• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: Discraft's Great Lakes Open July 23-25

it almost feels like Paige don´t want to win anymore. . .everytime she builds up a lead she does something stupid.
The par on hole one is easy for her. . .but she goes for the high risk birdy....and fails...WHY?!?

Nice to see Ragna in the top ten, all rounds over her rating....and she was 2nd in C1x putting! . . odd to see a player that dont really play that much be that good in C1.

a few surprises in the top ten, Deann, Alex, Kat and Ragna are all rated below 936

I'd never heard of Alex Benson before. She has a pretty sparse PDGA player page, only playing a few events in the northeast each year. But she's picking it up much more this year, and has already signed up for a number of pro-tour events on the east coast. She did get 9th at GMC last year. Will be an interesting one to track.

She did go OB.....how i dont know.

Paige must like to loose...

Her new 'Passion' disc likely cost her the win. In Round 3, hole 1, she hugely over-turned it, going deep in the rough, ended up taking a triple bogey. On hole 3, she again over-turned it, went in deep right (where discs go to die), ended up getting a 5, which is almost a 2 stroke penalty, as she had gotten 3 the prior round.

Not sure what that disc is supposed to do, but it certainly is very understable out of her hands, and holds that line. Great for long turnover shots, but that's not what either of those 2 holes demand. They both need a disc to quit turning about 300' in and start to fade out. She may have just mis-thrown it both times too.

Her new 'Passion' disc likely cost her the win. In Round 3, hole 1, she hugely over-turned it, going deep in the rough, ended up taking a triple bogey. On hole 3, she again over-turned it, went in deep right (where discs go to die), ended up getting a 5, which is almost a 2 stroke penalty, as she had gotten 3 the prior round.

Not sure what that disc is supposed to do, but it certainly is very understable out of her hands, and holds that line. Great for long turnover shots, but that's not what either of those 2 holes demand. They both need a disc to quit turning about 300' in and start to fade out. She may have just mis-thrown it both times too.

She did birdy hole 1 in round two with that disc..I think that was the only birds on that hole
But she burned a few…so it cost her more than she gained

She did birdy hole 1 in round two with that disc..I think that was the only birds on that hole
But she burned a few…so it cost her more than she gained

During round 1 she went long and had a nice look at a 37 footer for birdie, but they said she threw a buzzz. Were they wrong or did she change her game plan?

I mean yeah that 6 on 1 hurt but she also missed at least 2 20 footers in round 3 that for her are usually gimmies.

I forget what hole it was but Eagle drilling that 50' death putt and looking cool as a cucumber in the process was damn impressive.

On the FPO side Tattar seems to have the most complete game right now, but PP might have the higher ceiling. Couid probably argue pretty close that Cat's is more complete right now too.

I think it's been discussed on the MPO side and the consensus was that Eagle has the highest ceiling. But right now Paul or Rick with the most complete game?

More difficult to say on the MPO side since you've got a larger variety of winning contenders every week.

Huh? Isn't Paige like 30 years old, Cat something like 35 and Kristin something like 22? Doesn't that factor into "ceilings"? Or do I have her confused with one of the other European players?

Huh? Isn't Paige like 30 years old, Cat something like 35 and Kristin something like 22? Doesn't that factor into "ceilings"? Or do I have her confused with one of the other European players?

You have her confused with the Finns, both of whom are younger. Tattar is 28 or 29.

it almost feels like Paige don´t want to win anymore. . .everytime she builds up a lead she does something stupid.
The par on hole one is easy for her. . .but she goes for the high risk birdy....and fails...WHY?!?

honestly this has been PP mo her entire career. The only difference now is more of the field has caught up with her and are in a position to take advantage.

Paige's always going for it attitude doesn't necessarily work out for her all the time, but I'd still say it works for her more often than it doesn't. That said, she'd be truly deadly if she picked her spots a bit more judiciously. It's shocking to see her struggle with C1 putting, because we're used to her putting the lights out.

That said I think DGLO gave us good look at what Kristin is capable of. During her post tourny interview she said she just wasn't feeling herself the last few events, which is understandable having to travel from Europe and quarantine, and getting thrust right into World's.

I wonder why she didn't hit a couple of events prior to World's, just to get her feet wet, but maybe that wasn't viable option, or perhaps she'd already committed to certain events in Europe.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of Kristin. She has the distance, putting and tenacity to compete with Paige, Cat, and Hailey (when Hailey's on her game). That putt on 17, from well outside C1, and from below the basket, was putting with power. You don't see that sorta thing in FPO.

Last edited:
Paige's always going for it attitude doesn't necessarily work out for her all the time, but I'd still say it works for her more often than it doesn't. That said, she'd be truly deadly if she picked her spots a bit more judiciously. It's shocking to see her struggle with C1 putting, because we're used to her putting the lights out.

That said I think DGLO gave us good look at what Kristin is capable of. During her post tourny interview she said she just wasn't feeling herself the last few events, which is understandable having to travel from Europe and quarantine, and getting thrust right into World's.

I wonder why she didn't hit a couple of events prior to World's, just to get her feet wet, but maybe that wasn't viable option, or perhaps she'd already committed to certain events in Europe.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of Kristin. She has the distance, putting and tenacity to compete with Paige, Cat, and Hailey (when Hailey's on her game). That putt on 17, from well outside C1, and from below the basket, was putting with power. You don't see that sorta thing in FPO.

Kristin hurt her shoulder in the warmup before worlds and that made her putt kind of weird the first days of worlds.
I really hope Kristin, Eveliina and Henna will play more on tour, that would make FPO really interesting…perhaps even more so than MPO

Kristin hurt her shoulder in the warmup before worlds and that made her putt kind of weird the first days of worlds.
I really hope Kristin, Eveliina and Henna will play more on tour, that would make FPO really interesting…perhaps even more so than MPO
Might eventually parallel how Asian women upped their game to dominate the LPGA top tier ranks (60+ in top 100).