• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 Ledgestone Insurance Open Aug 5-8

Probably an effort to avoid people dropping their DGN subscription because they know they can consume the coverage faster and on the same day from GK.

Any idea if DGN allows you to rewind during the live stream? Say if I tune in live 30 minutes late and want to catch the beginning? I've only watched final day live coverage on YouTube and you can do it there. I wanted to think at one point you couldn't, but it was said to be a future feature update by whoever produces the software they currently used.

Or is the live footage available immediately archived same day, aka I wanted to watch the FPO morning round yesterday evening?

I agree part of it is probably not wanting to lose DGN subscriptions, but they probably also don't want to lose the same day viewers to GK Pro. Number of viewers is definitely important because that's what they pitch to ESPN2, CBS Sports, or whoever for those deals. They'd also use that when searching for larger corporate sponsorship deals.

Could also be some other explanation, but who knows. Same day post production coverage isn't common, so maybe a random blip where the situation wasn't clearly explained in the media agreement?

Same day post production coverage isn't common, so maybe a random blip where the situation wasn't clearly explained in the media agreement?

This seems to be a likely explanation. I'm still impressed with the quality that is achieved in the next day post-produced coverage. Hard to imagine that DGPT had seriously considered the possibility that their DGN stream would ever have much competition from same day post-pro.

Either that, or GK has to censor out some sleeveless arms before uploading. ;)

From the competition manual:

3.04 Dress Code
A. All violations of the Dress Code Policy shall be considered a Courtesy Violation
under Section 8.12 of the PDGA Official Rules of Play.

I wonder how this would work during a tournament. A Courtesy Violation is a warning for the first time and a penalty for each subsequent violation during the round.

So, someone in the group or the TD calls a Courtesy Violation for the male caddy wearing a sleeveless shirt on hole 1. Hole 2, the caddy is still wearing the shirt, that should be a penalty. So, if the shirt isn't changed during the round that would be 17 penalty strokes.

Would that really happen? I'd think the 'reasonable/common sense' solution would be to tell the player and caddy that the caddy "can't wear a sleeveless shirt and if your caddy continues to wear one in following rounds you will be penalized a stroke a hole."

But the rules really don't permit the 'reasonable/common sense' solution.....so I'd guess no one called a courtesy violation, but may have said something "in private" to the player and/or caddy. It would be interesting to know if the caddy wore a sleeveless shirt the next round.

Any idea if DGN allows you to rewind during the live stream? Say if I tune in live 30 minutes late and want to catch the beginning? I've only watched final day live coverage on YouTube and you can do it there. I wanted to think at one point you couldn't, but it was said to be a future feature update by whoever produces the software they currently used.

Or is the live footage available immediately archived same day, aka I wanted to watch the FPO morning round yesterday evening?

I agree part of it is probably not wanting to lose DGN subscriptions, but they probably also don't want to lose the same day viewers to GK Pro. Number of viewers is definitely important because that's what they pitch to ESPN2, CBS Sports, or whoever for those deals. They'd also use that when searching for larger corporate sponsorship deals.

Could also be some other explanation, but who knows. Same day post production coverage isn't common, so maybe a random blip where the situation wasn't clearly explained in the media agreement?

You can rewind but it just shuts off if you aren't caught up to the live action by the time the stream ends. Then you have to wait like 6hrs before its reposted in the archive.

You can rewind but it just shuts off if you aren't caught up to the live action by the time the stream ends. Then you have to wait like 6hrs before its reposted in the archive.

From what I've found, it also doesn't work well in some apps (like a phone or Roku)

I wonder how this would work during a tournament. A Courtesy Violation is a warning for the first time and a penalty for each subsequent violation during the round.

So, someone in the group or the TD calls a Courtesy Violation for the male caddy wearing a sleeveless shirt on hole 1. Hole 2, the caddy is still wearing the shirt, that should be a penalty. So, if the shirt isn't changed during the round that would be 17 penalty strokes.

Would that really happen? I'd think the 'reasonable/common sense' solution would be to tell the player and caddy that the caddy "can't wear a sleeveless shirt and if your caddy continues to wear one in following rounds you will be penalized a stroke a hole."

But the rules really don't permit the 'reasonable/common sense' solution.....so I'd guess no one called a courtesy violation, but may have said something "in private" to the player and/or caddy. It would be interesting to know if the caddy wore a sleeveless shirt the next round.

I also noticed this for the Eagle's crossing GK skins match:

**** PDGA A-TIER DRESS CODE WILL BE ENFORCED FOR SPECTATORS**

I never realized there was a dress code for spectators and I'm pretty sure i've see shirtless bros in most tourney footage this year - including several last week and most notably american shirts + shirtless crazy guy running around after THE SHOT at worlds.

so how many of these supposed dress codes are actually in effect and enforced?

I also noticed this for the Eagle's crossing GK skins match:

I never realized there was a dress code for spectators and I'm pretty sure i've see shirtless bros in most tourney footage this year - including several last week and most notably american shirts + shirtless crazy guy running around after THE SHOT at worlds.

so how many of these supposed dress codes are actually in effect and enforced?

The PDGA dress code is for players and staff....I haven't seen anything in it for spectators. And to say spectators have to abide by the PDGA rules - if you aren't a member....how are you supposed to know the rules? And was that stated before tickets were purchased (I think this tournament required spectators to pay).

About the dress codes being enforced....my answer is - how many rules are not enforced? It's a rule you have 30 seconds to make your throw....one player (NL) was caught on video replying to a spectator that he was taking all of his 35 seconds. "Foot faults", how many of them are called? Did you know it is a Courtesy Violation (warning first time, penalty second) to not watch your group's throws (812.B.2)? But how many times have you seen players looking the other way when a competitor is putting?

Unfortunately, disc golf doesn't have the ability to provide enough Rules Officials for tournament play. And disc golfers rarely call penalties on themselves.

Anybody have some info on why the live stream isnt starting as advertised

Anybody have some info on why the live stream isnt starting as advertised

If you're referring to the time on the DGN page, i think that is central time. Coverage starts at 5pm est with the lead card starting at 5:30 est... give or take since they are coming in halfway through the round.

Last edited:
If you're referring to the time on the DGN page, i think that is central time. Coverage starts at 5pm est with the lead card starting at 5:30 est... give or take since they are coming in halfway through the round.

Yea, I think there was some conflicting info out there. I thought it wasnt supposed to start til today at 4:30 central but then I saw that it was starting today at 3:00 central. And now I cant find where I saw 3. Must be going crazy.

I'm a little confused with the Disc Golf Network coverage. The lead card is through 5 holes, but they're not showing them at all.

They can't get cell signal for a lot of the front 9. They mention that you might not see anything from it.

Yea, I think there was some conflicting info out there. I thought it wasnt supposed to start til today at 4:30 central but then I saw that it was starting today at 3:00 central. And now I cant find where I saw 3. Must be going crazy.

The first and last round are 3pm central starts. The 2nd and 3rd are 4pm cst. Maybe you just got the days confused?

I'm a little confused with the Disc Golf Network coverage. The lead card is through 5 holes, but they're not showing them at all.

They can't get cell signal for a lot of the front 9. They mention that you might not see anything from it.

Yea, its a new front 9 than they had last year or at Worlds and that part of the park doesn't have enough cell signal.

#12 at Northwood might be the best disc golf hole in the world. They took out the OB along the left side and its still 1.32 strokes over par on average, lol...

Not to mention the middle part of the hole is about as beautiful a view as you can get on a course in the woods.

Last edited:

Latest posts