• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 WACO Charity Open Mar 11-13

Friday is going to be miserable. Distinct disadvantage to afternoon rounds.

Spectators will show up after the sun comes out Saturday.

...says the Michigander! :D

My bet is less than half the Texans that bought tickets will show up, especially before 1pm.

I'm with you tho. I'll play in weather that I wouldn't otherwise consider going outside in, but I'm also not native to Texas and have lived all over.
Yes, cold is cold everywhere, but man, the Texas wind seems to cut through every layer I can put on.

smh from minnesota as well

My bet is less than half the Texans that bought tickets will show up, especially before 1pm.

I'm with you tho. I'll play in weather that I wouldn't otherwise consider going outside in, but I'm also not native to Texas and have lived all over.
Yes, cold is cold everywhere, but man, the Texas wind seems to cut through every layer I can put on.

TheOtherBill: the Texas wind seems to cut through every layer I can put on.
Calumet Michigan: Hold my beer.

McBeth, Gannon Buhr, Lizotte and Nikko in the final group for round 1. That would be a fun group to follow. :popcorn:

...says the Michigander! :D

I spent the first 23 years of my life in Miami.
Moved to Detroit as an adult.

Getting used to a real winter was... a culture shock to say the least. I used to think 50's was cold. Freezing only happened in that box above the fridge. First time I saw an ice scraper, I literally had no clue what the hell it was.

Now, I don't consider it truly cold unless it's below 20 (or mid to upper 20's with wind-chill and/or damp conditions).

I don't care where you are: humid air amplifies the effect of temps on your body - cold seems colder, and hot seems hotter.

Last edited:
McBeth, Gannon Buhr, Lizotte and Nikko in the final group for round 1. That would be a fun group to follow. :popcorn:

That really is an entertaining card.

I'd love to see Nikko call Buhr for a 30 sec violation. Better yet would be Buhr calling one on Nikko.

< is an evil person deep down inside.

The really low scoring will be on Saturday. Low winds and sun. A little chilly in the morning, but without the wind, it shouldn't be too bad. Sunday is typical spring conditions. Conditions will be perfect for the lead cards Saturday and Sunday. Round one will favor the conservative players.

The really low scoring will be on Saturday. Low winds and sun. A little chilly in the morning, but without the wind, it shouldn't be too bad. Sunday is typical spring conditions. Conditions will be perfect for the lead cards Saturday and Sunday. Round one will favor the conservative players.

The winds typically pick up as the day goes on so the top cards may find more challenging conditions than the early ones.

Now, I don't consider it truly cold unless it's below 20 (or mid to upper 20's with wind-chill and/or damp conditions).

I don't care where you are: humid air amplifies the effect of temps on your body - cold seems colder, and hot seems hotter.

I'll take 10 below over 25 and moist any day. Moisture in the air changes everything.

I'll wait for the post-production.

Johnny V has actually gotten pretty good at the timing of switching with Nikko putting I've noticed. He'll flash to Nikko addressing his lie and starting routine, switches to someone throwing an actual shot, flips back to Nikko with PLENTY of time to spare.

Just odd. Eveliina is the Co leader but have missed five C1x putts in the first ten holes. . .she is just So good of the tee in the woods.

They need to scrap the check-ins with the on-course reporters. Half the time the reporter doesn't answer the check-in, the other half its soo mumbled you can't make out anything they are saying. In the odd chance you can actually hear the person, they usually aren't in a position to give any actual on-course insight. :sigh: