• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 The Preserve Championship July 30-Aug 1

i was able to sneak in

HpOTtje.jpeg

bK4TkIM.jpeg

nothing much to report that hasnt already been discussed or covered

crowd was cheering moar loudly for simon and for mattie o

def moar respect for jomez and the film crews

Kudos to Matty -O for his play today . I don't think the DG community truly appreciates his skill as a player. besides being a Mobile homeboy, I played a tournament with his dad before he was big enough to throw a disc. His family has been dedicated to supporting disc golf for decades. Roll Tide!

Is there a particular reason big names like Paul, Ricky, and Calvin tee'd off so early, or is the tour simply trying not to show favoritism to the top players? This is the first time I've ever seen big names tee off so early.

Post produced coverage gets spread out a bit, more storylines to cover during the live broadcast, and give the spectators attending more opportunity to watch a couple rounds if they stick around all day. I always figured the post produced groups would request earlier for first round so they could start their editing and get a decent night of sleep.

Prodigy is presenting sponsor for the tournament so the first round coverage has more of their team members since they get 1 player per filmed card. Also looks like they chose to highlight some more of the local scene players that may not be touring as much to give them a taste.

So live coverage had: Winner of last DGPT event (Kristin/Eagle), Winner of last year's same tournament (Nikko/Paige), Sponsor choice (Catrina/KJones), and TD choice (Holly/MattyO)?

Kinda refreshing to not see the same players get featured first round when we usually catch them near the top in Rd 2 & 3. First round post produced is usually my favorite because its not just the same guys/gals and more 'interesting' rounds usually. Stings slightly to miss covering the first round leader this time but we get to see Ricky tomorrow.

Forecast has the wind picking up in the mid afternoon so I expect some of those players with earlier tee times to move up a bit.

Paige was 0% C1x heading into 18, but then somehow gets 25% at the end of the round....they changed her make on 1 to C1x. I don't recall exactly but I though she missed C2 and made drop in.

Either way, brutal putting from the FPO. I didn't think putting across any card at a national level in open would be that bad. Everyone was having an off day in the green and no one could break the funk

crowd was cheering moar loudly for simon and for mattie o

Those are 2 of my favorite players to watch. Definitely easy to cheer for.

Side note: I know it's been dry over there, but damn, those pics look the Serengeti or something.

Wow Kristin really destroyed that Feature Card . . both Paige and Cat has totaly lost their game after Worlds.

Eveliina and Henna must see this as a HUGE lost lost opportunity

Looking at the UDiscs stats, i dont think i have ever seen such bad C1x stats as in this rounds FPO. . .

Those are 2 of my favorite players to watch. Definitely easy to cheer for.

Side note: I know it's been dry over there, but damn, those pics look the Serengeti or something.

dry as a dang ol bone

the old ball golf greens are cracked

the pond level on a few of them have receded "several feet" according to other locals who actually play the course

if you would walk on the grass barefoot it would be like walking on pine needles

I really enjoy "DGPT Breakfast with Jomez."

Gannon Buhr making the most of his Jomez moment. Made a putt for every one poor Simon missed.

Last edited:
Wow - Rd2 might be the final round, as the air quality is so bad. Decision will be made tomorrow morning.

We need rain BAD.

The course looks horrible on coverage. I don't see the "first cutting of Uncle Sven's back 60 acres" as the look we hope to present to the future. I was hoping to see the course at it's beginnings of breaking in. Looks like you haven't had enough rain to make much headway. It is hard to even find any ancillary challenge the course could ever offer. This is Minnesota, right?

The course looks horrible on coverage. I don't see the "first cutting of Uncle Sven's back 60 acres" as the look we hope to present to the future. I was hoping to see the course at it's beginnings of breaking in. Looks like you haven't had enough rain to make much headway. It is hard to even find any ancillary challenge the course could ever offer. This is Minnesota, right?

"bruh the red mulch makes the contrast pop"