• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Diver...good, bad, so-so or no clue

Disc Diver...is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nathanbr2

Birdie Member
recently stumbled upon the Disc Diver

thinking about getting one sometime soon. Living on the gulf coast means a lot of rain, and a lot of water hazards.

some clear water, some muddy, some plants, some logs...you name it...it's down here in a water hazard.

wondering if anyone used one on here? if so how'd it do?

It works well if
a) you can see it
b) there is not seaweed or jagged rocks everywhere

I saw a guy with an Ashlie retriever pull two discs out of the water at Vista Del Camino like he threw them in there everyday. I don't know where one can purchase an Ashlie retriever though.

Yep. Seen a retriever used and works well when you can see the disc and no logs or rocks are in the way. I've built a rake about 3 feet wide and it is the same way. I just use throwaway discs on water holes and also keep old shoes in my car for wading.

It works well if
a) you can see it
b) there is not seaweed or jagged rocks everywhere

This. I've saved 8/11 discs that have gone in the water since I got it, so it's doing pretty well for me.

I have gotten well over 100 discs out of the water with this. If I can see it I have gotten it except for 3 times. I like those odds.

Most of the time they are great. When its muddy or there is a bunch of debris, it doesnt work very well

When it's muddy, be the first there the next day. I've proven this technique to work.

If it's mud that'll settle that works, but there are places where the water is just permanently cloudy and it's really hard to get the retriever to work.

I will echo what's already been said if you can see your disc they work great. i have not found it to be good for just dragging a bottom randomly.

When it's muddy, be the first there the next day. I've proven this technique to work.

Thats fine except if its muddy at tl the disc is gone anyways cause the creek flows. If not the douches go out there and swim first thing anyways

seen it work many times. if it saves two discs it's paid for itself

Yep. Seen a retriever used and works well when you can see the disc and no logs or rocks are in the way. I've built a rake about 3 feet wide and it is the same way. I just use throwaway discs on water holes and also keep old shoes in my car for wading.

while i don't mind wading, most any creek down here is... 1 step off shore= knee deep in water/mud

also, being in the south, snakes and turtles everywhere

You know those inter locking plastic key chains? The ones that have a key ring on either side of it and you push one side in and the 2 round parts lock together?

Well, I put those on either end of the strings and they weigh so little it doesn't effect the throw and makes putting them together and taking them apart super fast and easy. Plus, if you are using just the shorter end, you can put it on your finger like a ring so it does not get thrown in after by accident. I have seen it done and it is damn funny!

lastly, the little bit of weight it adds to the end, does make it a bit easier to wide up and not get as tangled.

Latest posts