• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf injuries

I went to the knee doctor this week. No one there ever asked me what disc golf was, or even called it Frisbee golf.

Ominous.

My bro last week at Noc went looking for his disc and found a hornet nest instead (them nasty black ones) took off running, got stung twice in the leg, and left his disc. His leg swelled up like a balloon and was driping puss for days.

Hole 13 at Pueblo City Park has 3 levels of wall that you have to step up and you cross #17's fairway. I hurry across 17 to get outta the way of the group on that hole, jump up the 1st wall, go to jump up the 2nd and miss the top of the wall with my foot and tumble back down the wall. Rebroke my broken big toe which just healed and dumped my bag all over the wall. It was all witnessed by at least 5 people who were kind enough to not laugh until after I walked away. Still got my birdie on the hole, but left my dignity behind.

swollen ribs from either overextending or from falling down some stairs at the course. pretty upset, can't play for 2 weeks they said. (probably only gonna last a few days).

My roommate and I were at Begg Park in Battle Creek, MI. There is a creek that runs through the course that is only like a foot or so deep, but he got in to get his disc and slipped on a rock and almost fractured his foot. He had it in a walking cast for about a week and it was swollen and bruised for about 3 weeks. Didn't think that we were all playing a dangerous sport lol.

I was on hole 8 at Woodmansee park in Salem today and as I got ready to tee off I felt a sore spot under my right arm. "Ouch"! So I reach my hand under there out comes a yellow jacket. No idea where he came from or how he got there. I am still sore from being stung. lousy insect.

Thought I would just bump this thread because it has some valuable advice that is still relevant.

Anybody else get a pain in their lower back just above the top right of the pelvis?

I have had shoulder pain in my throwing arm for a little over a month now it sucks, its gone down a lot but stopped playing for now until i can get it healed. The pain is almost gone but don't want to risk it. Want to get up and in shape for a tourney in October!

I stubbed my toe on a tee pad at Oak Grove (Pasadena), was out of the game for 2 months :(

my little bro threw his disc over a neighbours fence and i just could let it go, climbed up onto their brick shed (about 4m) when i reached the top the mortar came loose, fell all the way down flat on my back and then had to deal with three bricks falling onto my legs. Got a pretty good gash.

Torques my back out of alignment 5 min before a tourny this summer. Struggled through the first round and decided not to play the 2nd. Right before the round started I decided to try and play a few holes since I had never quit an event before. Ended up shooting the hot round and barely cashing and it actually was one of the best DG moments I had although I couldn't walk the whole next week and it took 2 months to heal after a lot of chiro work.

Besides that hip flexor and and rotator scare that left me unable to throw more than 200ft for 2 days

I was standing on a concrete washout (erosion prevention concrete rough at the edge of a drainage ditch where it meets a creek) looking for my brothers disc and the concrete portion I was standing on collapsed.

It was about a 2' circle that fell down about 3' with me on it while my GF and brother watched. It missed breaking my ankle (damn thing probably weighed 80 lbs easy) by about 6 inches, and instead just gouged up my shin in 5 places and allowed me to begin leaking blood into my sock.

That was about a month ago, I'm scarring up nicely now.

The worst I've witnessed personally is someone breaking their hand by hitting a tree on their follow through. OUCH.

SO a few years ago I went to Morely Field in San diego the day before they were holding there annual tournment, The Spring Fling. During my practice round for the tournment I broke my foot. On hole 14 I slipped off the end of the tee and came down in the push-up position and broke multiple bones in my foot. It hurt so bad I couldnt drive and had to have my fatherinlaw drive me home. We were both signed up to play the next day. Well I went to the hospital and they put my foot in a soft cast because I told them I still had to work and they gave me a cain to walk with. Well I took alot of pain killers and went to the tournment the next day and proceeded to throw a 1000+ rated round and crush for the one day tourney. I did standing throws the entire day and walked around with a cain the entire time. I won the tourney which was awesome since I got a pile of plastic and a basket. That was the worst injury.

SO a few years ago I went to Morely Field in San diego the day before they were holding there annual tournment, The Spring Fling. During my practice round for the tournment I broke my foot. On hole 14 I slipped off the end of the tee and came down in the push-up position and broke multiple bones in my foot. It hurt so bad I couldnt drive and had to have my fatherinlaw drive me home. We were both signed up to play the next day. Well I went to the hospital and they put my foot in a soft cast because I told them I still had to work and they gave me a cain to walk with. Well I took alot of pain killers and went to the tournment the next day and proceeded to throw a 1000+ rated round and crush for the one day tourney. I did standing throws the entire day and walked around with a cain the entire time. I won the tourney which was awesome since I got a pile of plastic and a basket. That was the worst injury.
:hfive:
Freakin' epic!

I've read a bunch of these but, I don't think anyone can beat mine. I was 3 feet away from the basket for birdie, and I looked at my friend and said " Hey, watch this!" WORST MISTAKE. NEVER say that before you do ANYTHING. But anyway, I turned around, hunched like I was going to snap a football, and tried to snap it under me (like a hike, or snap in football) and since I don't play football, I landed it directly into the "undercarriage". It was a very bad experience.

I have a torn Achilles tendon, had it for about 5 years now. Over 50% rupture with little to no chance of repair that will be greater than 50% chance of being back to normal. 50/50? :wall: It was a tennis injury. The point is I'm a bit paranoid about my footing especially when I play in the winter.

It was icy and I was concerned about slipping and tearing the Achilles even more, but rather than play smart and go easy I let a full throttle drive rip. Thing is as I planted my foot it slipped a bit and I pulled up on my FH. Pulled the longheads and shortheads of my bicep. MUST FOLLOW THRU! Put me ooc for a few weeks.

Thought I would just bump this thread because it has some valuable advice that is still relevant.

Anybody else get a pain in their lower back just above the top right of the pelvis?

I believe that pain would be your sacrial iliac...it is the bone that keeps your hips in place, ie...forward instead of backwards...go to a chiroprator and get it put back in place....it happens to me all the time....if you do not get it taken care of you will drop to your knees eventually and have a hard time walking...trust me..

I've read a bunch of these but, I don't think anyone can beat mine. I was 3 feet away from the basket for birdie, and I looked at my friend and said " Hey, watch this!" WORST MISTAKE. NEVER say that before you do ANYTHING. But anyway, I turned around, hunched like I was going to snap a football, and tried to snap it under me (like a hike, or snap in football) and since I don't play football, I landed it directly into the "undercarriage". It was a very bad experience.

What?

my little bro threw his disc over a neighbours fence and i just could let it go, climbed up onto their brick shed (about 4m) when i reached the top the mortar came loose, fell all the way down flat on my back and then had to deal with three bricks falling onto my legs. Got a pretty good gash.

Ouch, hope that still leaves you able to play.

Welcome to the site!

Latest posts