds and the Flip City's of the world aren't awesome, but Renny and Hornet's Nest have some awesomesauce of their own that more people need to taste.

I am one of those midwesterners. I havent yet played flip city or highbridge or Idlewild, but I am hoping to hit rennaissance, hornets nest, and any of the other awesome Charlotte courses in about 10 days. I will be able to throw in a midwestern point of view. I bet I see some appalachian Beauty

I'd most certainly down for attending a meetup/tourney in Cincy or at Flip.

Just a reminder that I'll have 1-3 seats available for car pool. I live off of 96 (just a few miles from 94). I haven't been to flip, but I have been to luddington- it took three hours. So if we get a couple car pools, that's a few hrs drive taken off. Also, metro airpot (major) is very close to me.

Latest posts